HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 2

Old
03-01-2014, 05:32 AM
XX
... Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Ice 11 View Post
Looked at a few youtube videos of him. I think he has good skill and grit. Maybe just has some temper issues
He will have a bash buddy in Domi. Found this while cruising around youtube:

They're hot **** in their current situations, but I expect them to calm down once they hit the NHL. Both are going to figure out real fast that Tippett doesn't care about draft status if you take bad penalties.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 09:01 PM
BIitz
RIP LL

Samuelsson is a beast, nuff said. He plays an insane amount of minutes for a forward too

BIitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 06:31 AM
hbk

THN Future Watch published

The Good
3 prospects in top 50 including Domi (18), Gormely (37), and Samuellson (49)

The Bad
Despite the 3in Top 50, Phoenix ranked 22nd overall for talent 21 and under. Well below where we should be given our normal drafting position.

Where I disagree:
1) Murphy wasn't on list or rankings. Bit of an oversight. He was likely a tweener when list was being compiled.
2) Rundblad didn't make list. Again, a technicality but IMO he would have been easily in our Top 4. I had him higher.
3) Brown as our #4. A bit high for me.
4) no Gaudet. Oversight. I have him comfortably in our top 10.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 06:48 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
4) no Gaudet. Oversight. I have him comfortably in our top 10.
You and Soo fans seem to love the guy. HF isn't so high on him. What's the deal? Ethan Werek or something more?

Old
03-07-2014, 06:53 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
You and Soo fans seem to love the guy. HF isn't so high on him. What's the deal? Ethan Werek or something more?
More.

Potential replacement for Hanzal or a guy who can take some of the heavy minutes off of Hanzal's shoulders. Ideal 3rd line every situation C. Uses huge 6'5" frame as a screen on PP. Skates surprisingly well.

Worth the $7.50 CDN to watch SSM online.

Old
03-10-2014, 11:58 AM
mitch27

Saw Gaudet for the third time last night in person. He created three or four odd-man rushes... shorthanded. One of the best PKers in the OHL this season in my opinion. Terrific two-way guy.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 02:06 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Laurent Dauphin has 51 points in 48 games in the QMJHL so far. He's 6'0" and 165 though... gain some muscle, kid!

03-12-2014, 03:48 PM
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken

Do you guys see Samuelsson making a run at the roster next year? Love this kid's game....very Corey Perry like

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 03:52 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Do you guys see Samuelsson making a run at the roster next year? Love this kid's game....very Corey Perry like
Others (namely hbk) have seen more of him than I have, but I think he needs at least a year in the AHL to adjust to the speed. I like his skillset an awful lot and think he'll eventually be a great fit on this team (though likely not more than a 50-point player), but as of now, his lack of footspeed would really hold him back. His proclivity for bad penalties doesn't help, either.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2014, 03:56 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Everdeen View Post
Laurent Dauphin has 51 points in 48 games in the QMJHL so far. He's 6'0" and 165 though... gain some muscle, kid!
If Turris could bulk up to 195, anyone can. And who knows if that 165 number is up to date.

Dauphin actually reminds me a lot of Claude Giroux (stylistically speaking), who plays at around 180 lbs. I don't think Dauphin needs to get all that much bigger to be effective.

Old
03-12-2014, 05:11 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Interesting comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Saw Gaudet for the third time last night in person. He created three or four odd-man rushes... shorthanded. One of the best PKers in the OHL this season in my opinion. Terrific two-way guy.
Any of you get a chance to see Mitch Holmberg? Wondering if he would be worth a contract. Leading the WHL in scoring and undrafted. Reminds people of Tyler Johnson and is over 30 points ahead of his nearest teammate. I think he'd be worth a contract, if only for Portland's sake.

Old
03-12-2014, 10:55 PM
lanky

I finally watched a Knights game that I recorded a few weeks ago. Domi is electric. He's alway dangerous. His stick is so quick that he can intercept passes out of the air and his feet are so quick that he can get intercept passes by popping in to the lane. Tippett is going to love him because he does enough little things really well.

lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 01:01 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Domi has 93pts and just one game left. Hank has 95 with one game left. Doesn't look like either will hit the 100pt mark. Good news is it doesn't look like either will actually get 100PIMs either. Both do have 90+ though. Haha. Apples don't fall far, I guess.

03-16-2014, 03:24 AM
Desert Ice 11

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Domi has 93pts and just one game left. Hank has 95 with one game left. Doesn't look like either will hit the 100pt mark. Good news is it doesn't look like either will actually get 100PIMs either. Both do have 90+ though. Haha. Apples don't fall far, I guess.
That is incredible...odds of seeing those two on next years roster? Last year wasn't Samuelson only at camp for a couple of days ?

Desert Ice 11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
Quote:
That is incredible...odds of seeing those two on next years roster? Last year wasn't Samuelson only at camp for a couple of days ?
Blame Tippett.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 10:57 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I'd say Domi is likely to be an NHL player next season. Small chance of being returned to junior.

Samuelsson is actually eligible for the AHL, so that's where he will likely spend most of the season.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
I'd say Domi is likely to be an NHL player next season. Small chance of being returned to junior.

Samuelsson is actually eligible for the AHL, so that's where he will likely spend most of the season.
Do you think there's any chance that Samuelsson might be able to play on the fourth line next year? He's a RHS and he's played both center and wing. With Chipchura, a leftie, capable of playing both, maybe they could let Samuelsson be agressive in the dot, expecting to get kicked out a lot, then Chipchura jumping in. I know Samuelsson's skating is the real concern there. But we don't really have any other internal candidates. And he's definitely got the size to handle that role.

I wish the Oilers would give us Boyd Gordon back.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Desert Ice 11

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Do you think there's any chance that Samuelsson might be able to play on the fourth line next year? He's a RHS and he's played both center and wing. With Chipchura, a leftie, capable of playing both, maybe they could let Samuelsson be agressive in the dot, expecting to get kicked out a lot, then Chipchura jumping in. I know Samuelsson's skating is the real concern there. But we don't really have any other internal candidates. And he's definitely got the size to handle that role.

At a discount...makes to much

Desert Ice 11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 04:05 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post

I think the question is whether or not a year in the AHL will better enable Samuelsson to be a top 6 forward at the NHL level.

Old
03-16-2014, 04:17 PM
PhoPhan

There have also been some discussions about changing the rule to further punish centers who get kicked out of the for by making the replacement center set up farther back. If that goes into effect, it would make less sense to put Samuelsson there with that intention.

At any rate, I think the AHL is the best place for him next year with respect to his long term development.

Old
03-16-2014, 06:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Both Domi and Samuelsson are scratched by London and Edmonton along with star players on either team to rest up for post season play.

RE: Samuelsson at C. I only saw him take F/Os when on a line with Lazar and only in the offensive zone. This is because Lazar has an amazing shot. The idea was Samuelsson would get the puck to Lazar quickly for a shot on goal right after the draw. Lazar's amazing shot isn't much use on the face off dot. Apart from that Lazar took the F/Os in the neutral and D zones. This because he's better on the draw. Also the better skater and better defensive forward. Fits as a C. Samuelsson doesn't. He makes sense as a W. I would not anticipate him playing C at the NHL level. Nor would I anticipate Domi playing C in the NHL. Both will be Ws, IMO.

Old
03-16-2014, 06:06 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I think the question is whether or not a year in the AHL will better enable Samuelsson to be a top 6 forward at the NHL level.
Exactly. Put future 4th liners on the 4th line. Put future top sixers in the top six in the AHL.

Old
03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
hbk

Quote:
Both Domi and Samuelsson are scratched by London and Edmonton along with star players on either team to rest up for post season play.

RE: Samuelsson at C. I only saw him take F/Os when on a line with Lazar and only in the offensive zone. This is because Lazar has an amazing shot. The idea was Samuelsson would get the puck to Lazar quickly for a shot on goal right after the draw. Lazar's amazing shot isn't much use on the face off dot. Apart from that Lazar took the F/Os in the neutral and D zones. This because he's better on the draw. Also the better skater and better defensive forward. Fits as a C. Samuelsson doesn't. He makes sense as a W. I would not anticipate him playing C at the NHL level. Nor would I anticipate Domi playing C in the NHL. Both will be Ws, IMO.
Coyotes management has long indicated Domi will play on left side and Samuellson will play on right side. My biggest fear is we draft Claude Lemieux's kid to play center.

Old
03-16-2014, 06:49 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

How about Paul Reinhart's kid?

Of course, I'd settle for Michael Nylander's kid. Haha.

Old
03-16-2014, 07:49 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
How about Paul Reinhart's kid?

Of course, I'd settle for Michael Nylander's kid. Haha.
Sami Kapanen's son would be a nice consolation for this rough season, too.