HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2014, 09:51 PM
  #326
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Sami Kapanen's son would be a nice consolation for this rough season, too.
Indeed. Projects as a wing, though.

There are a whole bunch of forwards in this draft that would be nice to add.

Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Nylander, Ritchie, Ehlers, Kapanen, McCann, Virtanen, Kempe, Fabbri, Perlini, Ho-Sang, Milano, Bleackley, Fiala, etc.

Bunch of kids that, on paper, seem like great adds in the first round.

Maybe it's easier to like a draft when you know nothing about it. Haha. Too hard to dislike anybody. Nobody for me to hate on

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 11:22 PM
  #327
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Nylander, Ritchie, Ehlers, Kapanen, McCann, Virtanen, Kempe, Fabbri, Perlini, Ho-Sang, Milano, Bleackley, Fiala, etc.
I like to put them into groups:
Group A: Bennett, Reinhart, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Ehlers
Group B: Nylander, Kapanen, Virtanen, Kempe, Fabbri, Perlini, Ho-Sang, Milano, McCann, Goldobin
Group C: Bleackley, Fiala, Barbashev, Pastrnak, Vrana, Karlsson, Tuch, Larkin, Scherbak, Schmaltz
Group D: Lemieux, MacInnis, Watson, Chatham, Point, Cornel, Quenneville, Gersich, Eiserman, Magyar, Baillie, Lindblom

We're not going to get a Group A candidate, but I'm hoping we can pick up one B, C and D candidate. The only guy in Group B I'm not sold on is McCann, and in Group C I like Pastrnak, Larkin and Schmaltz over the rest.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2014, 11:37 PM
  #328
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,209
vCash: 500
I couldn't possibly rank all those kids. So many leagues, and countries.

Some make me mildly nervous due to reports of inconsistent effort levels. Biggest red flag there is. But that's all 2nd hand. I can't judge any of them other than what I've red on paper and seen in highlights. Go read the reports on Pavel Brendl and watch the highlights. Really impressive. Lauri Tukonen. Wow. Hugh Jessiman.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 12:10 AM
  #329
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,209
vCash: 500
I will be watching the Memorial Cup but I need our Canadian posters (hbk, I'm looking at you) to be diligent in recording and watching the CHL playoffs. I know there must be like three channels up there showing various games. Have a look at these kids and report back to us here. Haha.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 07:02 PM
  #330
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I will be watching the Memorial Cup but I need our Canadian posters (hbk, I'm looking at you) to be diligent in recording and watching the CHL playoffs. I know there must be like three channels up there showing various games. Have a look at these kids and report back to us here. Haha.
Will do.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 08:52 PM
  #331
_Del_
Registered User
 
_Del_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SkullcrusherMountain
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Will do.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 09:27 PM
  #332
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,868
vCash: 500
Tyler Gaudet placed first in quite a few of the OHL Coaches Polls:

Most Improved Player:
Eastern Conference:
1. Brendan Perlini, Niagara IceDogs (36)
2. Remi Elie, Belleville Bulls (22)
3. Hunter Smith, Oshawa Generals (8)
Western Conference:
1. Tyler Gaudet, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (33)
2. Robby Fabbri, Guelph Storm (16)
3. Brandon Hope, Owen Sound Attack (12)

Best Defensive Forward:
Eastern Conference:
1. Barclay Goodrow, North Bay Battalion (30) – finished third in voting in 2012-13
2. Scott Laughton, Oshawa Generals (28) – finished second in voting in 2012-13
3. Sam Bennett, Kingston Frontenacs (14)
Western Conference:
1. Tyler Gaudet, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (26)
2. Bo Horvat, London Knights (17)
3. Justin Kea, Saginaw Spirit (14)

Best Penalty Killer:
Eastern Conference:
1. Scott Laughton, Oshawa Generals (33) – finished first in voting in 2012-13
2. Aaron Ekblad, Barrie Colts (24)
3. Barclay Goodrow, North Bay Battalion (16)
Western Conference:
1. Tyler Gaudet, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (20)
2. Connor Brown, Erie Otters (17)
3. Ben Harpur, Guelph Storm (15)

IPreferPi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 10:56 PM
  #333
AndrewYotes
Registered User
 
AndrewYotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Wow, that's exciting.

AndrewYotes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 11:08 PM
  #334
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Tyler Gaudet placed first in quite a few of the OHL Coaches Polls:

Most Improved Player:
Eastern Conference:
1. Brendan Perlini, Niagara IceDogs (36)
2. Remi Elie, Belleville Bulls (22)
3. Hunter Smith, Oshawa Generals (8)
Western Conference:
1. Tyler Gaudet, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (33)
2. Robby Fabbri, Guelph Storm (16)
3. Brandon Hope, Owen Sound Attack (12)

Best Defensive Forward:
Eastern Conference:
1. Barclay Goodrow, North Bay Battalion (30) – finished third in voting in 2012-13
2. Scott Laughton, Oshawa Generals (28) – finished second in voting in 2012-13
3. Sam Bennett, Kingston Frontenacs (14)
Western Conference:
1. Tyler Gaudet, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (26)
2. Bo Horvat, London Knights (17)
3. Justin Kea, Saginaw Spirit (14)

Best Penalty Killer:
Eastern Conference:
1. Scott Laughton, Oshawa Generals (33) – finished first in voting in 2012-13
2. Aaron Ekblad, Barrie Colts (24)
3. Barclay Goodrow, North Bay Battalion (16)
Western Conference:
1. Tyler Gaudet, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (20)
2. Connor Brown, Erie Otters (17)
3. Ben Harpur, Guelph Storm (15)
I'm a believer. Perfect shut down C and replacement down the road for Hanzel on some of his "harder" more physically demanding minutes.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 11:12 PM
  #335
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse
 
IPreferPi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I'm a believer. Perfect shut down C and replacement down the road for Hanzel on some of his "harder" more physically demanding minutes.
Definitely will be paying attention to him more now. He and Hanzal could make for a formidable pairing down the middle in a few years.

IPreferPi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 11:36 PM
  #336
mitch27
Registered User
 
mitch27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Not surprised at all. As I said on the last page, the kid has otherworldly PKing ability at the OHL level. I share hbk's optimism.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 12:23 AM
  #337
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Not surprised at all. As I said on the last page, the kid has otherworldly PKing ability at the OHL level. I share hbk's optimism.
All of this Gaudet talk, and I remember watching Dauphin and Yan Pavel Laplante's U-18 shifts. Just absolute forechecking MACHINES. Relentless puck hounds and really, really effective at keeping it deep. I sure wish we had some of that now.

It sort of looks like we're developing a "type" and I like it.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2014, 08:33 PM
  #338
PHX FireBirds18
Registered User
 
PHX FireBirds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Gaudet ahead of Horvat defensively? Well that's certainly something to be excited about. Impressive to see the growth in his game. I can't remember but were there any other teams that were in the running for his services at the time?

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 04:13 PM
  #339
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I will be watching the Memorial Cup but I need our Canadian posters (hbk, I'm looking at you) to be diligent in recording and watching the CHL playoffs. I know there must be like three channels up there showing various games. Have a look at these kids and report back to us here. Haha.
Kingston Peterborough tonight?

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 08:54 PM
  #340
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,119
vCash: 500
Is Haché signed to an entry-level contract or do you think he's re-entering the draft?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 08:58 PM
  #341
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Is Haché signed to an entry-level contract or do you think he's re-entering the draft?
Well we cleared some space on D prospects with the decision to move Rundblad and Brisebois. I suspect if the Coyotes offer a contract (and they are likely waiting as the NCAA UFA season hasn't ended yet) Hache will sign.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 09:37 AM
  #342
cactus shake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.soogreyhounds.com/article/playoffs-open-with-ot-loss-to-attack
"TYLER GAUDET left the game late in the third period and did not return due to a severe facial laceration that took approximately fifteen stitches to close."
eesh. He played the next day, first star with a goal and an assist in a 7-3 win.

cactus shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:24 AM
  #343
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus shake View Post
This is a prospect to get excited about. No, he's not a top 6 scorer but he is a big shut down C who can skate. He dominates in this role. He replaces Hanzal's 3rd line minutes in a couple of years. Great signing.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:41 PM
  #344
AndrewYotes
Registered User
 
AndrewYotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...yhounds-gaudet

Can't help but like this guy.

AndrewYotes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:47 PM
  #345
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 500
agreed, great article.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:24 AM
  #346
Emerz
Registered User
 
Emerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 500
Hache won top defensive defenseman of the year in the Quebec league by the way.

Emerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 10:31 AM
  #347
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 500
And his junior year is now done so let's get him signed and playing in Portland tout de suite.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 11:37 AM
  #348
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
And his junior year is now done so let's get him signed and playing in Portland tout de suite.
Would this burn a year on his contract? If so, not worth it.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 03:01 PM
  #349
Sciamachy
Formerly Sceva Sct
 
Sciamachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wanderer
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Would this burn a year on his contract? If so, not worth it.
No idea if the rules are different for drafted/non-drafted players in this regard but Carey is signed for the 14-15 season and in Portland on a pto to finish this year. If possible, maybe do the same with Hache?

Sciamachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 03:56 PM
  #350
Kaizen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Prince George B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Would this burn a year on his contract? If so, not worth it.
No they would simply sign him to an ATO or PTO for the remainder of the year with his contract starting next year.

I'm not sure if that's the approach they took with Carey or if the contract is simply structured to not burn a year.

One of the mods and/or CBA experts can clarify the minutia.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.