HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Nashville

Old
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
Edmonton-Nashville

This proposed trade would occur at the draft, in a scenario where Edmonton ends up with the 2nd overall pick and Seth Jones is taken 1st overall.

Shea Weber
RFA rights to Matt Halischuk

2nd overall pick
Nail Yakupov

This trade basically signals a change in philosophy for the Preds. They have been searching for a long time for a game-breaking scoring forward; this gives them the opportunity for two young, high potential scoring stars, whether they select Nathan Mackinnon or Jonathan Drouin. With the emergence of Roman Josi, as well as their success with developing great defensemen through the draft, they can afford to trade Weber. For Edmonton, they get one of the best defensemen in the league, and make them a much better team 5 v 5, an area where they have struggled, as well as a young forward who can give them some physicality

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:19 PM
HitmanKiller12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
This proposed trade would occur at the draft, in a scenario where Edmonton ends up with the 2nd overall pick and Seth Jones is taken 1st overall.

Shea Weber
RFA rights to Matt Halischuk

2nd overall pick
Nail Yakupov

This trade basically signals a change in philosophy for the Preds. They have been searching for a long time for a game-breaking scoring forward; this gives them the opportunity for two young, high potential scoring stars, whether they select Nathan Mackinnon or Jonathan Drouin. With the emergence of Roman Josi, as well as their success with developing great defensemen through the draft, they can afford to trade Weber. For Edmonton, they get one of the best defensemen in the league, and make them a much better team 5 v 5, an area where they have struggled, as well as a young forward who can give them some physicality
Oilers say no. We will keep Yakupov and use the pick to take Barkov.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanKiller12 View Post
Oilers say no. We will keep Yakupov ans the pick and take Barkov.
Dammit I am sick of "taking x top prospect." Someone else can have him. Enough of this garbage.

You're right that this deal wouldn't happen though.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:23 PM
HitmanKiller12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
Dammit I am sick of "taking x top prospect." Someone else can have him. Enough of this garbage.

You're right that this deal wouldn't happen though.
Yea I think the Oilers should draft Barkov in this scenario and Tambellini needs to start earning his cut and make an actual hockey trade.

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Not enough for Weber.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:24 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Might as well stop this now, Weber cannot be moved until next season, due to the FA offer.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Might as well stop this now, Weber cannot be moved until next season, due to the FA offer.
I think it's under the assumption that EDM drafts Jones and immediately trades him for Weber on the 19th of July.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:54 PM
rockinghockey

I know that we are sucking at this point but I don't see us getting a top 3 pick. If we can get Barkov I would be estatic then some major changes have to be made with the rest of the team.

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
zeus3007*

Why would Nashville do this?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Counter: Hall, RNH, Schultz 1st
for

Weber, Halischuk, Nashville's first.

Yakupov? Puh-lease.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Why would Nashville do this?
They lack any truly dynamic forwards, and this likely gives them two. They are the bottom of the league in GF, and even without Weber have an effective defense. It's also a lot easier to acquire serviceable defensemen who can replace minutes in FA, then it is to find forwards who can generate offense

Old
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
They lack any truly dynamic forwards, and this likely gives them two. They are the bottom of the league in GF, and even without Weber have an effective defense. It's also a lot easier to acquire serviceable defensemen who can replace minutes in FA, then it is to find forwards who can generate offense
So why trade their superstar D-man for unproven talent?

Last edited by AtlantaWhaler: 03-08-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Yeah...Weber is not a center
AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
They aren't trading a top 3 defenseman who they are building their team around.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:12 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
They aren't trading a top 3 defenseman who they are building their team around.
I'm not saying they are, this is just a proposal. I'm a fan of neither team, I don't really have a side to the argument

Old
03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

If Nashville were looking to move Weber, I think Edmonton would be a good trading partner.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
I'm not saying they are, this is just a proposal. I'm a fan of neither team, I don't really have a side to the argument
When you're dealing with Weber the first thing we'd ask for is a defender who is capable of playing 20-25mins a night without looking like crap. Then we need a couple high potential forwards, or an elite forward. Basically if the other team doesn't regret trading for him we probably don't have a deal.

A high first and Yakupov is ok, BUT Yakupov is hardly proven.

We'd want two of RNH/Eberle/Hall/Yak + one Justin Schultz/Petry/Smid + 1st rounder

OR

One of the big four forwards + two of Schultz/Petry/Smid + Multiple 1st rounders.

If you don't like the price we'll gladly keep him until he retires.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
If Nashville were looking to move Weber, I think Edmonton would be a good trading partner.
overall, i agree, but Yakupov is the least attractive of the "big pieces," of which it would certainly take 2, maybe even three, depending. I can't imagine the Predators want to deal with a guy that has a few Radulov-ian mannerisms.

With that said, knowing that Poile\Trotz build their teams from the goal out, I can't really see anything being enticing enough to move Weber.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
overall, i agree, but Yakupov is the least attractive of the "big pieces," of which it would certainly take 2, maybe even three, depending. I can't imagine the Predators want to deal with a guy that has a few Radulov-ian mannerisms.

With that said, knowing that Poile\Trotz build their teams from the goal out, I can't really see anything being enticing enough to move Weber.
not sure if serious...

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

As an oilers fan, no thanks.

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:36 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
When you're dealing with Weber the first thing we'd ask for is a defender who is capable of playing 20-25mins a night without looking like crap. Then we need a couple high potential forwards, or an elite forward. Basically if the other team doesn't regret trading for him we probably don't have a deal.

A high first and Yakupov is ok, BUT Yakupov is hardly proven.

We'd want two of RNH/Eberle/Hall/Yak + one Justin Schultz/Petry/Smid + 1st rounder

OR

One of the big four forwards + two of Schultz/Petry/Smid + Multiple 1st rounders.

If you don't like the price we'll gladly keep him until he retires.
Depending on the forwards we'd be asking for, one of schultz or petry would have to be involved. The forwards would dictate which one.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post

Oh yeah I agree. This deal doesn't look all that enticing, but I could see something working out if he were on the move.

I hate bringing up stereotypes, but Nashville hasn't drafted a Russian since Radulov. And every Russian brought in through trade has not gone well. I think Poile legitimately scared now, unless they are already proven NHLers with more of a humble attitude. Again, just an observation, not saying I agree with it.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 03:48 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

You'd have to give up a lot more for Weber

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote