HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Stillman

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2005, 06:23 PM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Cory Stillman

Has he signed with anyone this past offseason? I know Tampa Bay didn't offer arbitration or sign him to a qualifying offer, so he's an unrestricted free agent. I think he'd be a very good fit for the Orange and Black. His defensive game is underrated and he plays a great offensive game. He'd pick up some of the slack that was left by not signing Recchi and if Zhamnov goes elsewhere.

Old
03-30-2005, 08:27 PM
15theheatison*

no, he hasn't been signed. tampa had no use for him after re-acquiring vaclav prospal from the ducks

Old
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

I don't know that we would have room for him, unless he can play defense

Old
03-31-2005, 09:51 AM
VaFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
Totally agree here. With a low cap number and the season being cancelled, the Flyers currently have the luxury of bringing in Richards and Carter to the NHL at the same time, if they so choose. They also already have Roenick, Primeau, Sharp and Handzus who can already play center.

Old
03-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
Totally agree here. With a low cap number and the season being cancelled, the Flyers currently have the luxury of bringing in Richards and Carter to the NHL at the same time, if they so choose. They also already have Roenick, Primeau, Sharp and Handzus who can already play center.
The Flyers are thin at RW, bringing in Stillman (or any other center) could bump Roenick over to RW. I'd like to see Zhamnov brought back, but that failing Stillman would be a nice addition.

Old
03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Isn't Stillman a LW/RW?

Old
03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Stillman can actually play all 3 foward positions. He was a center when he played in Calgary.

Old
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
Hey, if we can make room for players like Somik, Brashear, Fedoruk and Stevenson, then we should have no problem making room for someone like Stillman. At least he can play the game, unlike those four I've mentioned.

Old
03-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Stillman can actually play all 3 foward positions. He was a center when he played in Calgary.
All the more reason to sign him. Either put him or Roenick at RW. If Amonte is bought out, the Flyers RWs are: Radio, Knuble, Stevenson, and Kapenen/Somik. Color me unimpressed, although that's not as bad as I first thought it was. Still, I don't see a reason not to add Stillman (assuming Zhamnov isn't re-signed), other than potential salary demands.

Old
03-31-2005, 02:40 PM
VaFlyer

I think Roenick and Sharp will both be RW's when the NHL starts playing again. Add to that Radio and Stevenson, and we are pretty well set at RW. This does not even included Kapanen, Knuble, or Somik. With Gagne, Knuble, Kapanen, and Brashear at RW, I think we are pretty well set. Somik and Fedoruk are then extras.

Old
03-31-2005, 09:27 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Yeah, I thought the Flyers were thin at RW as well. Because I thought that LeClair, Amonte, Gagne, Kapanen, Knuble and Brashear are all LW's. The only RWs I could think of are Radovoijevic and Stevenson. Maybe Roenick if Zhamnov is re-signed.

Old
04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

For what it's worth, here are the lines I use in my hockey game for the PS2, given that Zhamnov is not resigned, and Leclair and Amonte are bought out

Gagne-Carter-Roenick
Richards-Primeau-Radovoijevic
Knuble-Handzus-Kapanen
Brashear-Sharp-Stevenson

I don't see where he could fit in

Old
04-01-2005, 07:44 PM
VaFlyer

I think you have the right 12 forwards, but the question will be how the lines really work out.

Old
04-03-2005, 01:55 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I wouldn't mind him on our team, but like the rest of you, not sure where he would fit.

Old
04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
FlyersFan10*

no room for Stillman? C'mon, I could think of at least four players who could be bumped from the line up to accomodate a player of Stillman's worth.

I'm sorry, but I'd have Stillman start over Kapanen, Brashear, Radivojevic, Stevenson, and Knuble. Stillman would be a top six forward on this team. If we can't find room on the team for him, then there's something really wrong.

Old
04-03-2005, 10:16 PM
mikedifr

Agree that Stillman would be a good, and affordable fit on this team. He had his best year as a RW in Tampa and is somewhat of a less physical Recchi (i.e. very good playmaker from the RW position and will pop in some goals (25G 55A) I would set up my lines this way assuming LeClair and Amonte are gone and Richards and Carter make the team Not sure of Roenick's status

Gagne Carter Stillman
Knuble Handzus Roenick/Rado
Kapanen Primeau Rado/Sharp
Brash/Stevenson Richards Sharp/Somik

Umberger and Eager would be the first called up if an injury occurs and will move into the lineup the following year in place of Roenick/Kapanen/Brashear. Stillman would also be able to move around if some of the younger guys dont step up. I think placing Carter between Gagne and Stillman would ease his transition to the NHL, and Stillman's passing skills will help Gagne Also, Richards definitely has the potential to be much more than a 4th line center, but I think to ease him into the NHL, he seems to have the grit, faceoff and defensive skills to be the perfect 4th line center in his rookie year

Old
04-03-2005, 11:26 PM
mercury

Knuble has to be higher on the depth chart than Stillman would be.

Old
04-04-2005, 10:10 AM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
Admittedly, I am not a huge Flyers fan, and I don't really know how your prospects will fit into the lineup when play resumes, but after being a Lightning season ticket holder last year, Stillman is definitely not a first line forward at any position. He can play all three postions and did last season, he will be a consistent 50 pt guy, and does play solid D, he has good leadership skills and would be a nice 2nd/3rd line forward to help guide your young guys, but only if the price is right.

Old
04-04-2005, 12:59 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
The Flyers are thin at RW, bringing in Stillman (or any other center) could bump Roenick over to RW. I'd like to see Zhamnov brought back, but that failing Stillman would be a nice addition.
Wouldn't the natural thing to do to move Kapanen to his best position on RW?

Old
04-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
Wouldn't the natural thing to do to move Kapanen to his best position on RW?
He's already at RW. Roenick/Stillman, Kapanen, Knuble, and Radio. Somik is useless and I'm not keeping a seat warm for Stevenson. It's not what's going to happen, but it's what I'd do.

Old
04-04-2005, 01:27 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
He's already at RW. Roenick/Stillman, Kapanen, Knuble, and Radio. Somik is useless and I'm not keeping a seat warm for Stevenson. It's not what's going to happen, but it's what I'd do.
Stevenson can play centre too, Somik has great energy, maybe he would work better on the left side?
Knuble also looks alot better on the left.

Old
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
Stevenson can play centre too, Somik has great energy, maybe he would work better on the left side?
Knuble also looks alot better on the left.
I wouldn't want Stevenson at center every night. Personally I don't really want him on the team, but he's there. I don't care for Somik's energy, he's a useless player, he doesn't do anything worth keeping a spot on the roster IMO. Knuble is listed as a RW according to the Flyers site.

Closed Thread