HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: What...was that? Pens vs. Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
If THAT is the Beau Bennett we're getting...no worries. Incredible game by the kid...he meshed well on that line. I thought he was going to get an easy one there in the end but Coburn got his stick back. He handles the rough and tumble with ease...doesn't get knocked off the puck, ridiculous 2 way ability. I'm loving the kid.
So is Geno, methinks.

Seriously, I just posted this: You're asking an awful lot of the kid. Shortened season, but the Beau-ner got beaten pretty hard tonight. Tough to ask him to do that every night. Unfortunately, the Pens have no choice, because he's the only guy who's given Malkin real support in a game this year. As I said, the legend grows. Let's hope sixteen inches-- I mean post season games-- isn't out of the question.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Hobodrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
And if that's the Bennet we're getting?...

That's when Iginla is someone I want on this team (depending on the price of course) I wasn't keen on the idea because I thought we'd need two guys, but Iggy's the type who would quell a lot of the first period nonsense, simply by being in the locker room.
I agree 100% I don't want Shero to sell the farm to acquire him but I think his leadership is needed. I get the feeling that Sid is not vocal enough.

Old
JxStaalx11
#BeauKnows!

+4 unanswered goals
+#BeauKnows. dont have to mention it. I think everyone knows why (top 6)
+TK scores a goal? yep he scored
+Crosby and company. Kunitz 3rd in scoring now? can we finally end the "we need an elite winger for crosby" talk now.

-Neal: Get your head outta your ass!
-Fleury: Do i need to say anything that you guys mentioned on here? (i bet he will have a really good bounce back game, usually does after crappy one).

-Myself: for not getting to see Giroux crying after the game. Damn nhl gamecenter cant watch interviews after ever.

Btw guys im new on here. came from the EA forums. long time pens fan. ever since i can remember. Lets go Pens!

Old
Hophog

+ Reading through the Flyers GDT afterwards.
+ Deflating the Flyers as they head into the weekend for a game against a tough Bruins team. I'll watch just to see Rinaldo get destroyed

- The obvious first period and typical stupid penalties
+ We actually shut up and skated away from them in the second and they stopped getting power plays. It's genius!

Old
03-07-2013, 09:22 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Neal needs to play a tougher game than he has lately. He can do it. But he needs to help carry the physical workload along the boards I think.
As I said earlier, when you have a shift where Geno and Beau-ner take a half dozen or so hits to make plays and then Neal jumps out of the way of an impending Luke Schenn hit (with Geno and BB low in the offensive zone) to give up a 3 on 2 against, there are no words to describe HOW disgusted I was. It transcended my disgust with Bylsma or Kennedy, because I don't expect better. From Neal, I do.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:22 PM
PensFan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
+ TK coming up with a big goal and making 2 great defensive plays on one shift

-- Our faceoffs were terrible and lead to many chances against us.
Yeah, I was shocked at our faceoffs. I don't know the exact numbers, but we were probably around 50%. We're used to Sid winning most the big ones, but he did have a tough match tonight in Giroux. I'm chalking it up to Giroux being good, not us being bad.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hophog View Post
+ Reading through the Flyers GDT afterwards.
place is a ghost town right now.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
JTG

Quote:
And if that's the Bennet we're getting?...

That's when Iginla is someone I want on this team (depending on the price of course) I wasn't keen on the idea because I thought we'd need two guys, but Iggy's the type who would quell a lot of the first period nonsense, simply by being in the locker room.
If the price is right, getting 2 guys wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
As I said earlier, when you have a shift where Geno and Beau-ner take a half dozen or so hits to make plays and then Neal jumps out of the way of an impending Luke Schenn hit (with Geno and BB low in the offensive zone) to give up a 3 on 2 against, there are no words to describe HOW disgusted I was. It transcended my disgust with Bylsma or Kennedy, because I don't expect better. From Neal, I do.
agreed. At even strength, I want him to play like he did with Sutter as his center. Be Chris Kunitz out there. He'll still get plenty of scoring chances.

Old
PensFan68

Quote:
What was up with that? While I think the criticism of Neal has been over the top, I do agree this was idiotic. It's not even like he was in an awkward position where he thought he'd get hurt. He just looked scared.

Old
JimmyTwoTimes

Still pissed of with Neal. No reason for any of that. Stop trying so hard.

Serious question, does anyone know if he wears affliction? It would then make sense

Old
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM
MtlPenFan

To the Mods, I am in no way posting these to revel in their misery, but these are posts regarding Laviolette from Philly fans, and just using the comparisons to what we, (and I literally include myself in this) ***** about Bylsma. I in no way think DB is infallible.

"Briers finished w/ more I've time then B Schenn, Simmonds, Read and Gagne. I can understand read as he was just coming back but that's just not acceptable. Lavy does not reward players w/ ice time I've said this after every game"

"I don't remember a single game of hockey making me this angry for a long time.
Actually, the season ender against Jersey. Another night where our esteemed coach was embarrassed."

"Couturier with only 10 minutes of ice time tonight. Only more than Feds and Rinaldo."

"i want to see this team play another style, im sick of our stupid ****ing system. You take great players and give them dumb ****ing plays and it'll make anyone look like *******s
fire lavy and bring in someone else"

"what bothers me is that everyone in the organization seems to be drinking the lavy jam ade."

Old
03-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Warm Cookies
Re-sign Kunitz

Quote:
James Neal needs to get his head out of his ***, pronto. There was one shift in the third, I watched Malkin get mauled by two guys to make a play, then I watched Bennett get destroyed along the boards to make a play, and then, as the puck flows around to Neal, he sees Luke Schenn coming at him. He steps out of the way and, in the process, kills the play. I don't care if he had a goal. I don't care if the Flyers started trolling him. There's a right way to play and a wrong way to play, and Neal is doing it the latter way.
I don't think Neal has deserved anywhere near the criticism he's received here lately, but I agree with you here. I hated that play - it was a ***** move. Take the hit and make the play.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:26 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
If the price is right, getting 2 guys wouldn't be a terrible thing.
I still agree with that (get the two guys, if only to be safe), but WTF do you do then with Beau-ner. Third line would be Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis. Fourth line? Over Glass or Adams? In what Bylsmaworld does that happen?

I will say this: Seeing Dangles win some board battles and how that helped translate into more offensive zone time for Malkin than any game this season makes me want a guy like Kulemin or Malone even more.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
I don't think Neal has deserved anywhere near the criticism he's received here lately, but I agree with you here. I hated that play - it was a ***** move. Take the hit and make the play.
Scary thing is he did it with Malkin and Bennett down low. It led to a 3 on 2 against. That was the play where Beau-ner somehow got back and grew his stick an extra six inches to deflect Fartsmell's shot.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Kovifan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradshaw06 View Post
if giroux was really crying i never want to hear about crysby again.
I watched it since I get the philly feed. Can't say for sure he was in tears but he was in no mood for the media. He sounded beyond dejected. I would expect those for any player after a loss though so....

Old
Prattio

Good god someone post the video of giroux crying

Old
Warm Cookies
Re-sign Kunitz

Quote:
Scary thing is he did it with Malkin and Bennett down low. It led to a 3 on 2 against. That was the play where Beau-ner somehow got back and grew his stick an extra six inches to deflect Fartsmell's shot.
Yep, could've ended badly. He needs to eliminate that side-step from his repertoire real quick.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
66-30-33

Quote:
To the Mods, I am in no way posting these to revel in their misery, but these are posts regarding Laviolette from Philly fans, and just using the comparisons to what we, (and I literally include myself in this) ***** about Bylsma. I in no way think DB is infallible.

"Briers finished w/ more I've time then B Schenn, Simmonds, Read and Gagne. I can understand read as he was just coming back but that's just not acceptable. Lavy does not reward players w/ ice time I've said this after every game"

"I don't remember a single game of hockey making me this angry for a long time.
Actually, the season ender against Jersey. Another night where our esteemed coach was embarrassed."

"Couturier with only 10 minutes of ice time tonight. Only more than Feds and Rinaldo."

"i want to see this team play another style, im sick of our stupid ****ing system. You take great players and give them dumb ****ing plays and it'll make anyone look like *******s
fire lavy and bring in someone else"

"what bothers me is that everyone in the organization seems to be drinking the lavy jam ade."
I'd take Lav on our team. Every coach has their time with a team, no coach lasts forever. I think Lav would do well here, for a little while atleast. He is pretty good at matching lines and is a good X and O coach. DB for Lav? i'd laugh if Bylsma became the new Flyers coach.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
SteelFish87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prattio View Post
Good god someone post the video of giroux crying
i have game on DVR, have not watched yet

when was he crying? lol

Old
03-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
place is a ghost town right now.
I just loved reading their comments after the first. Things like Fluery sucks, bring on Vokoun and we'll feast. I hate Neal, I'd never want him on my team. Rinaldo needs to fight someone.

The Pens did a great job of not letting Rinaldo be a physical factor at all. He was invisible with the exception of the goal, which we all know isn't the skill he brings to the table. Neal scored a goal which made them all crazy. It was almost worth giving them the 3 goal lead just to get their hopes up and then dash their hopes at the end of the day.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Pens1566

vCash: 555
Fleury wasn't nearly as bad as everyone is making him out to be. 3 tip/redirects and a blown coverage in front.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
66-30-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hophog View Post
I just loved reading their comments after the first. Things like Fluery sucks, bring on Vokoun and we'll feast. I hate Neal, I'd never want him on my team. Rinaldo needs to fight someone.

The Pens did a great job of not letting Rinaldo be a physical factor at all. He was invisible with the exception of the goal, which we all know isn't the skill he brings to the table. Neal scored a goal which made them all crazy. It was almost worth giving them the 3 goal lead just to get their hopes up and then dash their hopes at the end of the day.
Every fanbase would say those things, but it's funny when it happens to Flyers/Rangers.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

I think the best thing to come out of this game is that Malkin looks like he is starting to trust BB.

That is a much bigger deal than it may seem.

Old
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Yep, could've ended badly. He needs to eliminate that side-step from his repertoire real quick.
I just don't think his compete level has been there at all this season. I mean, look at Bennett. I'm not kidding. Kid won some battles, showed patience, high IQ, and creativity with and without the puck, took hits to make plays . . . is it really such a coincidence that tonight's was a game where Malkin's line spent more time in the offensive zone than any other game this season? How sad is that? Neal is built like a PF. All those guys who play on the LW. And, finally, the kid who comes along and gives Malkin a little help is a guy who only looks big when stacked up next to Jeff Skinner. For me, there's no higher compliment that I can pay Bennett in terms of what I saw tonight . . . and no words that accurately capture my frustration with Neal. Jiggy talked about this after last game. Neal doesn't move his feet or compete. He hasn't been pretty much all year.

Closed Thread