HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Go draft position!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
  #51
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster
 
Connor McDavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 12,463
vCash: 50
Enroth isn't the worst goaltender in the league? Astounding

Connor McDavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
  #52
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,183
vCash: 50
For some reason EDM being in the running for 1st again really irritates me, goes to show you how unpredictable a full out rebuild can be. Something I have no intention of going through here.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
  #53
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth
 
MacOfNiagara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: United States
Posts: 2,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royisgone View Post
It is officially time to tank. No more points please.

We should end the night in 14th in the East...
27th in league, and the other three all have games in hand on us.

28th has 3 games in hand and is only 1 pt back
29th has 1 game in hand and is 1 pt back
30th has 1 game in hand and is 2 pts back

Don't like losing, but if your going to be bad this is the year to do it.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:40 PM
  #54
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
In other news, just heard realignment happening next year on NHL Network.

It's us, Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Detroit, Tampa and Florida.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM
  #55
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
For some reason EDM being in the running for 1st again really irritates me, goes to show you how unpredictable a full out rebuild can be. Something I have no intention of going through here.
They got pretty un-lucky that the caliber of #1 picks they've gotten have been below average.

Crosby
Ovechkin
Kovalchuk
Malkin
Stamkos
Tavares

all went #1 (or #2 with Malkin) in the last decade or so. None of the 3 Edmonton kids were really ever considered to be on the same level as those guys. Droun/MacKinnon/Jones are all better prospects than RNH (one of the worst #1 overalls in a long time IMO), Hall, and Yakupov.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
  #56
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,183
vCash: 50
it's frusterating seeing the same teams scoup up high picks year after year and do nothing with it because they either rush the young guys and/or surround them with little to no talent, a guy like MacKinnon/Drouin/Barkov should be able to thrive coming into a team like Buffalo who at least has some prime age scorers and guys who are starting to become legit top 6 fowards, a guy like Drouin would be redundant in EDM. I am really hoping that us or CBJ can get the 1st pick this year, at least one of us could really use it, don't need to see FLA get their routine lottery pick again, or Colorado, Islanders ect..

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
  #57
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
They got pretty un-lucky that the caliber of #1 picks they've gotten have been below average.

Crosby
Ovechkin
Kovalchuk
Malkin
Stamkos
Tavares

all went #1 (or #2 with Malkin) in the last decade or so. None of the 3 Edmonton kids were really ever considered to be on the same level as those guys. Droun/MacKinnon/Jones are all better prospects than RNH (one of the worst #1 overalls in a long time IMO), Hall, and Yakupov.
I think that Drouin/MacKinnon are alot closer to RNH, Yakupov, Hall level then they are Stamkos, Malkin, Tavares ect..

I still think that all those guys will be PPG star players aswell but not franchise defining superstars.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
  #58
Zman5778
Registered User
 
Zman5778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cressona/Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,759
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I think that Drouin/MacKinnon are alot closer to RNH, Yakupov, Hall level then they are Stamkos, Malkin, Tavares ect..
I think Drouin might be closer to a RNH/Yak level.....

But MacKinnon, to me, certainly has that Stamkos/Tavares vibe to him....

Zman5778 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
  #59
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I think that Drouin/MacKinnon are alot closer to RNH, Yakupov, Hall level then they are Stamkos, Malkin, Tavares ect..

I still think that all those guys will be PPG star players aswell but not franchise defining superstars.
The first 3 you described are all a lot younger than the other 3 thats a pretty bad comparison. When Stammer and Tavares were rookies you would have put them in same class as RNH Yak and Hall

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:13 PM
  #60
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbe42 View Post
I like it

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  #61
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
The first 3 you described are all a lot younger than the other 3 thats a pretty bad comparison. When Stammer and Tavares were rookies you would have put them in same class as RNH Yak and Hall
Yakupov and RNH were no where near as celebrated coming out of junior as guys like Stamkos, Tavares, Malkin ect and were never considered on the same level as those guys, Hall was up there in hype but has always had injury concerns and will likely never reach the level as those guys. My comparison was about what they were coming out of juniors not what they have been in the NHL, No it's not a bad comparison sorry..

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
  #62
slip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,581
vCash: 500
Watching Flynn buzz around tonight made me fully understand what Ruff meant by "too much of the same thing" when McCormick was waived. I miss speed.

It's also kinda funny watching marginal (but spunky) AHLers push your "veteran role players" out of the lineup. Good work, Darcy.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:05 PM
  #63
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,854
vCash: 500
I truly think drouin will become an elite player and will hit 100 points in his career. Really want him

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:37 PM
  #64
LGB24
Registered User
 
LGB24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Yakupov and RNH were no where near as celebrated coming out of junior as guys like Stamkos, Tavares, Malkin ect and were never considered on the same level as those guys, Hall was up there in hype but has always had injury concerns and will likely never reach the level as those guys. My comparison was about what they were coming out of juniors not what they have been in the NHL, No it's not a bad comparison sorry..
oh come on, during RNH's rookie season TSN was comparing his vision to gretzky's. You're really basing your argument on hype?

Edit: or is that what you have been saying? That Jones/Drouin?Mackinnon are around the same level oilers trio hype wise rather than Stamkos et al? The way you worded it sounded like you meant overall talent level, which if so, like i said is impossible to compare right now

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:15 AM
  #65
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Ugly: The fact that Brennan was even on the ice with 1-2 minutes left in the game up 1. I don't care that Sekera was injured, the other 4 guys should have been the only ones on the ice. Pardy had to be laughing in the press box. Rolston seems to trust Brennan defensively which, in my opinion, is a massive error in judgment that I can't understand. If that was Lindy, everyone would be flipping **** that Brennan was on the ice.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 02:37 AM
  #66
wunderpanda
sabre of damocles
 
wunderpanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,199
vCash: 500
good- enroth had a nice showing until he cramped up

bad- we lost

ugly- elias making miller look foolish in the shootout

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:11 AM
  #67
Squantosawuss
Registered User
 
Squantosawuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B-lo
Country: Angola
Posts: 1,454
vCash: 500
U:
Hearing Enroth explain that he shouldn't have so much coffee on game day, and should have a lot more Gatorade and water to be properly hydrated. He said he needs to take better care of his body before a game.

Uhhhh....


Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:46 AM
  #68
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful
 
RazielMoshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
Apparently Enroth's injury was due to a 'lack of care taken by himself'. Ah well, either way I hope he gets another start, preferably Sunday. Give Miller the weekend off.

I'm not sold on losing on purpose, but I think we'll end up in the basement this year anyway. That doesn't bother me to much though.

1st overall will go to the Oilers anyway.

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 04:51 AM
  #69
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful
 
RazielMoshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
U:
Hearing Enroth explain that he shouldn't have so much coffee on game day, and should have a lot more Gatorade and water to be properly hydrated. He said he needs to take better care of his body before a game.

Uhhhh....

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't expect to play this season. Lol

RazielMoshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:04 AM
  #70
Luceni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 3,668
vCash: 500
That cramp thing of enroth is kinda mysterious.....

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:13 AM
  #71
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!
 
cardiffgiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
In other news, just heard realignment happening next year on NHL Network.

It's us, Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Detroit, Tampa and Florida.
It certainly makes a lot of sense that Tampa and Florida would fly over the entire Atlantic division to play teams within their own division.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:00 AM
  #72
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Watching Flynn buzz around tonight made me fully understand what Ruff meant by "too much of the same thing" when McCormick was waived. I miss speed.
I am big time on the Flynn bandwagon. I'm not saying he's a 1st line scorer who will rack up points year after year. But I think Flynn can make this team next year and contribute. He's all over the ice. He's fast, has a decent shot, loves getting the puck on the net and creates opportunities.

Chasing that puck in the 1st when Hedberg interfered with him was a brilliant hockey play. And the best part is, he played exactly the same way in Rochester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
It certainly makes a lot of sense that Tampa and Florida would fly over the entire Atlantic division to play teams within their own division.
I believe Tampa/Florida voted no last year because they want the "snowbirds" to fly down to watch their teams play in their home rinks. Nothing like home ice advantage...

I agree. Makes next to no sense.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:01 AM
  #73
VaporTrail
Used Tank Salesman
 
VaporTrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Not a fan at all of having the florida teams in our division....lame.

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:57 AM
  #74
SatanwasaSlovak
Registered User
 
SatanwasaSlovak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Malmö, Skåne
Country: Denmark
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
Ugly: The Tanking bandwagon. Go for the win or dont compete at all. Really ugly to see some fans want the team to lose just because they can get their "saviour". It's loser mentality and i don't want the team to end up in the position that Edmonton or Columbus is in with alway high draftpicks but no results. Let's do like Detroit instead, find a Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the late rounds

If we get a high draftpick (which i think we actually get because we are an unbalanced team) i think we should choose Barkov, that guy will be really good, the best finnish guy in a few years i think (depends when Selanne retires).

SatanwasaSlovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:18 AM
  #75
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 36,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanwasaSlovak View Post
Ugly: The Tanking bandwagon. Go for the win or dont compete at all. Really ugly to see some fans want the team to lose just because they can get their "saviour". It's loser mentality and i don't want the team to end up in the position that Edmonton or Columbus is in with alway high draftpicks but no results. Let's do like Detroit instead, find a Zetterberg or Datsyuk in the late rounds

If we get a high draftpick (which i think we actually get because we are an unbalanced team) i think we should choose Barkov, that guy will be really good, the best finnish guy in a few years i think (depends when Selanne retires).
so ignore all the teams that have had success drafting high (chi, pit, LA, etc)
and instead point to the even rarer team that has had good success with a few late rounders.

makes sense

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.