HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Lose 3-0. Watching Paint dry

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
bigguy13

vCash: 500
You know whats funny!!

Is watching our players attempts on cycleing down low in the corners, you will see all three of them in one corner passing to each other and not one of them goes to the net. When the opposing team defensemans laugh at the silliness and the piss poor cycling, waiting for A. someone to fall down or B. get pushed and fall down and finally C. sneers at them and they cough up the puck and the the other team gets control and scores. Each team knows how to play against us, they wait for the puck too cough up or they manhandle our smurfs in the corners. Does RK have any other game plan other than that? What is RK game plan against like DT tonite? play hard go to the net check the bejesus out of them? Play hard agains Datsuk and Zetterberg?

Old
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
cyril*
Losers cheer for..

"Rob Tychkowski ‏@SUN_TYCHKOWSKI

If Katz held the people who run his team as accountable as he holds his fans (taxpayers), Oilers might be in a better place"

Old
03-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Mctopchowda

I didnt watch much of the game because it was so boring.

Heres my thought: Play Yakupov 25+ a night. This guy gives it 200% everytime he smells the puck. Yeh I know he bobbles it and makes bad plays more often than not. But **** atleast he is trying. He hits, he goes hard on the puck, he does something.

So disheartening watching Smyth the aging dinossaur struggle shift after shift knowing that on the bench Yakupov is inching at the bit to get on the ice. This kid dives around to make plays and break up passes. Get him out there to rejuvinate the line up. The more he sits on the bench the more he become complacent. He has the heart of a winner.

Tell Hall to shoot 6 times a game at a min. Play a line of MPS Hall Yakupov and let the other passengers figure out where they want to play (Gagner is playing good tho)

As for tanking and picking 1st overall. **** it, Id rather sacrifice the first overall pick (not get it even if he had it) to make the playoffs and field a semi competitive team. Everyone (including me) beaked the leafs pre season about Burke and what not. Well he seems to have build a pretty ok team that it competitive.He messed up the Kessel deal but made 3-4 that were just as good. Even Kessel is playing better than any of our 1st overalls. Tambo has to make a move or go. Bring ****in Burke in or someone who can make something happen. I dont know what it is, but im a random fan, 25 other GM's have it figured out

Last edited by Mctopchowda: 03-07-2013 at 10:17 PM.
Old
03-07-2013, 10:09 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Gagner 32% FO
RNH 27% FO

Just frickin lovely.
I call that the ZetterDats effect. Happens to most teams. Just not as badly.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
"We tried to get the 1-1 goal instead of continuing to play the good defense we were playing." - Krueger on what went wrong tonight

Hold the ****ing phone we were playing good defense?
Wow do I ever hate this quote. I thought he might be a capable enough coach to be able to do different things than the Swiss national team. But it looks like he's a one trick pony. Stifling defense and counter attack is what he likes and the only thing he will accept. I think it's clear that the team is already starting to tune him out. They obviously wanted to go for the goal while Ralph was content to grind it out and hope for a lucky bounce at the end.

Not even getting into the sheer obliviousness of the statement. That was good defense?

Old
#ualberta

Hilarious

Old
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Rod Phillips has a Twitter account now and I can tell that he was just seething in his last tweet. Oh well... at least he doesn't have to call this "hockey" anymore.
What's his username? I'd love to see this.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:11 PM
T-Funk

Old
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Rod Phillips ‏@oilvoice37

He just joined today. Tencer verified that it was him.

He deleted a few tweets tonight too. He was told that he wasn't allowed to swear on Twitter so he's going to have some trouble.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Vagabond

vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Gagner 32% FO
RNH 27% FO

Just frickin lovely.
Try Hall at center for snip* sakes!!

I hate this system and entire organization right now. They talk about trying Hall at center yet they don't. The team sucks on the dot. yet they don't. Stupid coach and and even worse management!

Old
03-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Bum
Ontario Oiler fan

I can't get over that Krueger quote. I'm not even saying this out of anger, that is one of the stupidest things i've ever heard a coach say.

Old
#ualberta

Quote:
@oilvoice37
Though the tweet he is referring to has since been deleted

Old
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
The Leafs didn't do that. Seems to be working for them.
Believe it or not, for whatever anyone thinks of Burke, aside from the Kessel trade, he did well for the Leafs. Just couldn`t stay quiet. Wilson was what killed us for 2 years, although we likely weren't good enough to make the playoffs anyway. He was an extreme downer, especially for the younger players. Carlyle is a far better technical coach, and easier to play for. It`s no secret Kadri is having a breakout year with Wilson gone. Anyways, without knowing the system Kruger is coaching, I can only say that Ruff is a good coach with a good system, but he can get old after a while. Sometimes it is just the coach

Old
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
The key to beating the Oilers is very simple and EVERY team except them in the West does it:

Collapse all 5 players to the net.
Sadly this is the state of today's game. Wear so much equipment that collapsing low trivializes the game to one of bounces. Between the goalies massive padding and the players re-inforced titanium armor padding the amount of room is negligable.

On top of that hook, hold, push anything that moves in the collapse zone.. penalties don't count there either. You are expected to be interfered with for going to the net... really not something we have to worry about because well.. we're never going there.

Oiler's need to learn this. Draft players of wide girth and play the percentages. God it's so awful to watch... so awful .. I admit I didn't. We're so bloody boring to watch I can't stomach it.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
DregerFan

didn't you tempban me from the forums when i was pontificating about this exact situation a year ago? taylor hall needs to go. he has no IQ whatsoever. w/e. you'll probably ban me for saying this or say that "its more than one player".

i hope you're not surprised by my belief that a locker room can change when someone like taylor hall is gone. or should i say taylor "too pretty to pass" hall ?

i think magnus should be kept for sure. he's played well especially with gappy (eberle) and gagz (when i was watching thats what i saw. i could be wrong and it might have been gags magnus and someone else, whatever you get it).

i think trading taylor hall for a strong scoring winger would be good. too bad that they're on short supply. this team needs offensive top 6 grit. andrew ladd would be nice too *blush*

Old
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
"Rob Tychkowski ‏@SUN_TYCHKOWSKI

If Katz held the people who run his team as accountable as he holds his fans (taxpayers), Oilers might be in a better place"
That's exactly right!

Old
03-07-2013, 10:16 PM
T-Funk

saying that Hall is the problem

Old
03-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
We won't have to worry about him in a year or two anyway when he demands a trade.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:19 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DregerFan View Post
didn't you tempban me from the forums when i was pontificating about this exact situation a year ago? taylor hall needs to go. he has no IQ whatsoever. w/e. you'll probably ban me for saying this or say that "its more than one player".

i hope you're not surprised by my belief that a locker room can change when someone like taylor hall is gone. or should i say taylor "too pretty to pass" hall ?

i think magnus should be kept for sure. he's played well especially with gappy (eberle) and gagz (when i was watching thats what i saw. i could be wrong and it might have been gags magnus and someone else, whatever you get it).

i think trading taylor hall for a strong scoring winger would be good. too bad that they're on short supply. this team needs offensive top 6 grit. andrew ladd would be nice too *blush*
For those of you who're wondering. This poster isn't me.

A bit ridiculous when Hall has been far from the problem this year. He's not taking stupid shots, he's making decent plays with the puck, and not looking as glaringly bad defensively as he did last year into early parts of this year.

If you're going to trade anyone for a strong scoring winger, look over at his buddy Eberle.

Him, along with Gagner and Hemsky should be made prime trade bait heading into the off-season.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:20 PM
McOilers4cup
Finally

vCash: 163
@nielson1260: This is funny “@mikekostuik: @nielson1260 The Oilers new marketing slogan is so good other teams are using it too http://t.co/GNyzI3eRsw”

Old
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
cyril*
Losers cheer for..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DregerFan View Post

LOL, Hall is one of the few players who gives a **** on the ice and works his ass off every game.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Not saying that's directed towards me. Just saying.

This team has too many holes and one of them is not seeing what Hall can do at Center. Nuge is too wimpy at the moment. Gagner cant win enough. Belanger has hands of stone. Gummby is just way too slow. Horc is too injured. VV is just too craptastic. Lander is injured. Hall has speed, intellect, power and knows the position. He's shown that he can win in the dot.

Players with pashion

Hall
Brown
MPS
Fister
Eager.. once in a while
This team sucks right now.

Old
03-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Mctopchowda

Eberle is a ghost out there. AHL leading scorer turned phantom

Old
03-07-2013, 10:22 PM
psycho
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho View Post
Isn't there an email address or something we can send frustrations to? This is not really acceptable. I too favour Lindy Ruff as coach. I also think Tambo has got to be fired. The time to sit back and wait is over. We need someone that actually does something. Would Burke fit, despite the irony?
anyone?

Old
03-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
For those of you who're wondering. This poster isn't me.

A bit ridiculous when Hall has been far from the problem this year. He's not taking stupid shots, he's making decent plays with the puck, and not looking as glaringly bad defensively as he did last year into early parts of this year.

If you're going to trade anyone for a strong scoring winger, look over at his buddy Eberle.

Him, along with Gagner and Hemsky should be made prime trade bait heading into the off-season.
I can't imagine how bad this club would be without Gagner, Eberle, Hemsky. As it is as soon as Hemsky was injured our offence evaporated tonight. Of those left on the ice Gagner and Eberle were among the more actively involved.

FTR this is 3/3 of the top goal scorers on this club. That just got shutout, again.

Sounds like a great plan.

Closed Thread