HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Concerns Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2013, 07:59 PM
  #1
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Concerns Thread

-With an aging defense, I don't think they are fast enough to play against speedy teams and not tough enough to play against bigger teams.

-Markov is super slow this year and we can see he's not the same guy before the surgeries.
-Gorges' acceleration takes forever to get to top speed. Just skating is below average.
-Boullion is what? 39? We only wish he was 29.
-Kaberle I think he's a bit faster than Markov but still below NHL average in skating.
-Weber I don't think he has what it takes to stay in the league, 2 costly turnovers.


-Emelin is as tough as it gets and we should keep him
-Subban is our only real #1 defenseman. This guy is a beast, can play all three zones.
-Diaz, I think we are missing him more than we know. He's smart with the puck and moves the puck fast.


I think Marc Bergervin should focus on 3 issues this trading deadline.
1. Try to acquire a big puck moving defenseman, someone like Jack Johnson.
2. Upgrade the 4th line. Moen-Armstrong-White isn't working out, they are below average in speed and bigger faster teams take advantage. We need to add someone like Dominic Moore.
3. We need a big guy who can protect our smaller forwards, a player who can skate and also defensive. Someone like a Shawn Thornton.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
  #2
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
-With an aging defense, I don't think they are fast enough to play against speedy teams and not tough enough to play against bigger teams.

-Markov is super slow this year and we can see he's not the same guy before the surgeries.
-Gorges' acceleration takes forever to get to top speed. Just skating is below average.
-Boullion is what? 39? We only wish he was 29.
-Kaberle I think he's a bit faster than Markov but still below NHL average in skating.
-Weber I don't think he has what it takes to stay in the league, 2 costly turnovers.


-Emelin is as tough as it gets and we should keep him
-Subban is our only real #1 defenseman. This guy is a beast, can play all three zones.
-Diaz, I think we are missing him more than we know. He's smart with the puck and moves the puck fast.


I think Marc Bergervin should focus on 3 issues this trading deadline.
1. Try to acquire a big puck moving defenseman, someone like Jack Johnson.
2. Upgrade the 4th line. Moen-Armstrong-White isn't working out, they are below average in speed and bigger faster teams take advantage. We need to add someone like Dominic Moore.
3. We need a big guy who can protect our smaller forwards, a player who can skate and also defensive. Someone like a Shawn Thornton.
I totally agree with your suggestion.
But NO JACK JOHNSON, plz.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:09 PM
  #3
Lemons
Registered User
 
Lemons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Gionta is so bad

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:10 PM
  #4
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,272
vCash: 500
aging defense?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
  #5
BakerNator
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Tinordi and Beaulieu might be ready next season.

BakerNator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:16 PM
  #6
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerNator View Post
Tinordi and Beaulieu might be ready next season.
I doubt that both will be ready.

And big no to Jack Johnson.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:26 PM
  #7
BakerNator
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I doubt that both will be ready.

And big no to Jack Johnson.
in NHL13 Beaulieu is ready, Tinordi is not

BakerNator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
  #8
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
How much do we miss Diaz? I really underestimated his game.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:45 PM
  #9
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Bravo Michel Therrien for noticing the speed difference and benching slower players like Ryder, Armstrong and White. Also benching AHLer Weber.

rockjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:53 PM
  #10
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,619
vCash: 500
I don't want any part of Jack Johnson.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:54 PM
  #11
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Bravo Michel Therrien for noticing the speed difference and benching slower players like Ryder, Armstrong and White. Also benching AHLer Weber.
Are you idiot, or did you just haven't watched the game?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:57 PM
  #12
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
-With an aging defense, I don't think they are fast enough to play against speedy teams and not tough enough to play against bigger teams.

-Markov is super slow this year and we can see he's not the same guy before the surgeries.
-Gorges' acceleration takes forever to get to top speed. Just skating is below average.
-Boullion is what? 39? We only wish he was 29.
-Kaberle I think he's a bit faster than Markov but still below NHL average in skating.
-Weber I don't think he has what it takes to stay in the league, 2 costly turnovers.


-Emelin is as tough as it gets and we should keep him
-Subban is our only real #1 defenseman. This guy is a beast, can play all three zones.
-Diaz, I think we are missing him more than we know. He's smart with the puck and moves the puck fast.


I think Marc Bergervin should focus on 3 issues this trading deadline.
1. Try to acquire a big puck moving defenseman, someone like Jack Johnson.
2. Upgrade the 4th line. Moen-Armstrong-White isn't working out, they are below average in speed and bigger faster teams take advantage. We need to add someone like Dominic Moore.
3. We need a big guy who can protect our smaller forwards, a player who can skate and also defensive. Someone like a Shawn Thornton.
So, to summarize, we had a bad 2nd period so we should trade the whole team.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
  #13
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerNator View Post
in NHL13 Beaulieu is ready, Tinordi is not
Ya but in NHL13 I can get Datsyuk for Desharnais and Bouillon

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.