HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greg Pateryn re-assigned to Hamilton (March 13)

Old
03-08-2013, 06:09 AM
onice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Does this mean Mtl has traded one of our D. I had the feeling they were showcasing Weaver tonight
They were showcasing Weaver after just getting him? By the way when did we acquire Weaver?

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Mats86

Pateryn's AHL stats eery similar to Nash's

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Agalloch

Same insurance as Dumont. Will be send back in Hamilton after the road trip.

It seems that Diaz and Bourque feel better too.

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He's great on updates, but he gives his own opinions on everything way too much. I want a guy who does updates only. I read enough idiotic comments here.
LOL. Thanks. If you want scores, check the boxscores. If you want facts, read the team websites or the CP. Better yet, watch the games. Or bookmark this guy: http://habsprospects.com/

Last I checked Twitter was a social network. Where you interact with people. Kind of like this forum. You can't discuss fact. You can discuss opinion. I'm confident enough in my hockey knowledge and understanding to share mine and debate them. Ironic for someone who uses the name "Analyzer."

If you're talking about Pateryn, above and beyond the facts that he's played top minutes, including powerplay and penalty kill time, is the fact that I've advocated for some time now he should be the first call-up when needed. So he is. Deservingly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Pateryn's AHL stats eery similar to Nash's
I was a big Nash fan last year. But while their stat line this year looks similar, I can assure you their play wasn't even close. Pateryn is primarily a stay-at-home defensive guy with offense as a bonus. Nash was a fringe guy defensively with some offensive skill. Pateryn - in the games he's played - has been the far better of the two this year, though in fairness I lost track of Nash's actual play following the trade.

Last edited by Dan K: 03-08-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:56 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
If you're talking about Pateryn, above and beyond the facts that he's played top minutes, including powerplay and penalty kill time, is the fact that I've advocated for some time now he should be the first call-up when needed. So he is. Deservingly so.
Congratulations on the sound analysis.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Read through thread, to summarize:

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
not at all, to me the Grabovski trade was to get rid of a rotten apple and get anything in exchange, the name didnt stick around, not saying he's a bad player, just never heard of him and never took the time to do the research on this guy

just stop being so condescending jeez, and i'm not saying that to YOU in particular, theres a lot of condescending people on this board its atrocious, I feel like i'm on a Music Board sometimes... "wow you don't know that band who played 1 set back in 1994 in front of 5 people? get a life loser I know them i'm better"
Wanted to touch on the element in bold. Montreal traded for Greg Pateryn about a week after he was drafted by the Leafs. They wanted him on draft day, but he ended up in Toronto. He was a target. It wasn't a case of "ummm who can you give us back," with the Leafs reaching for some obscure prospect in the system a la Mike Busto. It was a conscious move to bring in a guy whose potential the team liked.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:17 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Wanted to touch on the element in bold. Montreal traded for Greg Pateryn about a week after he was drafted by the Leafs. They wanted him on draft day, but he ended up in Toronto. He was a target. It wasn't a case of "ummm who can you give us back," with the Leafs reaching for some obscure prospect in the system a la Mike Busto. It was a conscious move to bring in a guy whose potential the team liked.
just a misconception on my part I know, probably tainted by my hatred against the Gainey/Gauthier combo

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
just a misconception on my part I know, probably tainted by my hatred against the Gainey/Gauthier combo
You can still hate them! Fact that they wanted him in the draft means he was a Trevor Timmins guy.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Frank Drebin

Grabo trade finally paying dividends.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
LOL. Thanks. If you want scores, check the boxscores. If you want facts, read the team websites or the CP. Better yet, watch the games. Or bookmark this guy: http://habsprospects.com/

Last I checked Twitter was a social network. Where you interact with people. Kind of like this forum. You can't discuss fact. You can discuss opinion. I'm confident enough in my hockey knowledge and understanding to share mine and debate them. Ironic for someone who uses the name "Analyzer."
Only thing ironic is a guy who says he'll update news on the Habs, their prospects and ultimately the dogs. You retweet stuff from Dreger before I even get it
How that's possible, I don't know. You do great updates on the games you attend in
Hamilton as it seems TVA sports has decided that the dogs are irrelevant now. You do do great work. I was lead to believe that it was an update thing not an update+ my
Opinion on everything else.

Also, how the hell did I end up Following all Habs one ? That one is really annoying with their daily "who to follow" tweets. Stupid twitter.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Only thing ironic is a guy who says he'll update news on the Habs, their prospects and ultimately the dogs. You retweet stuff from Dreger before I even get it
How that's possible, I don't know. You do great updates on the games you attend in
Hamilton as it seems TVA sports has decided that the dogs are irrelevant now. You do do great work. I was lead to believe that it was an update thing not an update+ my
Opinion on everything else.

Also, how the hell did I end up Following all Habs one ? That one is really annoying with their daily "who to follow" tweets. Stupid twitter.
Fair enough; never intended to mislead. I try to combine news and fact with analysis/opinion. That was the premise of the site I started before joining All Habs.

If you just want numbers, the Twitter feed of the site I linked above is a great one.

Old
03-08-2013, 07:32 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Deeeelllllleeeeeetttteeee

Accidental double post

Old
03-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Fair enough; never intended to mislead. I try to combine news and fact with analysis/opinion. That was the premise of the site I started before joining All Habs.

If you just want numbers, the Twitter feed of the site I linked above is a great one.
Yeah nico is pretty beastly

I have 4 twitter accounts that send to my phone ( well 5 all Habs was an
Accident) love some of the work you do. Just retweeted Mac Bennett congratulating Pateryn. I never would have seen that. I'm not focused to be able to keep up to all the twitter accounts. Your opinion on Dumont and Pateryn over Army and Kabs is spot on.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great job. I just don't care what your opinion is on Montreal roads or life in Toronto. To be fair I don't even care what my opinion is on most things.

Pateryn definitely deserved the call up Ahead of Tinordi. In hoping he and Dumont get a game, too

Old
03-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Welcome to the Show !

go and hit stuff.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:46 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan2992 View Post
Kaberle hurt?
No he just plain sucks

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No he just plain sucks
Kaberle has done his job when asked this year. He will be useful for us this season, maybe even tradeable at the deadline. If nothing else, he can be used on a rotating basis to allow Markov to get the occasional night off. I like him better than Weber, that's for sure.

It would not surprise me to see Pateryn impress if given a chance. That may not happen if Diaz' return is imminent. Right now though, Pateryn is one injury away from a regular spot on the blue-line.

Last edited by Sam I Am: 03-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:01 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Kaberle has done his job when asked this year. He will be useful for us this season, maybe even tradeable at the deadline.

In nothing else, he can be used in a rotating basis to allow Markov to get the occasional night off. I like him better than Weber, that's for sure.
Right now, reality, Pateryn is being recalled and I hope will play while Kaber is a healthy scratch, again.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:06 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Being an ex leafs prospect i'm sure he plays with a lot of truculence.

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:21 AM
HCH

[QUOTE=HarlemsFinest;61226741]fact remains, he's still a nobody. QUOTE]

We, on this board, are the nobodies.. Pateryn is a legitimate prospect

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 08:22 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Being an ex leafs prospect i'm sure he plays with a lot of truculence.
LOL... but I don't think he played one minute of hockey after being drafted by the Leafs. His entire career since he was drafted has been with the Canadiens.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:19 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
That, or you're simply cluless, but thanks !
you realize that some people have other interested than to stroke off to every Junior or AHL prospect?

What are we going to start labeling people as to ''real'' fans and ''fake'' fans depending if they can confirm the jock strap size of an 19 yr old 3rd round pick in Drummondville?

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I am... shocked.

Ever since we got him in the Grabovski trade, I've been a big fan of his. I was really disappointed that he got injured early in the season because he was one of the players I was really pumped up to watch with the Bulldogs (I followed the Dogs very closely during the lockout). He didn't disappoint me at first, but it seems he has only gotten (much) better since his return.

It is quite story. He was such a long way away from the NHL not so long ago. I hope he gets to play at least one game!

And for those who haven't heard of him: he slowly became a very reliable defenseman in the NCAA up until his final year. He struggled a bit at first in the AHL (some good games, some bad games) and he got injured after, I think, 7 games. It was a shame too because you could tell he was becoming more consistent. I haven't been watching the Dogs since the return of the NHL but I've heard some very good things about his play since his return from injury.

He's a big and strong guy but he's not overly physical. He's a decent puck mover, has an ok shot, and plays an effective game. I think that with some polishing, he could be a good bottom pairing/pk'er. The kind of guy that will clear the front of the net and block shots. He also won't kill your transition game ala Hall Gill.

Last edited by Gabe84: 03-08-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
you realize that some people have other interested than to stroke off to every Junior or AHL prospect?

What are we going to start labeling people as to ''real'' fans and ''fake'' fans depending if they can confirm the jock strap size of an 19 yr old 3rd round pick in Drummondville?
Archambault wears a medium cup. (and he was a 4th rounder )

Jokes aside, I would say that on a site called hockey's future, that most fans would know who our first d-man call up is. It's not as if Pateryn came out of nowhere.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Archambault wears a medium cup.

But I would say that on a site called hockey's future, that most fans would know who our first d-man call up is. It's not as if Pateryn came out of nowhere.
I would argue that a minority of the discussion is actually related to prospects.

I'm just not that motivated enough to learn about average prospects until they create enough buzz in hamilton and or get called up.

Reason mostly being is that I don't watch junior nor bulldog games, and reading about kids with average potential is not something I like to spend my time.

I much rather be a professional troll and stage protests for example.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote