HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ian White

Old
03-07-2013, 10:42 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Ian White

The wings D are playing lights out right now and White is a guy who has proven he can play in the top 4. Hes said he doesnt expect to be traded but with Lashoff becoming a solid bottom pairing guy and still having Huskins in a pinch as a free agent I could see him being moved.

Does he get a second round pick to a contender that needs D depth at the dead line?

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Petes2424

He might. He's worth a 3rd I'd say but he's a D and they are overpaid for. It'll be interesting to see what they do here in the next week with him. I dont see him playing and with CC coming back, they'll have to make a move.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:56 PM
wynne

Said it in the last White thread, I would LOVE him back in Toronto. He'd be a much better option to play along side Phaneuf. Holzer and Kostka aren't cutting it, but Carlyle loves having lefties on the left and righties on the right.

wynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
The wings D are playing lights out right now and White is a guy who has proven he can play in the top 4. Hes said he doesnt expect to be traded but with Lashoff becoming a solid bottom pairing guy and still having Huskins in a pinch as a free agent I could see him being moved.

Does he get a second round pick to a contender that needs D depth at the dead line?
How much did the wings give up to get him?

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Jurky
I heart Tats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
How much did the wings give up to get him?
He signed as a UFA,

I think he's worth a 2nd at the deadline to a contender in need of D, FFS GMKH gave up a 1st for KFQ

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:50 AM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
He signed as a UFA,

I think he's worth a 2nd at the deadline to a contender in need of D, FFS GMKH gave up a 1st for KFQ
KQ was a RFA and is a better dman. Not a good comparison.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Mid-round pick. That's if we get rid of him. Something tells me we wont.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Kyleftlx
twitter*****/kyle_ftl

Send a message via MSN to Kyleftlx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
KQ was a RFA and is a better dman. Not a good comparison.
Scary to hear someone say KQ is better than White. It seems like KQ is the one guy everyone in Detroit would love to get rid of ASAP. I think he's playing fine, though, and definitely is worthy of a spot in the lineup. I hope White goes somewhere and performs really well, because he definitely is good enough to stay in the lineup. I'm surprised that Babcock is so willing to bench White in favor of the kids, Lashoff and Smith, but isn't planning to bench some of the veteran forwards who really aren't performing well in favor of some of the younger kids he has within the organization.

Kyleftlx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleftlx View Post
Scary to hear someone say KQ is better than White. It seems like KQ is the one guy everyone in Detroit would love to get rid of ASAP.
I'd dump Cleary and Samuelsson before anybody else. Then White. Quincey, much as people hate him, is a necessary evil... For now.

Quote:
I'm surprised that Babcock is so willing to bench White in favor of the kids, Lashoff and Smith, but isn't planning to bench some of the veteran forwards who really aren't performing well in favor of some of the younger kids he has within the organization.
Smith pretty much has his spot locked in now. He's not performing offensively like everybody thought he would, but he's played some of the tougher matchups for Detroit, and his defense has improved leaps and bounds from where it was at last year.

As for Lashoff, no way he should be benched. Even with 9 healthy D-men. There's been multiple games this year where he's been the best defender on the ice.

I agree on the forwards though. Samuelsson needs to stay away, and Cleary can go with him.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 10:30 AM
newfy

Quote:
Scary to hear someone say KQ is better than White. It seems like KQ is the one guy everyone in Detroit would love to get rid of ASAP. I think he's playing fine, though, and definitely is worthy of a spot in the lineup. I hope White goes somewhere and performs really well, because he definitely is good enough to stay in the lineup. I'm surprised that Babcock is so willing to bench White in favor of the kids, Lashoff and Smith, but isn't planning to bench some of the veteran forwards who really aren't performing well in favor of some of the younger kids he has within the organization.
Quincey played poorly for about 2 games to start the year and has been fine ever since.

The wings have way too many dmen and without any high picks you have to sell off guys when you have a shot like this. At the deadline dmen bring back quite a bit of value. Last year Gaustad got a 1st and a third round pick for gods sake.

I think a second rounder would be perfectly fair for White to a contender. If the wings dont get something for him thats just poor asset management. They have 9 NHL dmen when everyone is healthy and a decent top 4 dman can get a premium at the deadline.

Last edited by newfy: 03-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
newfy is online now   Reply With Quote