HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How does Fristche Look..?

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
How does Fristche Look..?

He won't make the team right..?

BUt does he look on track to be a number one centre in the NHL say 4, 5 years down the road...? actually in the NHL in some capacity in a year or two..?

Old
09-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

He looked damn good today, IMO. The goal he scored was more luck and positioning than pure skill, but a goal is a goal. He plays both sides of the ice very well. He's going to make it very hard for Doug to send him back to juniors. I don't think keeping him here for the nine games dealio is out of the question.

Edit: 2004-2005 he'll be in a Jacket uni barring an injury or slump.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:36 PM
RDriesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
He looked damn good today, IMO. The goal he scored was more luck and positioning than pure skill, but a goal is a goal. He plays both sides of the ice very well. He's going to make it very hard for Doug to send him back to juniors. I don't think keeping him here for the nine games dealio is out of the question.

Edit: 2004-2005 he'll be in a Jacket uni barring an injury or slump.
yea, i agree with everything you said....especially if zherdev doesnt come over, which it looks like will be the case(werent they suppose to announce this weekend?)

i still cant believe we got fristche, i wanted us to get another first to get him.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:18 AM
3mta3

The local paper did a piece on him this morning. The paper requires a subscription, but you can read it for free through a link from the local radio station. I know, bizzare - don't ask, just read and enjoy.

http://www.1460thefan.com/tf.php?sto...922-D1-03.html

He's made it this far. We're down to 40 players and he's the last junior from the bunch. The coach/GM likes him a lot, and everyone who has watched him seems impressed.

Old
09-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Honestly, if we keep him in the Minors for at least a year or two, I can see him turning into a Brad Richards Esque Player Offensivly(Re: 60 Points a year and a top 4 Player)

Old
09-22-2003, 06:36 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen
yea, i agree with everything you said....especially if zherdev doesnt come over, which it looks like will be the case(werent they suppose to announce this weekend?)

i still cant believe we got fristche, i wanted us to get another first to get him.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it seem like the CBJ getting Fritsche in the second was totally overshadowed when the Wild took O'Sullivan a few picks later? I seem to recall that pick getting rave reviews nationally.

I heard a rumor that the Wild had already dropped O'Sullivan---true?

Old
09-22-2003, 07:05 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it seem like the CBJ getting Fritsche in the second was totally overshadowed when the Wild took O'Sullivan a few picks later? I seem to recall that pick getting rave reviews nationally.

I heard a rumor that the Wild had already dropped O'Sullivan---true?
there was a debate about the wild and o'sullivan on the news board i think -- what i believe happened was that they sent him back to juniors or where ever it was he was... just like all teams do with their young players. it wasn't an outright drop.

Old
09-22-2003, 07:20 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
there was a debate about the wild and o'sullivan on the news board i think -- what i believe happened was that they sent him back to juniors or where ever it was he was... just like all teams do with their young players. it wasn't an outright drop.
That sure sounds more plausible---it would seem awfully quick to have pulled the plug on a second-rounder already.

At any rate, Fritsche was a steal, IMO, in the second.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:24 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I don't know why the Wild took O'Sullivan, they already have a smallish wiz kid center in Bouchard. Unless they feel like having an average of 5'10" down the middle in a couple of seasons...

Old
09-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Qubax

LIkely only one of Bouchard and O'Sullivan will make an impact in the NHL eventually...

Also O'Sullivan while not overly big is sort of a Doug Weight type...He can be a number one centre based on smarts, skills, versatiliy...more hten just sheer size...Bouchard if I remember is smaller then O'Sullivan....but who knows....

as for Fristche...both O'Sullivan and Fristche were steals where they were taken....Both were touted as first roudners but ended up going later beacuse of the depth of the draft and injury concerns with Fristche and Family issues with O'Sullivan...

Closed Thread