HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Rob Ford Celebrates IWD By Grabbing Ass?

Old
03-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Silver

vCash: 500
If you're out of your teenage years and you're buying mickeys you've likely got a serious drinking problem.

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
Sarah Thompson suggests Rob Ford was on cocaine:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03...ford-incident/

I never knew that one of the side effects of doing cocaine was being arrogant
Coke heads ain't known for their manners and humility.

Did anyone stop to consider maybe he wanted to do lines off her ass? Could all by a simple misunderstanding.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:47 AM
v-man

Provided Thompson is telling the truth (despite not a single person there supporting her version of events), she then has to explain why when she makes sexually suggestive comments it's just a "joke", but completely inappropriate when Ford does it. I think she's realized she completely overreacted to the situation, and now has to dig herself out of the hole she created, including having to explain to women everywhere why they should bother filing a sexual harassment complaint with the police when "‘It’s a waste of time".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I don't agree with the witchhunt against him that almost led to his ousting, but really, given these recent public displays, he should resign.
Why is that? The vast majority of the people at the events in question confirm his side of the stories. In the latest case, not a single accuser has been man enough to put their name to the allegations. Even if he was a bit tipsy at an event or two, that's nothing new for a politician, nor is it a sign of alcoholism. I've had drinks with well known Canadian politicos in Toronto bars (I even witnessed a prominent former mayoral candidate asleep/passed out on a bar's couch mid day), but I don't go on social media calling them drunks just to needlessly defame them. The Star is just getting more and more pathetic, even by its already low standards.

Last edited by v-man: 03-27-2013 at 01:07 AM.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Just read the controversies section of his bio on wikipedia. Not only does he seem like he's a *******, but he's also an imbecile. How does someone like this get elected mayor of a great city like Toronto???

Ilkka Sinisalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:49 AM
WhiskeyYourTheDevils

The guy seems like a total tool. That said, this kind of has the feel of something that has been blown out of proportion a bit.

But the drinking problem seems to be very apparent.

WhiskeyYourTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Why is that? The vast majority of the people at the events in question confirm his side of the stories. In the latest case, not a single accuser has been man enough to put their name to the allegations. Even if he was a bit tipsy at an event or two, that's nothing new for a politician, nor is it a sign of alcoholism. I've had drinks with well known Canadian politicos in Toronto bars (I even witnessed a prominent former mayoral candidate asleep/passed out on a bar's couch mid day), but I don't go on social media calling them drunks just to needlessly defame them. The Star is just getting more and more pathetic, even by its already low standards.
He was at these events in his official capacity as mayor, that's why. I could care less what he does in his private time.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 06:49 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
He was at these events in his official capacity as mayor, that's why. I could care less what he does in his private time.
I think this is the point. If you are representing Canada's largest city and you cannot seem to do it without getting into a controversy of some sort it really becomes an issue.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Jatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
Just read the controversies section of his bio on wikipedia. Not only does he seem like he's a *******, but he's also an imbecile. How does someone like this get elected mayor of a great city like Toronto???
It's called Idiocracy, I used to think Canadians especially Torontonians were immune to Tea Party/Huckster style politics, the suburbs proved me wrong.

Jatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Gobias Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt View Post
It's called Idiocracy, I used to think Canadians especially Torontonians were immune to Tea Party/Huckster style politics, the suburbs proved me wrong.
[TorontoCoreElitism]This. Suckers from the suburbs ruined the city's reputation for a short while. No way he gets re-elected.[/TorontoCoreElitism]

That said, maybe this is proof we need to up the pay? I'm not sure what we need to do, but we need better candidates next time around. Not a huge Olivia Chow fan either, we just need someone massively competent and diverse enough to meet the needs of here and there.

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Doppler Drift

He's a movie star! I thought I had seen Ford before.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:46 AM
RoryDelap
That's some bad hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
If you're out of your teenage years and you're buying mickeys you've likely got a serious drinking problem.
Huh? The window for buying mickeys without having a serious drinking problem shuts after 1 year?

Either way I don't need to worry. I buy 26ers.

RoryDelap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:56 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
When the guy is one and the same and said drinking problem was likely a factor in the sexual assault I would say it is important to look at.
Except that there's zero proof of the sexual assault people have come out slamming her as she made comments around setting the mayor up, and she calls it sexual assault but refuses to go to the police.

He seems to have a problem with drinking, but not every drunk is running around grabbing a$$es and "sexually assaulting people", and not every sexual assaulter is a drunk.

It sounds like she saw an opportunity to score political points and is riding that wave. To me her actions if she wasn't assaulted are far worse then a mayor with a drinking problem.

Its like the line from Battlestar Galactica when Starbuck has a drink with Tigh and says "You know, I have demons too" and he responds with "Yeah, but mine are personal and yours are professional"

Ford if he has a drinking problem its a personal problem, if she's running around firing off a sexual harassment claim and a cocaine claim to score points in the arena of public opinion are professional.

She's also seriously opened herself up to a lawsuit if she continues.

CaptainCrunch67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Jatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post

He seems to have a problem with drinking, but not every drunk is running around grabbing a$$es
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hal...tary_ball.html

Quote:
Then on March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, Ford and a small entourage including at least two staff headed to a private room before midnight in the Bier Markt on the Esplanade.

On the way to the bar a fellow reveler, Jennifer Gordon, said she saw Ford “stumbling down the street” and she walked up to him.

“He was inebriated and sweaty but in a jovial way,” Gordon recalled shortly after the incident. “Me being me, I said: ‘You’re the worst mayor ever.’”

She said Ford walked over, kissed her on the forehead, and said: “I know, but I try.”
Oh and ah.....I'll just leave this here

http://i.imgur.com/r3vOw0W.jpg

Jatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Except that there's zero proof of the sexual assault people have come out slamming her as she made comments around setting the mayor up, and she calls it sexual assault but refuses to go to the police.

He seems to have a problem with drinking, but not every drunk is running around grabbing a$$es and "sexually assaulting people", and not every sexual assaulter is a drunk.

It sounds like she saw an opportunity to score political points and is riding that wave. To me her actions if she wasn't assaulted are far worse then a mayor with a drinking problem.

Its like the line from Battlestar Galactica when Starbuck has a drink with Tigh and says "You know, I have demons too" and he responds with "Yeah, but mine are personal and yours are professional"

Ford if he has a drinking problem its a personal problem, if she's running around firing off a sexual harassment claim and a cocaine claim to score points in the arena of public opinion are professional.

The last thing Rob Ford wants to do is file a civil suit and open himself up to discovery on his drunken rant at the Leafs game and arrest for marijuana possession in Florida.

In the Maple Leafs incident he flat out lied - a lawyer would have field day shredding his credibility.

If a drinking/drug problem impacts his performance of public duties, then it is fair game IMHO.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:55 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:

Sorry when you become the mayor of Canada's largest city, heck when you take any office with this kind of responsibility, things like possibly being an alcoholic are important for the public to know. This is no longer a private issue, if I lived there I would be worried about him making decisions while drunk or hung over. If his judgement is impair it not only effects him but possibly the millions that live in Toronto.

You can defend him all you want but this dude is am embarrassment to Canadian politics.

Old
03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryDelap View Post
Huh? The window for buying mickeys without having a serious drinking problem shuts after 1 year?

Either way I don't need to worry. I buy 26ers.
Pretty much. If you're 20, you can buy booze legally, so the only reason you're going around buying mickeys is if you need to hide them or you are trying to control your portion size.

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Provided Thompson is telling the truth (despite not a single person there supporting her version of events), she then has to explain why when she makes sexually suggestive comments it's just a "joke", but completely inappropriate when Ford does it. I think she's realized she completely overreacted to the situation, and now has to dig herself out of the hole she created, including having to explain to women everywhere why they should bother filing a sexual harassment complaint with the police when "‘It’s a waste of time".

Then he should do it on his personal time. Somehow you would nto be so forgiving if this was mcguinty. The star sucks but its the largest paper in the countr by far so I guess someone is reading it.

Melrose Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:29 PM
v-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Then he should do it on his personal time. Somehow you would nto be so forgiving if this was mcguinty. The star sucks but its the largest paper in the countr by far so I guess someone is reading it.
Outside of those who abstain from drinking outright, there isn't a politician in the country that hasn't had drinks at a public event. They are not expected to, nor should they abstain from having a few libations. If he had been in any way incapable of his duties or causing a scene unbecoming of his office, we would have found out about it from attending media directly after or during the event, and no doubt from social media by others there. From all accounts of those courageous enough to put their name to their recounts, and event organizers, he didn't appear to be in any way intoxicated. This story is backed up solely by nameless people who sent an email to a paper he despises supposedly out of concern for his health. Anyone who was truly trying to help him wouldn't go to his most hated newsroom to further embarrass him like this. The Star is simply grasping at straws because they've failed famously in every recent political endorsement they've made. They're trying to prove people wrong, but are only making themselves less credible with every smear campaign and pathetic exhibition of yellow journalism.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Outside of those who abstain from drinking outright, there isn't a politician in the country that hasn't had drinks at a public event. They are not expected to, nor should they abstain from having a few libations. If he had been in any way incapable of his duties or causing a scene unbecoming of his office, we would have found out about it from attending media directly after or during the event, and no doubt from social media by others there. From all accounts of those courageous enough to put their name to their recounts, and event organizers, he didn't appear to be in any way intoxicated. This story is backed up solely by nameless people who sent an email to a paper he despises supposedly out of concern for his health. Anyone who was truly trying to help him wouldn't go to his most hated newsroom to further embarrass him like this. The Star is simply grasping at straws because they've failed famously in every recent political endorsement they've made. They're trying to prove people wrong, but are only making themselves less credible with every smear campaign and pathetic exhibition of yellow journalism.
It is not as if Rob Ford has got drunk and acted inappropriately in public in the past and then lied about it... oh wait, he has.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ord060503.html

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

V-man has to be getting paid by Rob Ford's publicity team.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:56 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
You don't seem to get that when he is at these events, when he is in public at a bar, etc he is still the Mayor of Toronto. People will look at you and judge you. He represent the city even if not at an official event, he is in public and if he is getting sloshed it is not a good thing. The dude has to get it under control.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:37 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Old
03-29-2013, 02:07 PM
RoryDelap
That's some bad hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Pretty much. If you're 20, you can buy booze legally, so the only reason you're going around buying mickeys is if you need to hide them or you are trying to control your portion size.
Orrrrrrrrrrr you just like the amount of alcohol that a mickey contains.

RoryDelap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Gobias Industries

Rob Ford responds to transit-funding plan by pretending to vomit in front of reporters

Quote:
We can’t tax people, implement these new taxes to pay for transit. You want to pay for transit? I’ve got a good idea: it’s called a casino
Does Rob honestly think Casino's just print money?

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Good to see the recent troubles have sobered him up.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote