HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cizikas

Old
02-28-2013, 10:37 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Cizikas

Hey guys, I have been a fan of Cizikas since his Hockey Canada days. I really think he has big time upside. Just curious what you guys have thought of him and why he hasn't got more ice time. He has been very productive in his limited ice time.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:43 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Hey guys, I have been a fan of Cizikas since his Hockey Canada days. I really think he has big time upside. Just curious what you guys have thought of him and why he hasn't got more ice time. He has been very productive in his limited ice time.
He has been on the 4th line most of the year and to be honest I doubt you will hear 1 bad word about him. He comes to play every game and plays very well both ways. He is excellent in the face off circle as well. I'm not sure of his scoring potential because of his current line mates. Hope this helped.

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:45 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

He's been one of the better players all year, even though he's young and still learning. He's a keeper and will only get better. He doesn't play enough because our coach has very poor judgement and seems to watch a different game than most other hockey people.

Cizikas will get more ice time though, it's inevitable. He does everything well.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:50 PM
startainfection

i say poor mans mike peca, people call me crazy though

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 10:53 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
I think that his easily his upside. I think he could put up more points. He has some real offensive upside IMO.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:53 PM
StrongIslanders90

Kids all heart... I have no issue with him being a long term bottom 6 checking center that kills penalties and has offensive skill....

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 11:48 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
We call you crazy for more than that!

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Tavares2TheRescue
#FireCapuano

I've always liked Cizikas, but I was a little worried that he could never really be an NHL player. Fortunately, I was wrong; he can certainly play in this league. He definitely needs to play more given the energy and heart he brings. He comes to play hard night in and night out. I feel very confident in Cizikas as a bottom 6 center both now and in the future. And as previous posters have noted, he doesn't play more because our coach is dumb.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 06:37 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2TheRescue View Post
I've always liked Cizikas, but I was a little worried that he could never really be an NHL player. Fortunately, I was wrong; he can certainly play in this league. He definitely needs to play more given the energy and heart he brings. He comes to play hard night in and night out. I feel very confident in Cizikas as a bottom 6 center both now and in the future. And as previous posters have noted, he doesn't play more because our coach is dumb.
I think Casey Cizikas is getting exactly the icetime he should get at this point in his career. He's one of the few players on the Islanders who fits the role he's being asked to fill, which gives him the best chance to succeed (which he is). There's literally nothing to complain about here from either his or the organization's point of view.

Cizikas will be a solid bottom-6 center for a long time, so long as he stays healthy.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:58 AM
kasper11

Cizikas has been great. He's physical, he plays with energy, he wins faceoffs, he is solid in his own end, he spends a little time on the pk and he is scoring at a very good rate for his ice time. Couldn't ask for more out of a 4th line player.

I don't believe he has the skills to be a second line player, but I think he could become one of the better shutdown centers in the league some day.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:28 AM
duster19

Quote:
I hope so! Peca was awesome. Good old 67!

Have to be happy for Czikas. He went through some crazy stuff when he was younger. He competes every night and is a gamer, a lot more then can be said about some of our top 6 guys. Glad he is part of the team and he will show imnprovements as he matures.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Well if Cizikas never killed a man there were talks about him going late in the 1st round, sadly he was charged with manslaughter and his stock dropped. Regardless I am hoping he grows and does great for us. Him amd Ullstrom are earning there way and don't want to see Bridgeport again.

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 50
Cizikas has been one of the few positive things about this season. I like his game. I hope he can continue his development in the same way...

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cizikas plays his heart out every shift and he definitely has more skill then he's given credit for. I see no reason he can't be our version of Ryan Callahan. A blue collar heart and soul guy who keeps exceeding expectations. Callahan isnt the most skilled offensive guy either, but he is smart, scores big goals and always gives you everything he has effort wise.

Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 12:32 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Warrior View Post
Cizikas plays his heart out every shift and he definitely has more skill then he's given credit for. I see no reason he can't be our version of Ryan Callahan. A blue collar heart and soul guy who keeps exceeding expectations. Callahan isnt the most skilled offensive guy either, but he is smart, scores big goals and always gives you everything he has effort wise.
I always said Cizikas reminds me of a poor man's Ryan Callahan, I posted a Juniors stats comparison a few months back, maybe less of a goal scorer, but possibly a better setup man (based on their junior stats which were somewhat simlar). I like the comparison.

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 02:32 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Well if Cizikas never killed a man there were talks about him going late in the 1st round, sadly he was charged with manslaughter and his stock dropped. Regardless I am hoping he grows and does great for us. Him amd Ullstrom are earning there way and don't want to see Bridgeport again.
really? I never heard this story. crazy.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Original Rob

Patrick Flatley 2.0

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
really? I never heard this story. crazy.
Tackled a kid in rugby who had a recent concussion. Force of the blow killed him.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:18 PM
BillD

Zeekie is NHL grade material.
His size is not an issue. If he could gain another stride he would be a John Madden replica. Heart and soul, and he plays the game the right way.

Last edited by BillD: 03-01-2013 at 06:45 PM.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Poliz24

Call me crazy, but I feel like his situation is sort of like Aaron Asham. 3rd/4th line guy, works hard every shift, does the little things right. look at Asham, everyone in our division noticed how he played and that's why he has played for every team but the devils. I do think Casey has alot more offensive upside than Asham. Asham was on a team with talent Peca, Yashin, Parrish, etc... Let's just hope the isles don't let him go, when its time for a new contract, or they don't trade him. Casey is on a team with alot of talent coming up, I don't want to see him getting put aside for someone who doesn't do the little things right like Cizikas does.

Poliz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Sparksrus3

First- he has played for the devils.
Second - asham is not like and has never been a player like Cizikas.

Sparksrus3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Poliz24

First off thanks for the correction. Secondly, I am not talking about skill set,
I was more focused purely on situation in terms of players around him, I don't want to see Cizikas moved or we don't re-sign him because of others guys we might want to make room for in the future.

Poliz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:20 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
This guy is a fabulous all around hockey player and has been great. Bad managament is the reason why he gets o ice time.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Zanny

He should replace frans as isles second line center between bailey and okposo. He may not be or ever become a second line center, but he sure is more offensively capable than frans. Won't happen though since cappy prefers experience over talent.

Zanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:39 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliz24 View Post
Call me crazy, but I feel like his situation is sort of like Aaron Asham. 3rd/4th line guy, works hard every shift, does the little things right. look at Asham, everyone in our division noticed how he played and that's why he has played for every team but the devils. I do think Casey has alot more offensive upside than Asham. Asham was on a team with talent Peca, Yashin, Parrish, etc... Let's just hope the isles don't let him go, when its time for a new contract, or they don't trade him. Casey is on a team with alot of talent coming up, I don't want to see him getting put aside for someone who doesn't do the little things right like Cizikas does.
Cizikas plays nothing like Asham and Cizikas is also a center....

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote