Notices

Carl Soderberg | Philadelphia Flyers @ Our The Boston Bruins | *1:00 PM* | NESN

Old
03-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Numbah4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNBruiN View Post
This back to back is going to be tough. Ottawa and Pittsburgh. The Pittsburgh game is the one I really want to win.
Two games in Pittsburgh this week. WTF?? Both back to back after traveling. I know we caught a break with Montreal and Toronto. Just saying. I'm looking at them as a 2 game series. Would like to split.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:42 PM
ap3lovr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
Two games in Pittsburgh this week. WTF?? Both back to back after traveling. I know we caught a break with Montreal and Toronto. Just saying. I'm looking at them as a 2 game series. Would like to split.
Something happened to them in that Philly series. They haven't been the same since. It is like Philly came in and they forgot how to play defense.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
Something happened to them in that Philly series. They haven't been the same since. It is like Philly came in and they forgot how to play defense.
They had a game like that last year. Went 13-0-1 Gave up a snowman against Ottawa. Finished 5-4 but allowed 36 goals in
those 9 games. And, then the collapse against Philly 30 goals in
6 games. Let's hope for deja vu all over again as Yogi might say.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Doesn`t bother me at all, never has, one of the worst stats out there if using as an indicator or trying to get a read on a game. I was watching the game and thinking that had the Flyers players focused more on playing the game rather than ALWAYS finishing their checks, their team D would be so much better. Had a stat at our Junior A game here a few weeks back where our boys, so it said was outhit almost 2:1.....Mooseheads won the game by a touchdown

I enjoy watching a player finish a check, I can`t stand when a player insists on doing so when it takes them out of position, and the Flyers seem to have it engrained within them that they have to do this. I`m sure we as fans would be mildy entertained if every Bruin finished every check, but I`ll wager we wouldn`t be as entertained watching our goalie(s) get peppered as our team would give up constant odd man chances.
I totally agree.

#1 what counts as a hit from arena to arena varies.

#2 Puck possession dominance often means your players are going to take more hits since the point of a hit is to get the puck from the guy carrying it. So being outhit can often just mean your team dominated in puck possession.

Eyeballs on the game tell you more about how physical a team is game in and game out than the hit stat.

I do think the Bruins have seemed to be less physical this season, but they have also been pretty good at backchecking and in the Flyers game at least the Bruins benefited from a ton of turnovers by the Flyers (I actually think in that game at least the Flyers were really bad with turnovers).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
I know in at least one of them Pens are fresh not sure about the other one.

From what I understand the Pens were gifted a lot of teams on the second half of a b2b in the scheduling.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote