HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers Lose 6-0: Look at all the Goals we don't score!

Old
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
trent_vinyl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Torres was random and fun. A character at least.

Roli certainly was.
that's the problem now, no characters

trent_vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:38 AM
oilersfan87

Good thing I quit watching oilers games after the Blue Jackets loss. Watching this game probably would have made me depressed. The oilers will always be my favorite team but I simply cannot watch a team play like crap every night and put in zero effort. I may start watching again after the road trip.

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:39 AM
trent_vinyl

Lowe

Has Lowe even addressed the media this year? I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. I'd be really interested to see him face the camera right now (if he's not too busy planning for Team Canada).

Old
03-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
No need to be a *****. They didn't start selling off until the trade deadline that year. So no, until this years trade deadline, its not the fourth year. And especially not if you count it by full years, as you can't exactly do any rebuilding mid season.
You're wrong. It's the fourth year. Hall selection was year 1. And ps - **** a rebuild. The way this word gets thrown around recently makes me sick. And even if it isn't year 4 by your counting, it's like... oh, my bad, year 3 sorry.

Seeing little to no improvement, in virtually any aspect of their play. One could say they even regressed in many.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:45 AM
trent_vinyl

Petrell

Not laying the blame on tonight's fiasco solely on him, but man did he NOTHING tonight. And that is the problem with this team. Every player should have the mindset to do something each game to make themselves standout, especially if you were benched. Petrell didn't throw a hit, didn't create any offence, didn't do anything.

We've seen way to many players like this. And then you see a guy like Brown, who at least is skating hard each shift, fighting, hitting, etc.

Something is wrong with this organization.

Old
03-09-2013, 12:47 AM
shiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_vinyl View Post
Has Lowe even addressed the media this year? I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. I'd be really interested to see him face the camera right now (if he's not too busy planning for Team Canada).
I doubt it, most of the media will just read off the list of prepared questions handed to them from the Oilers brass. I want to see Lowe answer questions from the FANS, now that one will be bloody.

shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:52 AM
The Bunk

Does the team just have indifference ingrained in it at this point? Man, oh man.

The Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:54 AM
EchoesoftheEighties
Wat a N00bnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
Does the team just have indifference ingrained in it at this point? Man, oh man.
Lots of the fans certainly do. I'm getting there myself

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunk View Post
2nd post on the board and you nailed it.

What many of us have outlined for years is that PURPOSELY tanking is an idiots game because once you smash into the bottom theres not some magical way to resurrect what was a horrible enough lineup to be the worst team in the league many years running.

That and the "losing culture" becomes learned experience and acceptable for a new platoon of millionaires. Who get very used to losing and basically accept it as long as Tamblowe hand out big paycheques like confetti.

Why worry?

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Mackle

Draft Jones and trade one of the "untouchables" for MacKinnon. There needs to be a shakeup here.

Mackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:58 AM
EchoesoftheEighties
Wat a N00bnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackle View Post
Draft Jones and trade one of the "untouchables" for MacKinnon. There needs to be a shakeup here.
How about no?

Prospects and draft picks is NOT what this team needs more of.

EchoesoftheEighties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:00 AM
raab
Where's the Heart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
We won't have to trade anyone for Mackinnon. Just stay the course and ruin our other three 1st overalls in the process.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Mackle

I just don't see Tambo making a big trade for an established superstar... and I don't see that superstar wanting to play for EDM tbh.

Mackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:04 AM
raab
Where's the Heart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
I just don't see Tambo making a big trade for an established superstar... and I don't see that superstar wanting to play for EDM tbh.
We dont need a damn superstar, we need capable vets an a top pairing d man. Yandle and Scuderi would look good here over Whitney and N. Schultz.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:04 AM
The Bunk

Quote:
2nd post on the board and you nailed it.

What many of us have outlined for years is that PURPOSELY tanking is an idiots game because once you smash into the bottom theres not some magical way to resurrect what was a horrible enough lineup to be the worst team in the league many years running.

That and the "losing culture" becomes learned experience and acceptable for a new platoon of millionaires. Who get very used to losing and basically accept it as long as Tamblowe hand out big paycheques like confetti.

Why worry?
I'm almost not even disappointed in this team anymore as a supporter. Each passing game I just think how much better it would be to see Hall, Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins thrive with competent teams and just am disappointed that the game of hockey suffers for it. And just to clarify, I'm not saying I'm not upset with them seemingly lacking passion, as that is on them too, not just the organization.

The Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:20 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I just found out the score. Hah... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Seriously.... Jesus H Christ. **** this organization.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:22 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 50
Good thing I didn't watch this one.

I don't think I'll be watching another one for a while.

OilerTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Baby Nilsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I just found out the score. Hah... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
I laughed pretty hard too.. should I be sad?

Baby Nilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

So according to Nuge the Oilers tonight came out well and played pretty good at the start of the game

I kind of blinked and missed that considering we gave up scoring chances from the outset of this game, took the first penalty at 4mins in, and gave up the first goal 6mins in.

We gave up the winning goal 6mins in. This is 10% of the hockey game.

By the 18minute mark we flat out gave up. AGAIN.

What ****ing nonsense. This team can't even play 20mins of hockey now.

So I'm not sure what RNH is talking about. Looks like Kruegers unconditional praise positivity has really kicked in. Just show up at the rink now and you done well kids..

Ruining players? I would say its possible.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:31 AM
dnicks17

Started off well?

They had one shot, from a shorthanded breakaway, in the first 8 minutes of the game...

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:35 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

PS

might be interesting to people to note RNH in his last 10GP is -7 and has 1 assist and 1point in that span.

Playing 20/mins night on topline and with topline players. Also on first unit PP.

This is flatlined people.

What do we do?

Old
03-09-2013, 01:38 AM
dnicks17

Quote:
PS

might be interesting to people to note RNH in his last 10GP is -7 and has 1 assist and 1point in that span.

Playing 20/mins night on topline and with topline players. Also on first unit PP.

What do we do?
Throw in the towel.

Maybe the NHL will feel sorry for the Oilers and relegate them to the AHL.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:38 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
PS

What do we do?
This wasn't an unexpected consequence by some of us. Young players (surrounded by junk veterans) expected to play tough minutes before they are ready.

A recipe for failure all around.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
PS

What do we do?
Honestly, with those kind of stats and numbers, he would be watching the press box in vancouver.

AV for example does not give that much time to players, they need to learn the system, learn how to play defense and offense. Two way street.

This is a kind of coach Oilers need, honestly, Edmonton is going at it with Laaa deee daaaa focus, and don't care.

I just watched the game tonight, and that was the worst I have seen the oilers play in the last 3 years imo.

I think it's fairly obvious a Management change would be best, and go figure a PERFECT coach is available in lindy ruff (torts 2.0), and you guys need to get him before it's 2 late.

Also this team has basically zero leadership. The vets can barely play, let alone lead by example.

If I was the owner of the oilers I would do these 10 things to start

1 - Fire Lowe, and tambo
2 - Hire Lindy Ruff as a coach, Let him sign the assistants.
3 - Try to make a Big trade for a power forward....Oh wait COREY FRICKAN PERRY is available you say?. The oilers out of all teams have ALL the assets to trade for a guy like him. Make it a SIGN and TRADE, give up Hall/rnh/yaku/ or eberle for him. (Yes you need to give to have).
4 - Sign Depth guys who can actually ****ing play and be gritty at the same time. (You guys laughed at the prust signing, what now?)
5 - Get a more DEFENSIVE system until the oilers LEARN to play a two way game, then eventually transition into an offensive system with the talent you guys have on the roster.
6 - Enough is enough, get a true #1 goalie, Dubnyk has been "good" and has not been the "problem" But he is far from the solution.
7 - Add some Depth, true depth on the back end, no more plugs, Get a vet D-man who can TEACH the young kids like schultz the ins and outs.
8 - For the love of god get somebody in who has pedigree, and who can automatically get some accountability for the team.
9 - TURN THE TEAMS LOSING MENTALITY INTO A WINNING ONE, Take it ONE game at a time, LOSING is NOT good enough, Make them know if they play bad, they will sit, If they play well, they will get rewarded.
10 - Accept the fact this is a BAD team, that want's change. Try to draft better, Focus on the Back end out. This is not a fantasy team, no excuse for grabbing guys like yakupov over murray.

Anyways, flame away.

PS - yes my grammer is ****, yes I am a canucks fan that comes here often, and yes I do hate on the oilers here and there. (and yes I know the "trades" can't easily happen, but the rest can)

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote