HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Why not Roy???

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 01:38 PM
eyeisnikk

vCash: 500
Why not Roy???

Hey I dont want to seem to eager or anything to put Roy into the lineup.
But the last 2 camps he's been the best player, I see potential for him to be rookie of the year. Anyone else. However, basically the only way he could do that is if he is on a Drury-Roy-Satan line. You ever notice that each season theres a line thats hot and its usually always has Satan on it.

Ok Drury Roy Satan

2nd agruing Hecht Beire Dumont

Kolatik Brown Afinogenov

4th DartBoard

And that leaves Pyatt Begin Mair Connerly, Boulton, Peters? to fight for the remaining. INjuries, and a Peters send down would lighten this load of course.

Whats your impression. We dont want to give our hopes up. But Roy could be electric if he played we really good players. DOnt get me wrong he is already electric right now with anyone he plays with.

Old
09-23-2003, 01:58 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

why are you putting all your hope on a kid who never even played an NHL game yet???? let him ease into the league dont put so much hope in making him into rookie of the year, let him contribute anyway he can but dont put it all on his shoulders.

Also I say keep peters up here the team needs some toughness

also we got Drury to play center so your line up doesnt work, if anything roy would play wing on that line but more than likely he'll be a second or 3rd line center or winger

Old
09-23-2003, 03:09 PM
bernsy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeisnikk
Hey I dont want to seem to eager or anything to put Roy into the lineup.
But the last 2 camps he's been the best player, I see potential for him to be rookie of the year. Anyone else. However, basically the only way he could do that is if he is on a Drury-Roy-Satan line. You ever notice that each season theres a line thats hot and its usually always has Satan on it.

Ok Drury Roy Satan

2nd agruing Hecht Beire Dumont

Kolatik Brown Afinogenov

4th DartBoard

And that leaves Pyatt Begin Mair Connerly, Boulton, Peters? to fight for the remaining. INjuries, and a Peters send down would lighten this load of course.

Whats your impression. We dont want to give our hopes up. But Roy could be electric if he played we really good players. DOnt get me wrong he is already electric right now with anyone he plays with.
Pyatt, Mair and Connolly DO NOT have to fight for a spot! There is no doubt that they are NHL regulars on any team!

Old
09-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernsy74
Pyatt, Mair and Connolly DO NOT have to fight for a spot! There is no doubt that they are NHL regulars on any team!
Connolly might have to fight for a spot in terms of not being traded. He certainly won't find one in the top six or on the fourth line (where toughness is a virtue).

Between Afinogenov, Connolly, Brown, and Pyatt-one of them is going to be a healthy scratch or in a different uniform. Throw Roy into the mix-and you've got 5 people looking at 3 spots on that third line.

We can safely assume that Satan (when signed), Drury, Kotalik, Dumont, Hecht, and Briere will be the top 6.

Old
09-23-2003, 03:40 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
So many newbies on this thread, wow. (not that it's a bad thing...)

Old
09-23-2003, 04:19 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

What the Hell is this the Twilight Zone......

If Buffalo got rid of Pyatt I would hunt down Regier myself

Also Pyatt, Mair and Afinogenov already have spots...i cant believe people are talking about bringing in Boulton,Peters and Begin and laeving these guys high and dry...what is goin on???

Old
09-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Sticky*

regier

There is no way that Pyatt is traded. Count on that.

Old
09-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Amerk

Quote:
We can safely assume that Satan (when signed), Drury, Kotalik, Dumont, Hecht, and Briere will be the top 6.
... at least to start things out. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Dumont or Kotalik spend some time on the third line depending on who starts out playing well.

Old
09-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime
What the Hell is this the Twilight Zone......

If Buffalo got rid of Pyatt I would hunt down Regier myself

Also Pyatt, Mair and Afinogenov already have spots...i cant believe people are talking about bringing in Boulton,Peters and Begin and laeving these guys high and dry...what is goin on???
Yes, Mair and Pyatt and Afinogenov have roster spots meaning they aren't going to the Amerks. But nothing says they can't be traded.

Though Pyatt and Mair aren't going anywhere.

I could see one of Connolly or Afinogenov being traded 20 games into the year though if no injuries occur.

They aren't going to healthy scratch one of these guys or play them for 6 mins. a night on the fourth line for a 1.2 million dollar salary.

Old
09-23-2003, 07:30 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
I think how the team performs with Connolly out of the lineup might eventually pack his bags. Tim's gonna be watching from the press box for Philly and the Isles, and I thinking that if the team clicks, Connolly's not going to have many more chances with this organization. He's the only one I see on his way out.

As for Roy, from what I've seen, deserves to be in uniform opening night. He's earned himself an NHL job in my eyes, and whether he's has NHL experience yet or not, he certainly will soon.

Old
09-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre15
I think how the team performs with Connolly out of the lineup might eventually pack his bags. Tim's gonna be watching from the press box for Philly and the Isles, and I thinking that if the team clicks, Connolly's not going to have many more chances with this organization. He's the only one I see on his way out.

As for Roy, from what I've seen, deserves to be in uniform opening night. He's earned himself an NHL job in my eyes, and whether he's has NHL experience yet or not, he certainly will soon.
That's true. With Connolly sitting on his tail, he's not going to get a chance to jump back in after those two games if the guys mesh.

Tim is on his last leg in Buffalo, and I think Darcy is just afraid to trade the "gem" from the Peca deal for fear of looking stupid.

Old
09-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Tra La La

I think at this point Roy makes the team. peters Makes it. Connolly is gone once satan signs.Boulton and begin are on the outside looking in.

Old
09-24-2003, 01:48 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
He has been electric in preseason games.

The key will be how he looks during his two game "audition" when Connolly is suspended.

And the only way I see Derek Roy playing on the top line is if Satan isn't signed right away and Ruff decides to have a 1st line of Drury-Roy-Kotalik.

But I would expect Roy to play on the 3rd line in the regular season if he's on the team. He won't get enough ice time on the 4th line and I don't think Ruff is ready to play him on one of the top two lines. Heck, they haven't even tried Drury at wing yet and I can't see Roy knocking Drury or Briere out of the top 2 center spots.

Closed Thread