HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #23 : KINGS vs. FLAMES - Saturday, 3/9/13 @ 7:00 pm PST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
  #301
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Why not? It is school break here in Alberta. Besides, I traveled to LA from Alberta for a game and plan to do it again next season. Alberta is flush with cash, so my guess is they came down for a vacation and planned it around the Flames. Some teams have fans that support them win or lose. Trust me being a Saskatchewan Roughriders fan I know how that goes. I've traveled to see them play when they were the worst team in the CFL.
Because Kings game aren't exactly cheap anymore so that you could justify paying for flights, etc. and still be cheaper than a local game.

I'm not saying I have a problem with people coming from out of town to go to games, i'm simply using my knowledge of the LA population to make an educated guess. For example, my dads boss' wife is from Regina, so I know their are some canadian transplants in LA.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:16 PM
  #302
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
I have a terrible feeling about this game. I don't like it.

Shellz is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
  #303
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 11,716
vCash: 500
Why do they keep calling Carter a Cy Young candidate? Is having only 2 assists supposed to be a good thing? Oh, I'm not complaining since we all know Jeff is a shoot-first player.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
  #304
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Doughty please change your stick, the slap shot stick is not your strong suit.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
  #305
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
there you go Drew. no pump fake bs. just pull the trigger and VOILA....the puck gets to the net

Whiskeypete is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:18 PM
  #306
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Why do they keep calling Carter a Cy Young candidate? Is having only 2 assists supposed to be a good thing? Oh, I'm not complaining since we all know Jeff is a shoot-first player.
I think it's saying his scoring line looks more like a great pitcher's win-loss record than a typical goals-assists line.

HansH is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
  #307
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,325
vCash: 500
Jackman, you could apologize !

Shellz is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
  #308
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
kings should have more accidents in the oppents net.....

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:20 PM
  #309
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Because Kings game aren't exactly cheap anymore so that you could justify paying for flights, etc. and still be cheaper than a local game.

I'm not saying I have a problem with people coming from out of town to go to games, i'm simply using my knowledge of the LA population to make an educated guess. For example, my dads boss' wife is from Regina, so I know their are some canadian transplants in LA.
Actually, Kings games are much cheaper for tickets than local games. Unless tickets were significantly higher this year than last I bought a ticket 9 rows from the ice in 119 and it was around $150. The same seat in Edmonton, which is the closest local team to me, was $300. Besides, to Canadians LA is a great vacation destination with Disneyland and Hollywood etc. etc.

Plus, it is fun to go see your team on the road. I've seen the Kings in both Edmonton and Calgary and I intend to see more road games too. I don't dispute that there are plenty of Canadians there either. But who knows?

You Dad's boss' wife was smart, best thing out of Regina is Highway 11 North haha (that's the highway to my hometown Saskatoon).

Shootmaster_44 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:20 PM
  #310
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Comeau

Nose of Sutter is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:21 PM
  #311
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,635
vCash: 500
Did the Flames hire Jeremy Roenick's skate sharpener? They can't stay on their feet tonight...

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
  #312
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Actually, Kings games are much cheaper for tickets than local games. Unless tickets were significantly higher this year than last I bought a ticket 9 rows from the ice in 119 and it was around $150. The same seat in Edmonton, which is the closest local team to me, was $300. Besides, to Canadians LA is a great vacation destination with Disneyland and Hollywood etc. etc.

Plus, it is fun to go see your team on the road. I've seen the Kings in both Edmonton and Calgary and I intend to see more road games too. I don't dispute that there are plenty of Canadians there either. But who knows?

You Dad's boss' wife was smart, best thing out of Regina is Highway 11 North haha (that's the highway to my hometown Saskatoon).
You should come to Winnipeg one time to watch the Kings, it's a good time

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:24 PM
  #313
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
You should come to Winnipeg one time to watch the Kings, it's a good time
I definitely would if I could get tickets. If only the NHL preseason started after Labour Day and the Kings played around the Banjo Bowl.

But you know the best thing out of Winnipeg is Highway 1 West to Highway 16 Northwest.

Shootmaster_44 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:24 PM
  #314
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
looks like Ellerby's butt is stapled to the bench. don't think he's played since the penalty in the first. under 4Mins TOI so far. BFF clearly wasn't happy with the boarding penalty

Whiskeypete is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:25 PM
  #315
TwoForRoughing
Building a Dynasty
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
looks like Ellerby's butt is stapled to the bench. don't think he's played since the penalty in the first. under 4Mins TOI so far. BFF clearly wasn't happy with the boarding penalty
He was just out there with Martinez.

TwoForRoughing is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:28 PM
  #316
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Random, but do you guys think bob and Jim are best friends?

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #317
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I definitely would if I could get tickets. If only the NHL preseason started after Labour Day and the Kings played around the Banjo Bowl.

But you know the best thing out of Winnipeg is Highway 1 West to Highway 16 Northwest.
16 sucks, it's faster and better to go 1 to Regina, then North on 11 to Saskatoon...I should know I've gone Wpg to Edm and back about 15 times, not too mention it looks like I'll be back in Saskatoon for the 2nd straight year working this summer

It'll be possible in future years to get tickets..

Kinda OT though I guess

Back on topic, I think once Doughty scores he will light up. Right now he seems to be trying too hard offensively, and once he scores and settles down he'll be better...

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #318
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
interesing 3 defenseman out.

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  #319
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 500
Quick's mask fell off. Everybody take a shot.

CNS is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  #320
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post

Back on topic, I think once Doughty scores he will light up. Right now he seems to be trying too hard offensively, and once he scores and settles down he'll be better...
I agree here, he just needs to get that monkey off his back then he will get back to normal offensively.

Nose of Sutter is online now  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #321
bluegreen
Registered User
 
bluegreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Oh, that's Cartman saying "go kings go". I kept thinking it was an old lady

bluegreen is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #322
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
sweet

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #323
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
16 sucks, it's faster and better to go 1 to Regina, then North on 11 to Saskatoon...I should know I've gone Wpg to Edm and back about 15 times, not too mention it looks like I'll be back in Saskatoon for the 2nd straight year working this summer

It'll be possible in future years to get tickets..

Kinda OT though I guess

Back on topic, I think once Doughty scores he will light up. Right now he seems to be trying too hard offensively, and once he scores and settles down he'll be better...
Haha but you have to go to Regina then. But it would be faster to take the number 1 to Calgary and the 2 to Edmonton likely.

Atta way Williams!!!

Shootmaster_44 is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #324
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,475
vCash: 500
Williams!

CNS is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #325
Leo W
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Leo W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,710
vCash: 500
Willy!

Leo W is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.