HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 25 | Detroit Red Wings @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 2:00 PM EST | FS-D

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-09-2013, 09:35 PM
  #376
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I don't blame Prospal at all. Abdelkader was cross checking him repeatedly during and after the play. So I guess Justin's impact was getting Prospal to take a misconduct penalty... so THAT'S why he's still on the 2nd line! All kinds of intangibles and things that don't show up on the score sheet...
I'm pretty sure it did show up on the score sheet...

3rd period
13:34 Prospal: Misconduct (10 Min)

pdd is offline  
Old
03-09-2013, 10:01 PM
  #377
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: For All the Dangles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,378
vCash: 500
Just got to watch the game, and Great Easter Poop were Quincey, Ericsson (lesser), Kronwall (lesser aside from the giveaway) and Cleary taint-tastic today.

Zetterberg and Abdelkader were the best players on the ice today, followed by Tootoo, Lashoff, and to a lesser extent Kindl.

Gustavsson wasn't as bad as 3-0 indicated, but still.

Everyone else was decidedly meh.

RedMenace is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:56 AM
  #378
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 10,437
vCash: 500
Forecheck

It is the forecheck that is our problem.
I think we do not forecheck well enough and we are not solving our opponents' forechecking well, we are not getting out of our zone well/quick enough.
We have scored 2 goals in our last 3 road games and have yet to score a PP goal on the raod.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 07:56 AM
  #379
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Really? Try making the playoffs and actually winning a series before you come on here and call us gals. I have no ill wishes toward your team and I wish the best for it. But don't come here and say stuff like that bro.
Lol, I meant GLAD! Damn auto-correct. Fixed it.

Cheers

Dr. Fire is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:08 AM
  #380
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,397
vCash: 500
Oh, and one other thing that I mentioned on our board. I have to give your fans that make the trip down to Columbus props. Of course many are central Ohio residents that are still Wings fans first, then CBJ fans second.

Anyway, win or lose, Wings fans come in and cheer for their team and are always respectful. I have never seen any of them act like jerks, or try and start ****. Pens and Sabres fans are the absolute worst. Complete a-holes. No one likes them. It gets ugly when they are there, and they show up in droves.

Wings fans act like they have been there, and are always welcome in Columbus as far as I am concerned.

We might be on a little streak here but I have no illusions about making the play-offs. Hope you guys do.

Dr. Fire is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:46 AM
  #381
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I'm pretty sure it did show up on the score sheet...

3rd period
13:34 Prospal: Misconduct (10 Min)
Eva, I'm sure Abby appreciates your effort to come to his defense as a player here, but I'm not sure that penalties drawn on the other team is a stat officially kept by the NHL. But as far as that goes, he doesn't even agitate the opponent like he did a few seasons ago. Sure hope that's not a sign that he's seeing his career arc taking him into the role of a skilled scorer . I'd like to think that the score sheets are telling him otherwise.

Brick Top is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 12:05 PM
  #382
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
Eva, I'm sure Abby appreciates your effort to come to his defense as a player here, but I'm not sure that penalties drawn on the other team is a stat officially kept by the NHL. But as far as that goes, he doesn't even agitate the opponent like he did a few seasons ago. Sure hope that's not a sign that he's seeing his career arc taking him into the role of a skilled scorer . I'd like to think that the score sheets are telling him otherwise.
The only area where Abby looked like a competent NHL'er was on puck retrieval during the power play. He can't redirect pucks, he spends far too much time jostling with the defender to the point where he can't provide much help as a net front presence, and he's certainly not much of a set-up guy. His best move by far is passing the puck to Pavs.

This is why I've been pushing to give Sheahan a shot on a scoring line. If it doesn't work you can always send him back down to GR.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 12:07 PM
  #383
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
It is the forecheck that is our problem.
I think we do not forecheck well enough and we are not solving our opponents' forechecking well, we are not getting out of our zone well/quick enough.
We have scored 2 goals in our last 3 road games and have yet to score a PP goal on the raod.
Also the BJs forecheck just gave our d-men all sorts of problems. That horrid Kronner TO? Result of a forechecker. Q losing that pass in his skates? Result of a forechecker. Kindl also struggles with pressure in his own zone when he's got the puck. Not a good sign for a team that is supposed to be "puck possession".

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
  #384
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Yeah, the reality hits pretty hard in next 9 games.

CBJ
@CGY
@EDM
@VAN
MIN
@ANA
@ANA
@PHO
@SAN

After that we have played 17 games both home and away. That's the mark when we know where we really belong.
Oh this is not going to be pretty. Our only chance is the fact we've generally been good at EVS.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 04:06 PM
  #385
lkleung007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Just got to watch the game, and Great Easter Poop were Quincey, Ericsson (lesser), Kronwall (lesser aside from the giveaway) and Cleary taint-tastic today.

Zetterberg and Abdelkader were the best players on the ice today, followed by Tootoo, Lashoff, and to a lesser extent Kindl.

Gustavsson wasn't as bad as 3-0 indicated, but still.

Everyone else was decidedly meh.
The Wings just didn't show up at all...very disappointing.

Gustavsson was probably our best player...he made some great saves in the 3rd period or the score would've been 4 or 5 to 0!! Of the 3 goals...I can only fault him on the PP goal...probably stayed a bit too deep in his net. He did look much more comfortable as the game went on...that's life for a backup.

Hope we show tomorrow afternoon????

lkleung007 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.