9 Mar 2013 - Wild @ Nashy - 7:00

Old
03-09-2013, 12:42 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
I understand that they want him playing C, but I think the priority for now should be to get him to adapt to the NHL and improve his point production. Even if he doesn't play C at this point, it doesn't mean he'll never play C.

He played wing in SM-liiga at first, but was eventually moved to the middle and after some adjusting he played very well. In the national team he still plays wing and will probably stay there for some time, but I think in the long term they'd want him to play #2 C. I don't understand why Yeo and Fletcher find it so difficult to do something that's worked with Granlund before. This kind of stubbornness is stupid. If they're this insistent on having him play C, send him to Houston to do that and not have him 'develop' in the press box.
I don't think Fletcher has much input on this. I might be wrong, but I think this is all on Yeo. Fletch does his job, Yeo does his. This would fall under Yeo's job.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Emilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I don't think Fletcher has much input on this. I might be wrong, but I think this is all on Yeo. Fletch does his job, Yeo does his. This would fall under Yeo's job.
If CF tells Yeo to do/not to do something, Yeo is going to listen. So whatever the reasoning is, Yeo has CF believing this is the way things need to go right now

Emilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:02 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Unbelievable.

Get this coach out of here already.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Beegoalie

Finally some Wild puck to watch! Seems like its been forever!

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Karl

I hope the Wild use this day of rest to jump on the Predators early and keep them out of the game.
3-1 Wild. Parise, Clutterbuck, and Spurgen with goals and Mr. Underwood with the lone late goal for the Predators.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie View Post
If CF tells Yeo to do/not to do something, Yeo is going to listen. So whatever the reasoning is, Yeo has CF believing this is the way things need to go right now
While this is definitely true, imo, and I might be wrong, I think Fletch is letting Yeo do what he thinks is right. You never want too many chefs in the kitchen, and I really do believe Fletch understands this. Fletch starts telling Yeo, or any other HEAD NHL coach what to do, then they shouldn't be coach.

Old
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Emilie

Quote:
While this is definitely true, imo, and I might be wrong, I think Fletch is letting Yeo do what he thinks is right. You never want too many chefs in the kitchen, and I really do believe Fletch understands this. Fletch starts telling Yeo, or any other HEAD NHL coach what to do, then they shouldn't be coach.
Damn logic. I agree though. But at some point CF has GOT to step in and figure out wtf is going on. I'm not saying that Granlund is the best player on the team, or even close to it. But he's played better than Konopka, better than Brodzy, and in some games better than Cullen.

Emilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
TheeNorthStar
Ok, dis hockey

Quote:
Well said.

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

FBJ is about 3 games away from getting his James Sheppard degree in popcorn making. Either put Granlund in Houston or let him play.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:05 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie View Post
Damn logic. I agree though. But at some point CF has GOT to step in and figure out wtf is going on. I'm not saying that Granlund is the best player on the team, or even close to it. But he's played better than Konopka, better than Brodzy, and in some games better than Cullen.
What's the saying, somthing along the lines of: "The noise is loud, but the silence is deafening."

Fletch is watching. He's shown himself to be shrewd and pragmatic. Yeo is showing himself to be very green and one-dimensional. Something is building, and something is going to change, but not till the last moment. It might not even be this season, it just depends on what opportunities arise and how we do.

Our next stretch of games is going to prove a lot. We need to show improvement, whether we win or lose, we need to be better.

Leopold did not sink $200 mil to watch the same team. And we all know that man wants a Winter Classic here. To get it, we need to win. And we need at least one good year of winning to get it. If Yeo does not get things turned around by the end of the year, he's gone, and rightfully so; he doesn't know what he's doing.

Not everything works out, but you have to try. I'm not mad we tried Yeo, it's just time to find a better fit. I was initially going to give him through this year, but he only continues to show that he is not cut out for the job. He can do well in a subpar league, with fast grinding scrubs, but he sucks at evaluating talent and utilizing it properly. He also gets out-coached all the time during the games. He's my coaching equivilant of Scandella

Old
03-09-2013, 02:14 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

The party stopped. Did y'all listen to Pitbull?

Old
03-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

vCash: 827
Hoping for a win but not feeling real optimistic for this one for some reason. The party is dying down I guess.

Billy Mays Here* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

From Bruce Brothers: PMB unhappy about being benched

Quote:
Coach Mike Yeo, who also took Bouchard out of the lineup on Feb. 12 and Feb. 17, blamed Bouchard's inactivity over the past three seasons for his inability to regain the form he had before his first concussion near the end of the 2008-09 season.

"We've talked about it," Yeo said, "and he definitely feels like his game is coming along. There've been signs of it. It's just a matter of getting it consistently, and it's fair to say it's not there."

Yeo said he does not yet see Bouchard driving into the corners or the front of the net the way he did "when he was on top of his game."

Bouchard maintains that he feels comfortable on the ice, his timing is good and his confidence has been "starting to come back." He also says he has no problem heading into battles where contact is inevitable.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
The party stopped. Did y'all listen to Pitbull?
We're not allowed anymore. MK9 didn't find it funny.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
TZM
Par too easy

I get the rookie thing but I don't get why is PMB, one of the most skilled players, off the ice. Sure... PMB hasn't done as much as you'd expect from him but there's bunch of other guys who haven't either. I like hard working teams but this grinding is getting a little over the top.

E: Nevetheless... yaaayaaayayeeeah don't stop the paaaaaartyhhh!

Last edited by TZM: 03-09-2013 at 02:34 PM.
TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
AEM6729

Preds fan coming in peace here, to shed some light on our feelings for Suter from a Nashville perspective.

Everyone's beef with him isn't necessarily that he left (although we certainly don't like that), it's the manner in which he did it. He strung Poile along and made him believe that Nashville was right up there as one of his top choices when we really weren't, because he's a ***** and didn't want to get traded (which Poile surely would've done if he had known we had no shot at re-signing him). He came to Minnesota because he wants to be in his wife's home state and close to his own family, and that's fine, but he should've told Poile that. The honorable way to handle the situation would've been to tell Poile during the season "Listen man, my wife wants to go to Minnesota so that's where we're gonna go. Sorry. Get what you can for me." He could've given us the opportunity to trade him and get whatever return we could, then played for that team till the end of the season and gone to Minnesota as a UFA. Instead, he totally screwed us. The fans were mad anyway, but when Poile came out afterwards so obviously angry (which he never is), it cemented the idea in everyone's head that Suter is a dishonest jerk. Really, I think he's just a wimp.

Anyway, it's a damn shame for the game of hockey that Suter and Weber won't get to play through the prime of their careers together. Would've been really fun to watch.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Preds fan coming in peace here, to shed some light on our feelings for Suter from a Nashville perspective.

Everyone's beef with him isn't necessarily that he left (although we certainly don't like that), it's the manner in which he did it. He strung Poile along and made him believe that Nashville was right up there as one of his top choices when we really weren't, because he's a ***** and didn't want to get traded (which Poile surely would've done if he had known we had no shot at re-signing him). He came to Minnesota because he wants to be in his wife's home state and close to his own family, and that's fine, but he should've told Poile that. The honorable way to handle the situation would've been to tell Poile during the season "Listen man, my wife wants to go to Minnesota so that's where we're gonna go. Sorry. Get what you can for me." He could've given us the opportunity to trade him and get whatever return we could, then played for that team till the end of the season and gone to Minnesota as a UFA. Instead, he totally screwed us. The fans were mad anyway, but when Poile came out afterwards so obviously angry (which he never is), it cemented the idea in everyone's head that Suter is a dishonest jerk. Really, I think he's just a wimp.

Anyway, it's a damn shame for the game of hockey that Suter and Weber won't get to play through the prime of their careers together. Would've been really fun to watch.
Blame your management!!!! It was absolutely no secret at all during last season that Minnesota was going to go after Ryan Suter and it was made even more clear when Minnesota started clearing salary at the trade deadline what they were intending. Suter may very well have stayed in Nashville if Minnesota couldn't get the deal done but for Preds management to act shocked that Suter came to Minnesota is absurd.

Good luck tonight (but not much luck) and with the rest of your season, look forward to a spirited battle for those final playoff spots.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:39 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Wait... I essentially get flamed for wanting to try PMB up with Parise/Koivu, being told the PMB has been playing like absolute crap lately...

Then when Yeo makes him a healthy scratch, everyone wants to fire him?

Consistency.

I actually think that is a brilliant move, scratching two of your skilled guys for a grinding game against Nashville when you have to head home immediately afterwards to face...

Vancouver.

So tonight, we get to see a top line, a speed line, and two checking lines, one with a scorer against a team grinding their way through games.

Tomorrow, we get to see a top line, a bonafide second line, a speed line, and a single grinding line against a really skilled opponent. Two of our skill guys will be extra motivated and rested?

/shrug

I don't see how that is such a horrible thing in this compressed schedule.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:44 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:

I've said this a few times now: maybe he didn't wan't to move from Nashville until the d-day actually came. I would've been mad as a Pred fan if Suter would've done it for simply money but there were other things to consider as well. In the end he does not play for the fans, he plays for himself.

Old
03-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Dampland

vCash: 50
The Wild have traditionally come out slow/lame after a extended rest, so I expect them to be down 0-2 before the end of the 1st.

Can they generate enough offense in the remaining two periods to come back and win?

not against Nashville.

2-3 Nashville, and Clutterbuck gets in a fight when someone takes a whack at his injurd leg.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:46 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I've said this a few times now: maybe he didn't wan't to move from Nashville until the d-day actually came. I would've been mad as a Pred fan if Suter would've done it for simply money but there were other things to consider as well. In the end he does not play for the fans, he plays for himself.
I doubt it. Afterwards it came out that his wife had really been pushing him hard to move back to Minnesota. He pretty much led Poile on all year, then hid behind his wife's skirt.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Dampland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Wait... I actually think that is a brilliant move, scratching two of your skilled guys for a grinding game against Nashville when you have to head home immediately afterwards to face...

Vancouver.

So tonight, we get to see a top line, a speed line, and two checking lines, one with a scorer against a team grinding their way through games.

Tomorrow, we get to see a top line, a bonafide second line, a speed line, and a single grinding line against a really skilled opponent. Two of our skill guys will be extra motivated and rested?

/shrug

I don't see how that is such a horrible thing in this compressed schedule.

You are wrong wrong wrong! THe only way the Wild will win, and the only right thing that mentally challenged Yeo can do is play Granlund on all 4 lines, plus both PP units and the PKs. Also, Granlund should play goalie as well. Koivu, Parise, Coyle, Bordz and Cullen suck, so it Granlund should play about 40 minutes tonight so he gets 12 goals and 19 assists. That is the smart thing to do, Yeo and Fletcher are just too stupid to know it.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:54 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
I doubt it. Afterwards it came out that his wife had really been pushing him hard to move back to Minnesota. He pretty much led Poile on all year, then hid behind his wife's skirt.
I dare to doubt that. He's in a bad relationship if that's true.

Btw, I may have found the reason why Yeo scratched PMB. Here's a quote from Russo's blog:

PMB:
Quote:
“Not at all. Not at all. I feel very comfortable. I feel god out there, I feel good along the boards, I feel good in front of the net”

Old
03-09-2013, 02:57 PM
The Apt

Quote:

Do Preds fans believe Suter knew all along he was going to Minnesota well in advance? I am not entirely sure I believe that. Maybe he did, maybe not. I totally agree about Suter and Weber though. They were sure fun to watch together.

The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 02:59 PM
The Apt

Quote:
Oh I see. Is that so bad, though, if he was following his wifes wishes if true? Or I guess you're saying if he knew this he should have asked for a trade to Minnesota instead of leaving as an unrestricted free agent?

The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote