Notices

9 Mar 2013 - Wild @ Nashy - 7:00

Old
03-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Karl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Preds fan coming in peace here, to shed some light on our feelings for Suter from a Nashville perspective.

Everyone's beef with him isn't necessarily that he left (although we certainly don't like that), it's the manner in which he did it. He strung Poile along and made him believe that Nashville was right up there as one of his top choices when we really weren't, because he's a ***** and didn't want to get traded (which Poile surely would've done if he had known we had no shot at re-signing him). He came to Minnesota because he wants to be in his wife's home state and close to his own family, and that's fine, but he should've told Poile that. The honorable way to handle the situation would've been to tell Poile during the season "Listen man, my wife wants to go to Minnesota so that's where we're gonna go. Sorry. Get what you can for me." He could've given us the opportunity to trade him and get whatever return we could, then played for that team till the end of the season and gone to Minnesota as a UFA. Instead, he totally screwed us. The fans were mad anyway, but when Poile came out afterwards so obviously angry (which he never is), it cemented the idea in everyone's head that Suter is a dishonest jerk. Really, I think he's just a wimp.

Anyway, it's a damn shame for the game of hockey that Suter and Weber won't get to play through the prime of their careers together. Would've been really fun to watch.
I can understand the anger, I would be upset to. But what I want to know is are the majority of Preds fans also upset with Weber? He signed that offer sheet with the Flyers and pretty much held the team at gunpoint to pay him.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:19 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
Oh I see. Is that so bad, though, if he was following his wifes wishes if true? Or I guess you're saying if he knew this he should have asked for a trade to Minnesota instead of leaving as an unrestricted free agent?
It's not bad that he left, just how he did it. Minnesota probably wouldn't trade for him knowing Suter wanted to sign there as a UFA anyway. We probably would've traded him someplace else, then he would've signed with Minny in July. But it would've been nice to have had the opportunity to at least get something of value for him; instead, Poile obviously strongly believed he had a great chance to re-sign him, which he didn't, and we lost him for nothing. It hurts to lose a player like Suter regardless, but to lose him for nothing after being so optimistic about being able to retain him really sucks.

Anyway, just trying to shed light on our perspective. He'll definitely get a hostile reception tonight.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:26 PM
GMAN23
My grammer lacks

Why would you guys trade Suter last year? It seemed to me that Nashville thought they had a shot at winning the cup.

GMAN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:28 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
It's not bad that he left, just how he did it. Minnesota probably wouldn't trade for him knowing Suter wanted to sign there as a UFA anyway. We probably would've traded him someplace else, then he would've signed with Minny in July. But it would've been nice to have had the opportunity to at least get something of value for him; instead, Poile obviously strongly believed he had a great chance to re-sign him, which he didn't, and we lost him for nothing. It hurts to lose a player like Suter regardless, but to lose him for nothing after being so optimistic about being able to retain him really sucks.

Anyway, just trying to shed light on our perspective. He'll definitely get a hostile reception tonight.
Honestly I think Minnesota's management did not believe at times they were in the mix for either Suter or Parise. Or at best, Parise was considering them out of courtesy.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Sportserie

Quote:

What did Suter basically say for comments about resigning with the Preds?

Quote:
Honestly I think Minnesota's management did not believe at times they were in the mix for either Suter or Parise. Or at best, Parise was considering them out of courtesy.
I definitely agree. I have a NJ friend who laughed in my face when I suggested the Wild could sign Parise. He said no way, Parise wants to play for a winner. I told him you would be surprised what playing in Minnesota for a Minnesota native is all about and how other factors could be involved. He continued to laugh. After it happened he admitted he was too cocky to see this very strong reality.

I don't think anyone, Wild management included, believed they could land Parise or Suter, let alone, both.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 50
Granlund in the press box. Again.

Seriously, either play him where he is supposed to go or send his ass down to Houston. You are just James Shepparding him, which is BAD and not something I thought this regime would be stupid enough to do. I guess the lesson is to never underestimate someones potential for incompetence. Ugh.

So for tonight, I'm expecting Nashville to get between one and three goals in the first, we get one goal sometime between the start of the first and the end of the third, and the game ends 3-1. Somehow I think Suter is involved in our one and only goal.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

vCash: 827
Sheppard-Gomez-Clowe -line scored, goal by Gomez. What. Is. This. I. Dont. Even.....

Sharppi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Sportserie

I can't believe Granlund is healthy scratched again. Yeo, wtf are you doing.

Old
03-09-2013, 04:19 PM
melinko

I'm not as optimistic about this game as I hoped.

Its a bad idea to keep jerking Granlund around.

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:22 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I kind of feel bad for Nashville. This is supposed to be their big revenge game with Suter and on our end it's probably the third or fourth-best hockey option tonight.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I kind of feel bad for Nashville. This is supposed to be their big revenge game with Suter and on our end it's probably the third or fourth-best hockey option tonight.
No doubt. So much good hockey being played tonight. Love this state.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:36 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Yeah, my remote will be put to the test tonight for sure.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Minny91

Wild 5-2

Zucker (2), Clutterbuck, Suter, Parise

Suter: 1 G, 2 Apples to sush the Nashville mob

Minny91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Heh, so true.

Welcome to the state that produces the most NHL players in the game... there is a reason for this... it starts on those frozen ponds when the boys are 4/5 years old. We watch every age group. This hockey state rocks.

Old
03-09-2013, 05:20 PM
fgobuzz

Bad management from NAS. If they weren't positive that they could re-sign Suter they should have traded him. If they re-sign him after that, then they have the spoils from the trade as well as him back in the fold. To not pull the trigger is a failure of management the same as the Wild not trading Gaborik before he could get hurt again.

fgobuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:37 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i'm just guessing here but i think a few Pred fans would justify still lovin' up on Weber because if Suter hadn't left--they think--Weber wouldn't have signed the Philly offer sheet. So not only did Suter leave, his departure almost cost them Weber (or at the very least jacked Weber's price up).

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgobuzz View Post
Bad management from NAS. If they weren't positive that they could re-sign Suter they should have traded him. If they re-sign him after that, then they have the spoils from the trade as well as him back in the fold. To not pull the trigger is a failure of management the same as the Wild not trading Gaborik before he could get hurt again.
Exactly.

I also find it interesting how Devils fans refuse to blame Lou for the handling of Parise either. Heck, management backed away from him a bit when he got the knee injury. Why aren't the Devils and Preds management blamed for what happened with both players? Lots of things went into the entire process. Blame within, too.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:01 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Parise is due for a big game. Wild win 4-1, 2 goals for Zach with 2 helpers from the ex-Pred.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
Oh I see. Is that so bad, though, if he was following his wifes wishes if true? Or I guess you're saying if he knew this he should have asked for a trade to Minnesota instead of leaving as an unrestricted free agent?
Yes, this is it. We feel Suter was not upfront and honest about his intentions. Moving where your wife wants to go is 100% understandable, and I don't blame Suter at all. In the post-signing press conference, Poile said Suter "never even mentioned" his wife's wishes. You'd think that would have come up in conversation.

Our issue is not with him leaving, it's with him not telling Poile he was leaving.

As a side note, the rumor is that he said it would help his decision if we made moves at the deadling, so Poile blew last years 1st and 2nd, plus this years 2nd, to get Gaustad, Gill, and AK, plus brought back Radulov. Many of us feel without Suter pushing Poile to make moves we would have never dealt our 1st for Gaustad. Side note mostly based on rumor, but worth mentioning.

Good luck tonight.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 03-09-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:07 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Might watch Duke/Carolina instead.

Edit: Who am I kidding, I'll be glued to the Mild torture

Hope the game is watchable!

Granlund eating popcorn again, what a fatty.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Yes, this is it. We feel Suter was no upfront and honest about his intentions. Moving where your wife wants to go is 100% understandible, and I don't blame Suter at all. In the post-signing press conference, Poile said Suter "never even mentioned" his wife's wishes. You'd think that would have come up in conversation.

Our issue is not with him leaving, it's with him not telling Poile he was leaving.

As a side note, the rumor is that he said it would help his decision if we made moves at the deadling, so Poile blew last years 1st and 2nd, plus this years 2nd, to get Gaustad, Gill, and AK, plus brought back Radulov. Many of us feel without Suter pushing Poile to make moves we would have never dealt our 1st for Gaustad. Side note mostly based on rumor, but worth mentioning.

Good luck tonight.
Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense. I am so sorry that the Suter situation screwed with your club. I loved watching Weber and Suter playing together, too.

I wish you guys the best of luck now and in the future.

Old
03-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Yes, this is it. We feel Suter was not upfront and honest about his intentions. Moving where your wife wants to go is 100% understandable, and I don't blame Suter at all. In the post-signing press conference, Poile said Suter "never even mentioned" his wife's wishes. You'd think that would have come up in conversation.

Good luck tonight.
Did Suter sign an extension with Nashville? Did he ask for one? No? Then i must say again to blame your management cuz the writing was on the wall.

I will give Poile credit for the PR job he has done to get a fan base to believe he didn't screw up royally though.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
Did Suter sign an extension with Nashville? Did he ask for one? No? Then i must say again to blame your management cuz the writing was on the wall.

I will give Poile credit for the PR job he has done to get a fan base to believe he didn't screw up royally though.
Oh, believe me, we aren't happy with Poile either. He should have traded Suter for a good return at the deadline. But Poile's press conference after Suter left was the most emotional we have ever seen him. He clearly felt as betrayed as we did.

For the record, Suter quotes during last season:

Quote:
"I told Nashville I want to be there, I love living in Nashville. My family loves it there. It's a great place to raise a family. Everything is good in Nashville, so it's not like I don't like Nashville and I'm not signing because of that. It's just that right now we don't need that distraction. As long as we keep winning, everything is going to take care of itself."

"I never said that [test the open market] and I don't want to right now, I want to focus on playing for Nashville. We've got a good team and if we can add a couple of pieces here and there I think we have a legitimate chance of going to win the Stanley Cup."

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Fallenity

I might actually hope that the Wild lose tonight, so that Yeo is forced to play Granlund either here or in Houston... in some strange way.

Or I dunno, why has the development of Granlund be made into such a problem by Yeo. You don't see other teams sitting their best prospects in the press box, especially after they've had good games. Where's the logic? Can we pressure Russo to ask Yeo about that?

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 435
Russo seems to have gotten to be a nut jocker of the organization more since he is on TV during intermissions. He still is brutally honest in a tweet here and there, but I wouldn't expect him to ruffle feathers now that he has some sort of gig with FSN from time to time.

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote