HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Does United Cycle have an end of year hockey sale?

Old
04-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Delicious Pancakes

vCash: 500
OT: Does United Cycle have an end of year hockey sale?

I need to get some new hockey equipment; specifically shin pads, elbow pads and a new helmet. Does United Cycle have any sales to end the year? Or are there ever any clearance prices before they get their new stuff in? What about other hockey stores around town?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Delicious Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:29 PM
fysloc

vCash: 50
I would like to know this too, looking for skates for next winter (doesn't have to be hockey skates, just skates)

fysloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 400
I remember going to one at United Cycle ~5 years ago. I got a hockey bag for like $5. They also had various other limited # type deals (sticks, skates etc.) Other than that everything was slightly marked down.

If you are just looking for cheap gear for beer league / coaching / etc. I would recommend Totem. Since I quit playing "competitive" hockey it has been my go to. I got a pair of used mid-range Easton shoulder pads (I don't think they were ever worn) for $35 this fall and have bought all my gear either used or new from them for the last 10 years.

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Dave

I've gone to a few door crasher sales at united cycle before to pick up hockey gear. Usually go for sticks, but I got a pair of skates ($200, reg $600) one year, and they usually have all gear on sale. IIRC the sale was always late in the summer or in the early fall, aug-sept. They release their flyers online of all the deals. You're limited on the number of items you can take, and there's people camping out at like 4am, doors open at 9 I believe. The two or three times I went to it, there was always the same family camped out first in line. If you can it's not a bad idea to bring someone with you who doesn't want anything, they can grab extra items/duplicates.

I found an old flyer of theirs from one of their sales and it happened on aug8. I'd suggest calling them and asking.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 01:23 PM
timekeep

The two best places for higher end equipment are United Cycle and Hockey for Life. If you want cheaper check out Sport Chek.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Delicious Pancakes

Thanks for the responses

Delicious Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote