HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alain Vigneault/coaching discussion thread - Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 01:25 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Heck of a good post. Lol you snuck in your TLDR and I didn't notice. I take back my praise
What does that stand for?

I asked before and I guess I lost track of the answer.

Someone help me.

TL;DR what does that mean?

Old
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

Someone help me.

Too long; didn't read.

03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:

Someone help me.

too long; didn't read

Old
03-11-2013, 01:28 PM
PRNuck

Quote:

Someone help me.

"too long, didn't read" You can put it at the end of a long post to sum it up, because traditionally it's the snarky response to a really long post.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:28 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Too long; didn't read.
Thank you.

I didn't know there was a lazy acronym for being lazy on an internet message board LOL (I know that one...haha).

Old
03-11-2013, 01:44 PM
CanuckCity

Line-Juggling

As much as i loved it before it has become a major downfall. The only line that stays the same for more than one game is sedins and burr. How are players supposed to develop chemistry this way? We have an elite team in terms of our players but we have zero chemistry.

Imo lines should be given at least 2-3 games (depending on performance) before being changed. On that note i think the sedins need a new partner; i love burr and they have proven success but that line needs a new look. Good teams know how to shut them down and they have been on the decline production wise. Kassian, Booth, Kes would be my top 3 to take that position.

I think the players need to be broken down individually based on their strengths (and weaknesses). From this develop lines that have the potential to gel and produce.

For ex.

kesler: elite shot, strength, and speed. lacks creativity and vision
booth: elite speed, good strength, lacks a shot and finish to a degree
Raymond: elite speed, great shot, vision, and creativity but lacks size and can be soft on the puck

etc etc and use this to develop the lines. Then give them 5 or so games to develop some effin chemistry

Old
03-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
When you're criticized by Henrik and Daniel on consecutive days...

..is the pushup story true? If so, its childish up to 30, its delusional at 150. You simply don't do that, esp. To future Hall of Famers. Not to mention how it would be awful prep for a game.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:59 PM
xtra

Im late to the party but this team is done with AV, even though i think hes a great coach the team needs a shakeup via either a monster trade or firing and i know which one i am leaning towards

Old
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
When you're criticized by Henrik and Daniel on consecutive days...

..is the pushup story true? If so, its childish up to 30, its delusional at 150. You simply don't do that, esp. To future Hall of Famers. Not to mention how it would be awful prep for a game.
The funny thing is, the major gripe is that he doesn't motivate the players. I think not wanting to do pushups for mistakes like a bunch of peewees would motivate them not to screw up, no?

Old
03-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
The funny thing is, the major gripe is that he doesn't motivate the players. I think not wanting to do pushups for mistakes like a bunch of peewees would motivate them not to screw up, no?
It wouldn't motivate me, would just make me think the coach is a lazy POS that can't come up with anything better. What's more ridiculous is the situation that he's doing this in — he has the worst possible PP setup as the players are completely stationary and he's using players like Schroder on the point. Maybe he should be doing the push-ups with them because he's doing a ****tier job than they are?

Add to that the comments by Daniel (or Henrik?) and Booth about the way they're being asked to play and it doesn't sound to me like they're satisfied with what he's asking of them.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Old
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
Im late to the party but this team is done with AV, even though i think hes a great coach the team needs a shakeup via either a monster trade or firing and i know which one i am leaning towards
Why not trade some core players? Oh, they all have NTC's (excepting Edler). I guess to make change the coach gets the axe.

Old
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It wouldn't motivate me, would just make me think the coach is a lazy POS that can't come up with anything better.
Especially when you look at thie personel they have been using. We cut down on our options by simply not using are parts in the best manor. A long time ago, I was a manager at a kitchen, and saying goes, have your aces in the places, and we just dont.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Damn man...you one of the Canucks players or training staff? I didn't realize it to the detail you have posted, but this seems to be the problem.

Farhan seems to think AV will be given the season. I tend to agree with him.
I agree with this as well. IMO, there are two scenarios in which AV (and possibly Gillis) is fired:

1) We miss the playoffs.
2) Another early exit in the playoffs.

Anything short of those, and he sticks around, from where I sit.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
I agree with this as well. IMO, there are two scenarios in which AV (and possibly Gillis) is fired:

1) We miss the playoffs.
2) Another early exit in the playoffs.

Anything short of those, and he sticks around, from where I sit.
The mere fact that Farhan even entertained the idea gives you a feeling for where the situation is right now. He talks to the players, coaches, GM, etc. (That's not to say he has an inside track on any news, just that he would get a feel for whether that's even a remote possibility or not.)

Old
03-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
The mere fact that Farhan even entertained the idea gives you a feeling for where the situation is right now. He talks to the players, coaches, GM, etc. (That's not to say he has an inside track on any news, just that he would get a feel for whether that's even a remote possibility or not.)
Oh, I agree. If I had to guess at the inner workings right now, I'd say Aquilini is starting to get impatient, whereas Gillis is wanting to maintain a steady hand on the wheel to see if the team pulls through.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
stickside

gillis needs to get on the phone to his buddy iain macintyre @ the vancouver sun and get a story run about how gillis isn't a proponent of making coaching changes in the middle of the season.

once the players and fans read it they'll stop trying to get AV fired and play out the season.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
professorchaos

Will Ballard's pass to Garrison for a wicked one-timer light any lightbulbs above the heads of the coaching staff? Considering how they refused to use Ballard with Edler after one their dominant shifts last year, I wonder.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Oh, I agree. If I had to guess at the inner workings right now, I'd say Aquilini is starting to get impatient, whereas Gillis is wanting to maintain a steady hand on the wheel to see if the team pulls through.
It isn't AV that might be feeling the heat. *IF* Aquilini is getting impatient, it isn't AV that will be on his mind but the guy (Gillis) making the decisions (including keeping AV as coach).

That will be the thing that forces Gillis' hand.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
CanuckCity

Powerplay

We need more creativity from the back-end and a true offensive dman. Since erhoff has left it hasn't been the same. Edler is being asked to do too much and it is showing. He is not a true offensive dman.

Ballard imo is the most creative dman we have yet he is never on the pp. Was he not originally brought here as a puck-moving OFD? Garrsion stands there and the players ignore him as if doesn't exist, Barker has above-average offensive skills and is very good at getting it on net or at least by the 1st man, and yet these guys never get any legitimate pp time.

And then we have Edler; i hate ripping on the guy but he's not doing himself any favours. He is extremely greedy, always seems to have his shots blocked or go wide, and the only vision i see out of him is passing to one of the sedins on the half-wall.

My fix: get edler out of there so he can focus on his defensive game for awhile and get out of the spotlight then put a combination of lets say ballard&garrison and bieksa/hamhuis & barker (if he's in the lineup). Stick kassian or booth in front of the net and let the guys get creative. Why stick to a system that is horribly failing. The pp is the time to let the guys play.

As for the deadline if we could snag lubo or streit i think that would do wonders for Edler, the pp and the defense as a whole. The other option would be someone like corvo; either a righty DFD or OFD

Old
03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
It wouldn't motivate me, would just make me think the coach is a lazy POS that can't come up with anything better. What's more ridiculous is the situation that he's doing this in he has the worst possible PP setup as the players are completely stationary and he's using players like Schroder on the point. Maybe he should be doing the push-ups with them because he's doing a ****tier job than they are?

Add to that the comments by Daniel (or Henrik?) and Booth about the way they're being asked to play and it doesn't sound to me like they're satisfied with what he's asking of them.
This part is big. I can't recall something like this happening before.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
It isn't AV that might be feeling the heat. *IF* Aquilini is getting impatient, it isn't AV that will be on his mind but the guy (Gillis) making the decisions (including keeping AV as coach).

That will be the thing that forces Gillis' hand.
I doubt it. I think Aquilini and Gillis are pretty tight overall. Just how Pegula forced the firing of Ruff, Aquilini might force the firing of AV.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Canadian Gold X3
It is what it is.

What exactly is an "early exit"?
Is it 1st or 2nd round?

Old
03-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Spectrefire

I think if we fall out of a playoff spot in the next couple of games, Aquillini might force Gillis's hand on AV.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:19 PM
stickside

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
What exactly is an "early exit"?
Is it 1st or 2nd round?
depends when/if we play chicago

Closed Thread