HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Penguins vs. Leafs in a Pond Hockey Game

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 09:09 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashsoccer37 View Post
+ Going 7-3-0 in the last 10 games despite giving up 40 goals. We clearly have some things to work on like Cole said earlier (mainly our passive PK), but we are crushing teams 5 on 5. If we can devote the next few weeks to becoming more aggressive on the PK, I think we can beat out Boston for the top Eastern Conference seed.

+ Sid/Phaneuf matchup... That was a great, physical matchup to watch. Phaneuf has been a beast lately, and would have looked like a total beast again tonight against any other player, but Sid was on a different planet. Seeing him dominate all over the ice, but especially along the boards tonight shows that he is clearly 100%

+ Refs keeping the whistles in their pockets. Felt like we really benefited from a few non-calls. Sid's trip looked like a legit trip to me, even though they may not jive with some here. I think we tripped Kessel twice in the third that wasn't called. I'm not talking about Reimer's dive either, that was BS. Another PP for Toronto may have ended this game in regulation.

+ MAF in the shootout.. He is just a beast in the shootout. And those shots by Neal and Crosby were silk.

+ MacArthur shot... Curl and drag with a defenseman screening, off the post and in. Sick shot. That shot was slightly Ovechkinish

- Letting JVR make the crease his office. He had his legs up on the desk and everything. JVR was primarily responsible for both their PP goals.
Every team has things to work on. The problem is that we supposedly work and work and work some more on the same ****, and it doesn't get better.

Oh, and kudos to Jiggy for daring to suggest a little while ago that a guy like MacArthur might be a nice Plan C/D type guy for Sid and Kunitz.

Old
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

For anyone who cares, WBS also won in OT off of a powerplay goal from Paul Thompson.

After the goal, as the teams were skating off, Portland's goalie Mike Lee completely lost his mind and attacked Bobby Farnham.

Old
leafspensfan

so what's up with the Cyborg Geno?

Old
03-09-2013, 09:11 PM
plaidchuck

Wow if PP and PK would show up the game would have been 5-1.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post
good game

but much does Mario pay the refs?
why is Kadri so weak on his skates?

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:
good game

Less than what it takes to buy a skate sharpener.

Old
66-29-33

Quote:
good game

Sore loser? the refs put away the whistles, nothing was called for both sides.

Old
mpp9

Cooke, TK and Glass can go any time now.

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
This team has allot of issues right now with the PK and MAF. Not saying MAF has had a bad year but its hard to feel real comfortable with him feels like he could blow up at any time. Does anybody have any idea what DB thinking to have Letang on PP instead of Martin? When a coach makes a dumb decision you can at least figure out what hes thinking for doing something but i have no idea what his line of thinking is on this. By the way cant see us winning tomorrow such an emotional game tonight cant imagine pens having much left in tank tom.
I personally want to see Beau-ner on the PP. IMO, third best passer on the team . . . right now.

One quick thing on the PP: WTF is with Geno thinking Letang is NOT going to put those passes into his feet. Sorry, Geno, you got to adjust and assume Letang won't pass like Gonch used to.

EDIT: Looks like Beau-ner got jobbed on his goal.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:13 PM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
Good game . Wish OT was longer and they just scrap the shoot out.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:13 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
Or if they were coached up.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

++ Not listening to Steigy and Errey in what was one of the most entertaining games all year if not the most entertaining. Hughson is a boss; Mario needs to make him an offer / build him a big house in Pittsburgh. The color guys for CBC are always Leaf homers but they were in check most of the night and either way light years ahead of Errey. I frickin' love most of these NHL Network / NBC games. I think I've had to listen to Steigerdunce and Err-head twice all year.

+ Crosby... frickin everywhere making stuff happen constantly, not just the points. And we are DAMN L-U-C-K-Y he's not sitting in a dark room right now. He was a few degrees away from slamming his head right into that board and near full-speed. Would've been a ****ing disaster. The other guy is also lucky he didn't get cut by Sid's skate on that same play. Disaster avoided for both teams.

+ Beauner has arrived.

+ Neal was skating hard the whole game. Almost got caught taking a dumb penalty again but much better tonight than vs. Philly. Shootout chops are sick, bro! (I feel young now.)

+ Fleury... can really blame him for a couple of those screened goals. JVR was all over him.

+ JVR (let's be fair... he was a force out there -- glad he's no longer a Flyer).

+ Niskanen / Elmer / Letang / Martin all made some nice plays, nothing majorly bone-headed that I saw (although I missed about 10 minutes worth of playing time).

+ A great rivalry is born this year, IMO. Leafs games are going to be great the next couple years. Maybe better than Flyers games at the rate things are going. Far less monkey-business, way more intense hockey.

Old
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Not just a top six hockey IQ. He's got the IQ to play with Geno. Not easy task to do it. Geno trusts him. Too bad Bylsma doesn't trust him on say the PP.
Kunitz has been unbelievable this year, nobody is going to deny that. But wouldn't we be so much more dynamic with this kid out there instead?

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I personally want to see Beau-ner on the PP. IMO, third best passer on the team . . . right now.

One quick thing on the PP: WTF is with Geno thinking Letang is NOT going to put those passes into his feet. Sorry, Geno, you got to adjust and assume Letang won't pass like Gonch used to.

EDIT: Looks like Beau-ner got jobbed on his goal.
Letang's such an anomaly. You can tell he hates shooting because it's going to get blocked, but he's still a force offensively.

Every time I see the #10 on the ice, I get chest pains.

Old
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
For anyone who cares, WBS also won in OT off of a powerplay goal from Paul Thompson.

After the goal, as the teams were skating off, Portland's goalie Mike Lee completely lost his mind and attacked Bobby Farnham.
this Mike Lee?

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
Good game . Wish OT was longer and they just scrap the shoot out.
But, if the refs showed, then the Leafs would've been called a half dozen times a period for interference.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Hello Newman*

soon as Steigy or Errey said Kessel has been invisible so far, i knew he would tie the game up. These two always seem to jinx.

P.S. how can anyone like Tanner Glass. Even ****ing Winnipeg didn't want him and now we know why.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
gogasson

+ Bennet, just lovin it, what a pass to Malkin, too bad Geno doesn't return the favor
+Letang
+Martin

- 3rd and 4th lines. Please Joe, get out of the dog house soon
-Fleury, sorry, I'm out of patience, I'm tired of seeing him flopping around on the ice taking himself out of plays. Give me a standup goalie
- Faceoff circle, all of a sudden, we suck at faceoffs

Sid deserves a new category above the plus

Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Letang's such an anomaly. You can tell he hates shooting because it's going to get blocked, but he's still a force offensively.

Every time I see the #10 on the ice, I get chest pains.
And yet he keeps on playing. Let's be honest . . . if the two guys who sit tomorrow are based on the merits alone, then #10 and #5 sit.

Old
Jag68Sid87

- Did Matt Cooke even dress tonight?

- On a positive note, I think Kennedy is playing better. His value is moving upward, which is good.

- I HATE the fact teams like Toronto wear us down. I know hits are unofficial and largely subjective but CBC showed late in period 3 that the hits were something like 30-27 Leafs. And it sure looked that way, too.

-I hate even more the fact both superstars took huge hits tonight. This SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. Trade Glass to Buffalo for Scott. Trade Vitale to Minnesota for Konopka. This B.S. has to stop.

- I am pretty sure Eaton sat tonight because we play back to backs this weekend. I'm sure he'll be back in tomorrow night, and quite honestly we need him. Course, Disco only scratches two D-men and Bortuzzo is already out so, we all know who sits tomorrow.

- Phil Kessel was free to do whatever the hell he wanted in the third period. Completely unacceptable on so many levels.

- Fleury is completely untrustworthy. Seriously, as long as he's our starter, we'll always be a little behind all the main Cup contenders. He fights pucks he has no business fighting!

I wish we fought opponents the way Fleury fights the puck.

Old
03-09-2013, 09:17 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogasson View Post
+ Bennet, just lovin it, what a pass to Malkin, too bad Geno doesn't return the favor
+Letang
+Martin

- 3rd and 4th lines. Please Joe, get out of the dog house soon
-Fleury, sorry, I'm out of patience, I'm tired of seeing him flopping around on the ice taking himself out of plays. Give me a standup goalie
- Faceoff circle, all of a sudden, we suck at faceoffs

Sid deserves a new category above the plus
Oh dear God . . .

Old
GrouperTrooper

- the 4th line matchup against the top line. I didnt watch if it was all game but it was the case on the tying goal. If that was DB's bright ideal well I dont know what to say.

+Semin was right. Sid has no flash, the guy has turned his game into pure robotic dominance.

Old
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
this Mike Lee?
Yep, Farnham must've brought that thread up.

Old
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

I didn't think I could be this mad after a Pens loss. Can this team ever win without giving up 3+ goals a game? Pathetic. This will absolutely not cut it in the postseason. If this keeps up, it's another 1 and done.

Old
KIRK

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet

Bylsma says Malkin kept out of game as a precaution after hit by JVR.

Closed Thread