HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Penguins vs. Leafs in a Pond Hockey Game

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2013, 10:14 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Not at all.

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Kulemin-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy/Jeffrey
This is the correct line-ups. We would just need one more piece called, Clutterbuck.

Then if we could shore up our D (getting a real good defensive defenseman), then we would win the Cup.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:15 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
So, fine, we'll add in Kennedy . . .
This game infuriated me more than any game in a while, and I'm basically including the Philly debacle last spring.

They way it ended was just needless.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:16 PM
chethejet

fourth line just has no offensive capability yet they give up goals at critical times. Adams is just so slow now. Cooke is just playing at low gear. Kennedy brings some speed, but he has no idea what to do with the puck. Simply stated Shero and Bylsma have let this roster just get stale and average in to many spots. Time for Mario to have a sit down with both of them. Obviously they told Mario they would address the issues that killed them in the playoffs. Well they haven't.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
A very little bit here and there, but you can see the confidence growing.
He can rip the puck to. He has a hard one timer and a quick snap shot, but he is hesitating a little.

Those are confidence things and will come.

Quote:
Question: How do you think BB would look for Sid and Kunitz? IMO, better, because he wouldn't be forced by the other winger to do an unfair share of the physical work.
BB can play with Crosby I'm sure. He sees the ice so well and moves the puck quickly. It's just a matter of foot speed. Neal and Malkin aren't blazers, so that was another reason I felt he would click with them.

I'm sure he could keep up with Crosby though.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
fourth line just has no offensive capability yet they give up goals at critical times.
Bylsma intentionally matches them against other teams' best lines. They've been mediocre, but they've also been put in position to fail.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:20 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
This game infuriated me more than any game in a while, and I'm basically including the Philly debacle last spring.

They way it ended was just needless.
Funny, I just saw it as an extension of a lot of the red flags from that debacle.

P.S.: You forgot to say 'And Orpik sucks'.

Old
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Lots of Kennedy hate again tonight-except I thought he played another decent game-especially in the 3rd.

Kennedy as he is playing the last few games could be a decent replacement for Glass on the 4th line at least...

And yes that's a huge improvement on the last 20 games as he has earned the hate for sure with his slacker play, but he looks to be turning it around a bit.

Old
Sideline

Orpik is no longer a top 4 quality defender. Craig Adams and Tanner Glass are playing like hot garbage.

Despres, Vitale, and Jeffrey are better hockey player. Bylsma will never admit that. Shero needs to take away his toys.

Old
Terrapin

I didn't read any of the comments, so I"m sure some of these have already been mentioned.

+ Sid. What can you say? Best player in the world, by far. Just incredible. So much fun to watch.
+ Bennett. He makes that 2nd line look really dangerous.
+ Despres & Engelland. Solid game from both of them.
+ Martin played well.
+ Getting the 2 pts.

- Fleury. Made some big saves, and was great in the shootout. Still allowed 4 goals though.

- 4th line. I'm lumping them all together, cause all 3 of them suck. Hey, I can accept the fact that they'll never score a goal. But at least kill a few seconds in the offensive zone once in a while. Actually Glass did have a few chances tonight, but as a whole they sucked. Did Jeffrey even play? Why is he in over Vitale again?

- Penalty kill. I don't know if it's scheme or what, but the strategy seems to be to let someone stand right in front of the goal for as long as they want. Orpik absolutely refuses to move anyone. Martin and Nisky can't move anyone. It's pathetic. Although I don't think it was a coincidence that the one they killed, Orpik was in the box.

- Which brings me to Orpik. I honestly wouldn't be sad if we traded him for a pick. I almost gave him a '+', just for taking that penalty. You knew the Leafs would get a call in the 3rd, and who better to sacrifice himself for the team than Orpik? I'm astonished that he gets as much ice time as he does.

- Sid and Geno once again getting hammered, and Geno possibly being hurt. Yeah, it doesn't take Nostradamus to predict that teams are going to assault those two every game. And it's also not hard to predict that nobody from our team will ever even think about hitting another teams star player. Thank God it's a shortened season, cause this team of softies would never make it through 82 games.

Old
IcedCapp
You're wrong. :(

Thought you guys might like this, The Great One on Sid, via Pierre LeBrun

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/90...t-player-world

Old
03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Gutchecktime

Weird to see so many people saying good things about Toronto.

Fun game to watch. Sidney Crosby is simply incredible. You folks are lucky.

Oh, and someone said they were for the Penguins getting Stempniak? You don't want Stempniak.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
And a quicker release. Taking way to long to get gimme one timers off.
That will come with comfort. Him taking that split second to shoot is just evidence he isn't fully adapted to the speed of the game yet.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
He can rip the puck to. He has a hard one timer and a quick snap shot, but he is hesitating a little.

Those are confidence things and will come.

BB can play with Crosby I'm sure. He sees the ice so well and moves the puck quickly. It's just a matter of foot speed. Neal and Malkin aren't blazers, so that was another reason I felt he would click with them.

I'm sure he could keep up with Crosby though.
Reason I asked is because I replied to your comment about MacArthur likely being kept by saying now-- and especially when Lupul comes back-- the guy more likely could be moved is Kulie but that the problem is the ideal spot for him is now taken.

To that, someone replied that Kunitz-Sid-BB and Kulie-Geno-Neal would work quite well if there's no big pickup.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:24 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Orpik is no longer a top 4 quality defender. Craig Adams and Tanner Glass are playing like hot garbage.

Despres, Vitale, and Jeffrey are better hockey player. Bylsma will never admit that. Shero needs to take away his toys.
Bylsma won't admit a lot of things. That's the problem.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Terrapin

And with all the talk about getting a big time winger for Sid or Geno, I'll say this. This team would be better served getting some new wingers for the bottom 6. The top two lines are fine. The bottom two are embarrassingly awful.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:27 PM
IcedCapp
You're wrong. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
And with all the talk about getting a big time winger for Sid or Geno, I'll say this. This team would be better served getting some new wingers for the bottom 6. The top two lines are fine. The bottom two are embarrassingly awful.
part of wanting a top-6 winger is getting Dupuis onto the 3rd line.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Reason I asked is because I replied to your comment about MacArthur likely being kept by saying now-- and especially when Lupul comes back-- the guy more likely could be moved is Kulie but that the problem is the ideal spot for him is now taken.

To that, someone replied that Kunitz-Sid-BB and Kulie-Geno-Neal would work quite well if there's no big pickup.
It's hard to know what Toronto will do. They need a first line pivot. I'm not sure how you get Kumy out of there.

I'm just thinking of options that won't be costly...

Kunitz Crosby Stempniak
BB Malkin Neal
Cooke Sutter Dupuis
Who cares Vitale Who cares

Old
03-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Sideline

Quote:
If you get Sid a right winger then Dupuis can drop down to L3 and fix that line. Playing Vitale over Glass or Admas would add some desperately needed speed there.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:29 PM
KIRK

Quote:
A top six winger is a must.

It has the side effect of allowing you to slide Dupuis to a more ideal L3 RW position.

That said, I have no problem with anyone who sees replacing the L3 LW and L4 LW as needs.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:29 PM
bathroomSTAAL
Tylenol and beer

Quote:
Agreed 100%. Sutter has had some good games and Kennedy has improved from being the worst player in the league but they still need a lot more work than the scoring lines

Old
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
It's hard to know what Toronto will do. They need a first line pivot. I'm not sure how you get Kumy out of there.

I'm just thinking of options that won't be costly...

Kunitz Crosby Stempniak
BB Malkin Neal
Cooke Sutter Dupuis
Who cares Vitale Who cares
I used to think that was the ideal third line. But for Glass and Orpik, my ire would most directly be aimed at Cooke right now.

Cooke and TK for Clutterbuck works for me . . .

Old
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM
vodeni

Quote:
i am getting more and more comfortable with this approach

Old
03-09-2013, 10:34 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodeni View Post
i am getting more and more comfortable with this approach
That's up to Shero now.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Sideline

Quote:
I used to think that was the ideal third line. But for Glass and Orpik, my ire would most directly be aimed at Cooke right now.
Cooke gets a pass with me. He's played some good hockey this year despite his current slump.

Glass has no track record in this system so I can see arguing for patience with him. I'm not feeling very patient right now, but I digress...

Orpik's decline has been steady since the Cup run. He's playing purely on reputation right now. Eaton and Despres have both been better than him.

Old
03-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Random Oracle

vCash: 50
Remember early in the season when the 4th line were able to keep the puck in the offensive zone and get an almost automatic + in the PGTs? What happened to them; is it just benching Vitale?

Closed Thread