HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks @ Streakbusters 6 MT |da da, da da, Da Dum| NHL 04 Style

Old
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
AvsFanJosh

vCash: 50
Forsberg and Sakic are my favorite players, but I never got to see to much of them growing up because I was a lot younger, but I watched Duchene get drafted and have been following with whole career, so hes definetly up there as a high favorite

AvsFanJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:58 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

vCash: 500
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...ene-smart-idea

Trade his ass!

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
"YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!" - Mike Haynes
I thought he was gonna channel John Kelly there for a second and break out the Thank You, Thank you, Thank You!

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Unaffiliated

Duchene is definitely moving up fast for me. Took a little step back last season but damnnnn he's so exciting to watch.

Sakic, Lappy, and Foppa still a pretty firm top 3 for me though.

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tucker3434
HFBoards Sponsor

I was in the bathroom! I made my fiancé rewind and pretend that nothing had happened. Now for celebratory scotch.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Congo Jack
Get lost Pavarotti!

We are never going to see Barrie play again are we?

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:00 PM
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Eh, he's had a bad couple of games but he's probably still pretty out of shape and being asked to play a lot of big mintues. I don't think he's used to the speed yet, but yea he's got to get better.

Holy crap though Duchene is red hot. So awesome to see him working so hard out there and getting rewarded.
I have never been so out of shape that I shot right into shin pads.

I can see why St Louis gave up on him. He is a frustrating player. He isn't a bad player by any stretch. He is a solid top 4, but there should be more there.

I thought Wilson was great tonight. If he could stay healthy he is a Bieksa type player. Solid top 4 guy.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

2nd straight game I miss and the avs win 2, coincidence?

Looks like Duchene has fully recovered from his groin injury and is back to beasting it. By next week he'll be out scoring Jesus... I mean Tavares.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:02 PM
ghostofweezman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

I can see why St Louis gave up on him. He is a frustrating player. He isn't a bad player by any stretch. He is a solid top 4, but there should be more there.

I thought Wilson was great tonight. If he could stay healthy he is a Bieksa type player. Solid top 4 guy.
You are aware that the AVs won the game right?

ghostofweezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Mifroid

Oh yeah... that was amazing. SO AMAZING. Duchene is the most amazing player I've ever seen play. I mean, he is so exciting to watch. He'll start from his own zone and get a breakaway. So fast.

Mifroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
I have to say... I think he's taking over Roy's spot on my all-time favorite.
He's the reason I got into hockey but I was too young to be there for the beginning of his career and I didn't jump on until 98 so I missed a lot of it.
Duchene blows me away AND he's actually a great person, Roy was kind of a jackass
Whoa what a game! Duchene is playing out of this world.

I hear ya about him becoming a favorite - fast. What really draws me to him is not only he a legitimately good guy, but he grew up a die hard fan of the Avs. I mean... that is SO beyond special. Frankly, I don't understand why that isn't played up more by marketing/team.

It feels good having the Avs back.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

Oh, I didn't know that was the play you were referring to. Yea, that's EJ's biggest achilles heel. He takes too long to wind up, and he can't get the puck past the forward. Blue's fans complained about it all the time, and it almost cost them on that turnover tonight.

He needs to work and work and work at it, it's a learnable aspect to the game. He really needs another offensive guy though, who can take more of those shots, and maybe set him up with a little more time and space to get shots on net.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

THANK YOU VARLY and THANK YOU MATTY D!!!! You guys are awesome!

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
benzino

Bah I missed this game. So Duchene our nr 1 center lead us in icetime at 22:44 closely followed by our nr 1 d-man Hunwick at 22:43...

benzino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Oh what a game.

- Duchene is the man. Nothing more needs to be said. Kid is unreal.

- Paranteau is the man #2. Watching the guy play is a treat to watch. He has so much patience with the puck and can force defenders into a tough spot. He was the reason for the OT goal. I called the PAP signing last summer about a month before July 1st, and at the time I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, I thought he was the product of Tavare.... Boy was I wrong. Brilliant signing. Possible the best since the 04/05 lockout.

- ROR once again with a solid showing. He and Mitchell are on the verge of exploding IMO. Only 5 games together and they already seem to have solid chemistry. Who would have though Mitchell had this kind of talent, he almost looks like a Top 6 player out there for us.

- EJ and Wilson played very well together, first and 2nd games back and they didn't have any brain farts. both were +1 moving EJ to +5 in his 2 games back with us.

- And finally, Varlamov was once again fantastic. He's put a string of 3-4 good games together now, this is what we need out of him. Rather then the 40 save shutout one night, then 4 goals on 22 shots the next, we just need steady solid play and he is providing that right now.

Damn good game all around. 2 Wins in a row against the best team in the NHL, and one that on paper should be top 5. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:09 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Not sure where Matty D ranks, but the McGinn-Dutch-PAP line is creeping up my favorite line list. Gonna be hard to pass Kamensky-Forsberg-Lemieux line, but they are well on their way up the ladder.

AslanRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifroid View Post
Oh yeah... that was amazing. SO AMAZING. Duchene is the most amazing player I've ever seen play. I mean, he is so exciting to watch. He'll start from his own zone and get a breakaway. So fast.
That rush he had earlier in over time was crazy. Duchene just went like a rocket, and Braun(who isn't a bad skater himself) looked like Andre Brunette compared to Duchene.

His foot work is best in the league.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nzap
BaltoBaltoBaltoBalto

At least today we can't say refs were against us.
We got more calls for than against tonight.

But Great Win, though ending them in regulation would be preferred.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Oh what a game.

- Paranteau is the man #2. Watching the guy play is a treat to watch. He has so much patience with the puck and can force defenders into a tough spot. He was the reason for the OT goal. I called the PAP signing last summer about a month before July 1st, and at the time I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not, I thought he was the product of Tavare.... Boy was I wrong. Brilliant signing. Possible the best since the 04/05 lockout.

- ROR once again with a solid showing. He and Mitchell are on the verge of exploding IMO. Only 5 games together and they already seem to have solid chemistry. Who would have though Mitchell had this kind of talent, he almost looks like a Top 6 player out there for us.

- EJ and Wilson played very well together, first and 2nd games back and they didn't have any brain farts. both were +1 moving EJ to +5 in his 2 games back with us.

- And finally, Varlamov was once again fantastic. He's put a string of 3-4 good games together now, this is what we need out of him. Rather then the 40 save shutout one night, then 4 goals on 22 shots the next, we just need steady solid play and he is providing that right now.

Damn good game all around. 2 Wins in a row against the best team in the NHL, and one that on paper should be top 5. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
I agree with everything except I felt that EJ had a relatively poor game today. A few critical mistakes and a boneheaded penalty for slashing.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:10 PM
avsfan89

Stastny needs to go back to using a wooden stick

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
At least today we can't say refs were against us.
We got more calls for than against tonight.

But Great Win, though ending them in regulation would be preferred.
Yea Landeskog got away with one there in OT.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:13 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Oh what a game.

EJ had a pretty major gaff in the OT when he misplayed the puck and it lead to Marleau streaking down the side and finding a player wide open in the middle which should have ended in a goal in Marleau doesn't get blatantly tripped by Landy. I can overlook this as this was only his second game back but he can't let that happen in OT.

Got to agree Duchene and Varly are both beasts. And they are clearly our best players. Staz, ROR, PAP, Landy, and EJ are the next tier. Duchene and Varly have separated themselves from the pack at the moment though.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

Finally all doubt about who is the best coach in the league was removed.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Finally all doubt about who is the best coach in the league was removed.

To add further...

"It may not be a good plan, but at least it's something. You know me Dave, most of the time I just say, 'Go out there and hit that little black round thing'."

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
2nd straight game I miss and the avs win 2, coincidence?

Looks like Duchene has fully recovered from his groin injury and is back to beasting it. By next week he'll be out scoring Jesus... I mean Tavares.
Can someone take Ronaldo's TV and PC away from him , plz ?

Frenchy is online now   Reply With Quote