HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cgy/Nsh Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Flamesfan 26

vCash: 500
Cgy/Nsh Proposal

To Nsh
Jamie McClennan

To Cgy
4th in 2004

Resoning
With the emergence of Saborin and Krahn at training camp Sutter is confident that either one of them can backup Roman Turek this year that leaves Jamie the oddman out. So since Lasak isn't playing that good at camp they might need a decent backup.

Old
09-24-2003, 04:54 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
make it an 8th.. and i might think about it as nashville, however only if lasak continues to bite it

Old
09-24-2003, 04:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche 26
So since Lasak isn't playing that good at camp they might need a decent backup.

Where did you hear this? On the contrary, his preseason numbers are quite good and he has been sharp in camp. The question with him was never whether or not he could perform in camp but whether he had the confidence to translate that into game performances.

We might be looking to acquire a backup so that Lasak can properly develop in Milwaukee. But a 4th round pick might be quite steep for such a player. Vokoun could easily play 65 games a year making a backup less and less valuable. At 650,000 a year, he might be too much for the Preds. Not that they can't afford it, rather they probably won't afford it.

I don't think this deal gets done though. Finley is in Milwaukee, where he needs to be and I don't think crowding the boat by putting Lasak there is going to help his development. If we think Lasak can get the job done (and if preseason is any indication, he can), then I see no reason to do this deal.

That being said, if Lasak doesn't pan out, this deal could be made midseason. I would rather see that pick be north of a 5th rounder though.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Peter Griffin

If the Preds need a back-up goalie, they could likely pick up a decent one in the waiver draft.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:00 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

haha, Lasak hasn't been performing well in camp?
well, if making up "facts" makes your proposal sound better, then so be it...but Lasak(and even finley, for that matter) have both looked the most impressive they ever have, in camp. I'd take Jan Lasak over Jamie McClennan any day of the week. no way.

Old
09-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Hitman*

I'd say we'd be better off giving him away at the waiver draft. We sure as hell aren't getting a 4th for him. Unless some GM owes Darryl a big favour.

A 9th is the only draft pick we could get for him.

Closed Thread