HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joey Hishon: What's the deal?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2013, 12:03 AM
  #676
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well, like Stewart and Wolski, there was a reason a player this talented fell so low in the first round. Of course Joey's red flags weren't character-related, but they still made him a gamble, and it's one that looks like it'll never pan out. There's still time but, it doesn't look good.

Sure hope Brayden McNabb's NHL career also crashes and burns.
Wasn't he picked early?

I thought most scouts had him ranked lower than what the Avs selected him at.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:12 AM
  #677
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 17,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Wasn't he picked early?

I thought most scouts had him ranked lower than what the Avs selected him at.
He was one of the most talented players, but injury-prone and smallish, big risk player.

Oh well, sometimes you gamble and lose, but there's still small hope. Hope he's back soon.

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 01:26 AM
  #678
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
He was one of the most talented players, but injury-prone and smallish, big risk player.

Oh well, sometimes you gamble and lose, but there's still small hope. Hope he's back soon.
Didn't he only have 1 injury before the draft?

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:24 AM
  #679
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
Wasn't he picked early?
He was picked 17th overall.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:34 AM
  #680
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Didn't he only have 1 injury before the draft?
Yes he did, missed around 20-30 games with a broken foot while blocking a shot. Stastny broke his forearm while blocking a shot, so it isn't an injury that tells us he is injury prone.

Considering his draft ranking, there were rumours that Vancouver and Phoenix were going to draft him if he was around their pick(s).

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
  #681
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,705
vCash: 500
Honestly if the McNabb hit never happens...Hishon's career is completely different. He may not have been injury prone...but it seems like he is now.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 11:56 AM
  #682
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,962
vCash: 500
I wish Hishon all the best but it's really frustrating that we missed out on Tarasenko by one pick. Damn Jarmo.

And then Brodin by one pick the next year.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  #683
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,815
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I wish Hishon all the best but it's really frustrating that we missed out on Tarasenko by one pick. Damn Jarmo.

And then Brodin by one pick the next year.
You can't look at it that way. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that jazz. Otherwise, you could say thank God there were ~25 inferior players to Ryan O'Reilly chosen before our 33rd overall selection in 2009. Hishon has a lot of talent and was a good pick. Too bad how it's turned out.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:07 PM
  #684
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
You can't look at it that way. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that jazz. Otherwise, you could say thank God there were ~25 inferior players to Ryan O'Reilly chosen before our 33rd overall selection in 2009. Hishon has a lot of talent and was a good pick. Too bad how it's turned out.
I know I'm not saying it like it was a bad pick (though there were other guys I preferred in that spot at the time and still do). Just grumbling that the players I wanted both years were snapped up one pick too soon. If it wasn't back to back years or if either guy had been taken a few picks earlier it wouldn't bother me that much.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:04 PM
  #685
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 23,370
vCash: 50
Hishon is playing tonight!

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:06 PM
  #686
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Hishon is playing tonight!
Nice. Hope he can put a good stretch together.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:20 PM
  #687
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan
 
Alex Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Conspiratron 3000
Country: South Korea
Posts: 20,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Hishon is playing tonight!
Sounds good. Let's just hope he stays healthy.

Alex Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
  #688
Foppa Frossa
Registered User
 
Foppa Frossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,783
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Hishon is playing tonight!


Was me on the Light Rail when I heard Plagens announce his name.

Foppa Frossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
  #689
electricjib
Registered User
 
electricjib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Country: United States
Posts: 7,761
vCash: 500
Hope he stays healthy for the rest of the year. I want the kid to make it so bad. Oozes talent and is tenacious.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:58 PM
  #690
falconski
Unregistered User
 
falconski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Nice. Hope he can put a good stretch together.
and then play a great game

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 07:54 PM
  #691
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma , QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
Hope he stays healthy for the rest of the year. I want the kid to make it so bad. Oozes talent and is tenacious.
You and me both , If only he could go through the rest of the season injury free , i'm sure that he would have a good chance to make the Avs next year . But for that he'll have to stay away from the infirmary.

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:36 PM
  #692
electricjib
Registered User
 
electricjib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Country: United States
Posts: 7,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
You and me both , If only he could go through the rest of the season injury free , i'm sure that he would have a good chance to make the Avs next year . But for that he'll have to stay away from the infirmary.
Could've used him tonight!

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:59 PM
  #693
AvsfanJack
Registered User
 
AvsfanJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 740
vCash: 50
He did get an apple today, a win over the Marlies(which is always nice)

AvsfanJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:09 PM
  #694
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 22,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Hishon is playing tonight!
Man, I hope he can get some games under his belt to get back in shape. Perfect timing for him to replace Tanguay in the lineup, and get him his first NHL game.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:11 PM
  #695
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Man, I hope he can get some games under his belt to get back in shape. Perfect timing for him to replace Tanguay in the lineup, and get him his first NHL game.
Or put some decent games together and have some other GM take notice. Then we can move on.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:18 PM
  #696
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Or put some decent games together and have some other GM take notice. Then we can move on.
Do you want to break my heart? It will be like Vrbata all over again.

Really tho nobody will give anything worth a dame, even if he stays healthy all year and puts up points. His worth to the avs only if they keep and stays healthy. He'll look great with Matt soon.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:20 PM
  #697
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Do you want to break my heart? It will be like Vrbata all over again.

Really tho nobody will give anything worth a dame, even if he stays healthy all year and puts up points. His worth to the avs only if they keep and stays healthy. He'll look great with Matt soon.
Haha. I know no one else is going to trade for him. Hopefully he can stay healthy. I could see the Avs letting him walk at the end of the season if he keeps getting hurt this season.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
  #698
Elever
Hth
 
Elever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Haha. I know no one else is going to trade for him. Hopefully he can stay healthy. I could see the Avs letting him walk at the end of the season if he keeps getting hurt this season.
Why? If he does well in the AHL which he seems to have done when healthy then why not give him a one year at the minimum-ish? Give him a chance in training camp and maybe he'll make the team....he's skilled enough. At worst we waive him.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:42 PM
  #699
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 23,370
vCash: 50
What happens between now and the end of the season will make a big difference. Either he plays most of the season or he doesn't. It would be nice to keep his talent around especially at low risk/cost. I think we'll know more after this season plays out.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 08:58 AM
  #700
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,419
vCash: 500
I really hope that he can stay healthy this time around... starting to sound like a broken record.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.