HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is trading Bobby Ryan Ducks GM 's next move?

Old
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Tyler Durden

vCash: 500
Is trading Bobby Ryan Ducks GM 's next move?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...obby-ryan.html

Curious what everyone thinks of this article? Can the Ducks afford to keep Ryan and lets say another forward who makes similar money as Getzlaf and Perry? Or trade Ryan and sign another player who makes same amount as Getzlaf and Perry?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Exit Dose

According to our GM, our beat writer, and LeBrun, we can afford to keep Ryan.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:32 PM
navyduck

While I understand the idea as to why it might be the next move, right now, this seems like trying to stir up some crap that isn't even there. We have Bobby for another 2 years so we don't have to worry about anything for another season at the least

navyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:32 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Absolutely not.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Exit Dose

I don't really understand the premise of that article. It's like they didn't even consider that our core of forwards is actually signed for less than teams like Pittsburgh and a few others have.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:37 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69

You guys really do need to do a little more research before posting.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
DaDucks

Can we keep trash threads like this off our boards?

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

You guys really do need to do a little more research before posting.
Huh?

Old
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

"Furthermore, the Ducks already have $53.4 million tied to 16 players for the 20013-14 campaign when the salary drops from $70.2 million to $64.3 million, so they’ll have to free up payroll for other signings by moving someone."

I am confused about this, so they have just under 11m left to sign players.

Potential retirees: Selanne, Lydman, Koivu. Also older people tend to take less money, especially Selanne/Koivu who really care about the team aren't going to kill the cap.

UFAs: Steckel (1.1m), Lovejoy (500k). I doubt lovejoy will be around with the young defence coming and Steckel is a 4th line center, so his salary won't jump that much beyond that if they resign him.

RFA: Palms will probably get 2/3mill and Belesky at 1 to 2 mill.

Then there is a whole bunch of career AHL's to sign who don't affect salary cap. Only potential players who might get more are Mcmillian, Maroon.

So if you can't split up 11mill between a bunch of rookies with a possible 35yo+ player then theres something wrong. And thats even without a goalie being traded.

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:45 PM
The Planets Aligned

The question seems to be, does Bob Murray "have" to trade Ryan, and I think it's been shown from his comments and clear reason that the answer is no.

He's signed for two more years, the team is well within the cap ceiling and the owners can afford the projected payroll.

But I think he should be traded next year before the deadline while he has value. I think his stock will go down, and it would be great to get a big package deal from some desperate team (Toronto, I'm looking at you )

The Planets Aligned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:47 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
You can bet Bob Murray hasn't forgotten.

Last June, one of the Ducks general manager’s more skilled players, Bobby Ryan, told the hockey world he wanted out of Anaheim, suggesting the National Hockey League team didn't want him for the long term.

"Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here," the left-winger told the New Jersey-based Courier-Post at the time. "I don’t care. Move me."

That time may well have come, despite Ryan’s backtracking a couple of months later when he called his initial comments "a mistake and a slip up on my part." In the past 10 days, Murray has signed top scorers Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry to eight-year contracts.
Conveniently brushes off him retracting his "trade request" as he didn't mean it. I could write an article and talk about how he didn't mean to ask for a trade

Quote:
Furthermore, the Ducks already have $53.4 million tied to 16 players for the 20013-14 campaign when the salary drops from $70.2 million to $64.3 million, so they’ll have to free up payroll for other signings by moving someone.
$10 Million in salary cap space and we need to trade players to sign people? Additionally if we trade Ryan we'll need a top six forward either in return or in free agency. Where do you find one for equal or less than Ryan's cap hit?

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Huh?
He's talking about the OP

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
rollingdux

Just feels like an article trying to stir the pot. At 1st glance yeah it looks like the Ducks may be a little tight but if they look further (like many others have done) at the pieces needing to be re-signed or pieces that may be moved (other than #9) it's not a big deal.

Plus the whole Courier-Post interview being brought up again after almost a year and after being addressed kinda put me off. I don't get it.

rollingdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:03 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Shame on the author. Article title is wrong. And I'm even in the camp that believes Ryan will be moved. But it will not be Murray's next move. He'll make trade deadline moves before then.

The actual article itself even realizes this later. They can't trade Ryan this season, because he's 3rd on the team in points and the team is on a big run. There's pressure to succeed this season. So why the poor title?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

It's a slow day and the asshats in the east are pissed that Getz and Perry signed and spoiled all the crap they could have written about. So they just go back to making up **** about teams they are too lazy to know anything about. In the context of the NHL, we are flyover country.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
RemoteFan
Couch GM

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
"Furthermore, the Ducks already have $53.4 million tied to 16 players for the 20013-14 campaign when the salary drops from $70.2 million to $64.3 million, so they’ll have to free up payroll for other signings by moving someone."

I am confused about this, so they have just under 11m left to sign players.

Potential retirees: Selanne, Lydman, Koivu. Also older people tend to take less money, especially Selanne/Koivu who really care about the team aren't going to kill the cap.
My guess is the article is to stir the pot. All it takes is one writer to start a rumor.

My guess is Selanne will really retire this year. I really hate to see him go but it seems like his game is slipping.

RemoteFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:13 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

People get paid to write that crap?

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Water Knight

Just when it seemed like the Leafs didn't post any Ryan trade proposals today.........this gets posted............

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
He went completely against what LeBrun and Dreger mentioned. I'm sure his own colleague Elliotte Friedman disagrees with him too.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:35 PM
PhoenyX

Awful article. The Ducks do not have cap issues moving forward and have no intention of trading Ryan. These two facts have been stated by our GM, beat writer, and numerous credible hockey journalists. The author clearly did zero research and is desperate for page hits.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:45 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

I would move Ryan for the right deal, but only after this season, and only if a team is willing to pay a big price, as in a future top 2 D, or a legit top 2 Center. No rush to move him

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:55 AM
pesko

I see Hiller being moved before Ryan

pesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:58 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Huh?
As in the people asking if Ryan will likely be traded soon. A little research would show them that Bob Murray said his position on the team at the moment is secure.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote