HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD 2013 - Draft Thread VI

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
And I have Toronto's pick.

The Toronto Maple Leafs select Andrew Ladd, LW
Interesting.... Look forward to seeing how he compares to all-time greats. He's certainly one of my favorites in the NHL today.

Old
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
The guy is money in the playoffs.
Goals guaranteed in the playoffs for both teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
LW Murph Chamberlain

seventieslord bio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Damn! Had him in my sights....
Yup, Chamberlain was on my list as "enforcers who can play," but I liked Sandford better.

Old
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Why? He's not an ATD player...
Hes not a ATD regular I give you that but I think he makes a good spare.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobnobs View Post
Hes not a ATD regular I give you that but I think he makes a good spare.
I don't count spares as ATD players.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:21 PM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
I don't count spares as ATD players.
Reggie Fleming?

Old
03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Velociraptor

Mike Green, D

Old
03-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Minnesota Fighting Saints select Billy Taylor, C

And I have Toronto's pick.

THANKS

Mike Babcock, coach

John Tonelli LW- Mario Lemieux C- Rick Middleton RW
John LeClair LW- Mats Sundin C- Alex Mogilny RW
Gaye Stewart LW-Dale Hunter C-Tod Sloan RW
Bob Davidson LW- Pit Martin C- Bill Goldsworthy RW
Paul Henderson, RW- Andrew Ladd, LW

Valeri Vasiliev D -Guy Lapointe D
Randy Carlyle D- Shea Weber D
Wally Stanowski D - Hobey Baker D
xxxxxxxxxxx

Johnny Bower G
Lorne Chabot G
Marc Andre Fleury, G

Old
03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Ladd LL? I'm going to take a look at his resume and numbers, I suppose he could make a decent #14 banger.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:43 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Mike Green, D

Green's a tough one to place. He certainly has enough talent to be drafted here, and IMO is as good as a lot of defensemen who will actually be regulars on bottom pairings here. But it's tough to fit in a guy who is so one-dimensional as a role player or spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Ladd LL? I'm going to take a look at his resume and numbers, I suppose he could make a decent #14 banger.
I have no idea what Ladd brings to this level.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Hershey drafts center Mike Ricci, the gritty, hard-nosed impact player everywhere he played, morphing from an offensive skilled youngster into a defensive demon veteran. He led his juinior team to the Memorial Cup tourney with 35 points in 17 playoff games, winning gold at the World Juniors his second trip there, with 11 points in 12 games in the two tourneys. He was the CHL player of the year and the top ranked Central Scouting prospect throughout his senior year, then was drafted 4th overall by the Flyers. He scored 20+ goals his two seasons in Philly before going to the Nordiques in the Lindros trade. Ricci scored a career-high 78 points his first season in Quebec, following that the next year with a career-high 30 goals. He scored a couple of goals in winning gold at the 1994 World Championships. In his first 5 NHL seasons he had scored 262 points in 354 NHL games. But then he went to Colorado, where the presence of Sakic and Forsberg meant Ricci had to take on a third line role, and did so very well, molding himself into a different kind of hockey player. Always a leader everywhere he went, he took the initiative to become a defensive-first pivot. In winning a Stanley Cup in 1996, Ricci contributed 17 playoff points, including 6 goals, which was 4th most on the team. More importantly, he was renowned for his play away from the puck and against opposing centers. He would go on to finish 3rd, 4th, 4th in Selke voting and play 1000+ NHL games and record two more 20-goal seasons as a second liner in San Jose, retiring with 605 points in 1099 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Post - Jun 5, 1996
Mike Ricci, the guts and the grind of the Colorado Avalanche, was all over the ice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends of Hockey
Over the years, Ricci's game has evolved away from the finesse style of his junior days towards a more defensive approach.. a game replete with leadership, character, and dogged defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
...an elite defensive centreman...
Quote:
Mike Ricci was a fan favorite wherever he went. Known for excellent penalty killing and gritty third line play while with the Sharks, Ricci was also a solid scorer during the early portion of his career with Quebec Nordiques/Colorado Avalanche organization. During the 1992-93 season Ricci posted 27 goals and 78 points and followed that up with a 30 goal season both with the Nordiques.

The Scarborough, Ontario native transformed his game to a more defensive minded gritty center while with the Sharks. Fans loved his long hair and missing front teeth as well as his no nonsense/workman-like attitude.
http://insidehockey.com/2004-05-lock...sharks-careers

Quote:
To say "Reech" was a gritty guy on the ice is probably unnecessary, but to say he was invaluable to the early Colorado Avalanche is absolutely required. His work as both an antagonizer of opposing top lines as well as a constant scoring threat places him firmly on the list of Top 19 Avalanche Players Of All Time... not only was Ricci an effective defensive forward, but he could score, too... On a team with centers like Forsberg and Joe Sakic, he didn't have to be a constant offensive threat. But his penalty minutes didn't increase with his decline in points. In fact, he became a more disciplined player and improved his effectiveness killing penalties. In 1992-93, his first season with the franchise (78 points), he had 123 penalty minutes. In 1995-96, he had only 52.
When the Nordiques became the Colorado Avalanche, "Reech" enjoyed instant Denver fan approval for his nasty, persistent defensive play as much as his iconic face and flowing mullet. His offensive skills weren't totally lost, though, because he scored 17 points in 22 playoff games in 1996, the first year the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup.

Mike Ricci cemented his reputation as a defensive power forward with the Sharks, playing seven seasons with that team and forming the cornerstone of their penalty killing unit. He often led the team's forwards in blocked shots and takeaways... an exciting and iconic hockey player. Mike Ricci was an asset to every team he ever skated for, and will be missed by fans in Denver as much as anywhere else.
http://www.milehighhockey.com/2008/6...ll-time-18-mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Book of San Francisco/Bay Area Sports Lists by Damon Bruce, 2009, pg. 58
From 1997 through 2004, Ricci was the heart and face of the San Jose Sharks. He holds the team record with 228 consecutive games played. Captain Ricci became one of the best defensive centremen in the NHL. Without front teeth, and with a great mullet, Ricci was a rock on the first-and-only Sharks team to reach the Western Conference Finals in 2004...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leadership Challenge, by James M. Kouzes, Barry Z. Posner, 2003, pg. 252
Mike Ricci is the alternate captain of the San Jose Sharks...An experienced player with the distinction of being on a Stanley Cup winning team, and a leader on all the teams on which he's played, Mike knows a thing or two about teamwork...

Old
03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 50
The 4th Hanson Brother finally gets picked ...

Old
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

With our penultimate pick, Dawson City will select reliable blueliner Kenny Jonsson, D.

Quote:
Jonsson joined the Maple Leafs in 1994-95. After a tentative beginning, he looked stronger and took on more responsibility after an injury sidelined veteran Dave Ellett for part of the season. He showed enough potential at both ends of the ice to earn a place on the NHL All-Rookie Team.
Quote:
Beginning in 1 996-97, Jonsson became a team leader for the Islanders and set a career high with 40 points the next season. In 1997-98 his importance to the team was illustrated by his third overall ranking in average shifts per game among NHL defencemen (28.89). A member of Sweden's Olympic Team at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Jonsson continued to be a solid two-way defender and leader of the young Islanders as they reached the post-season in 2001-02 for the first time since 1993-94 season.
After leaving behind the NHL in 2004, Kenny continued to be a mainstay on the blueline for Team Sweden internationally, where he competed regularly with the likes of Lidstrom for top defenceman on the team. A competition he won at the 2006 Olympics (awarded best defenceman in the tourney).

Joining Kenny on the Nuggets, as our last pick of the draft, will be gritty forward Gary Dornhoefer, RW.

Dornhoefer is already familiar with current Nugget Reggie Leach, as the two were key members of the Flyers' Cup run in the '70s. He'll bring some extra toughness to our bottom six, not afraid to crowd the net and pop in a few goals here and there.

03-24-2013, 09:04 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Hate this pick. Andrew Ladd has done nothing to warrant even MLD(probably even AAA) consideration. A 3rd line player on 2 Stanley Cup champs with pedestrian offense in the playoffs(just 15 points in 53 games). VsX scores of just 60 and 52, and was top 2 in PK TOI just once in his career. One 14th place finish in Selke voting.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:08 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

770 VanIslander & Hedberg - Hershey Bears - skip us for now

771 Velociraptor - Trail Smoke Eaters - ON THE CLOCK (PM sent)

772 Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs (someone send him a phone text heads up)
773 Nalyd Psycho & Mike Farkas - Minnesota Fighting Saints
774 Bring Back Scuderi - Pittsburgh Athletic Club
775 papershoes & SchultzSquared - Kenora Thistles
776 DoMakc - HC Donbass
777 Jafar - Montreal Canadiens
778 Hobnobs - Seattle Eskimos
779 Reds4Life - Detroit Red Wings
780 MadArcand - Hartford Whalers

Old
03-24-2013, 09:24 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe
I have no idea what Ladd brings to this level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Hate this pick. Andrew Ladd has done nothing to warrant even MLD(probably even AAA) consideration.
Indeed.

He would be a decent pick in a TSG Draft: a This-Season Greats draft. But this is a draft of all-time greats. And if Ladd retired today then 50 years from now he'd be a footnote in history, not a top-800 or even top-1000 of all time.

Sorry LL, but,.. this picks ranks up there in stink value with the Svatos pick in the MLD a few years back.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:40 PM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

After leaving behind the NHL in 2004, Kenny continued to be a mainstay on the blueline for Team Sweden internationally, where he competed regularly with the likes of Lidstrom for top defenceman on the team. A competition he won at the 2006 Olympics (awarded best defenceman in the tourney).

Joining Kenny on the Nuggets, as our last pick of the draft, will be gritty forward Gary Dornhoefer, RW.

Dornhoefer is already familiar with current Nugget Reggie Leach, as the two were key members of the Flyers' Cup run in the '70s. He'll bring some extra toughness to our bottom six, not afraid to crowd the net and pop in a few goals here and there.
I thought long and hard about Dornhoefer for my 4th line RWer before finally going with Labine, (because of his PK skills).....

Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Velociraptor

Trail's final selection of the 2013 ATD will be, four-time PCHA All-Star Clem Loughlin, D

Someone able to text Leaf? I lost my phone last night lol

Old
03-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Leaf Lander

I am here

Old
03-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Leaf Lander

Leafs select Bill Barilko D as our 7th D-man

Mike Babcock, coach

John Tonelli LW- Mario Lemieux C- Rick Middleton RW
John LeClair LW- Mats Sundin C- Alex Mogilny RW
Gaye Stewart LW-Dale Hunter C-Tod Sloan RW
Bob Davidson LW- Pit Martin C- Bill Goldsworthy RW
Paul Henderson, RW- Andrew Ladd, LW

Valeri Vasiliev D -Guy Lapointe D
Randy Carlyle D- Shea Weber D
Wally Stanowski D - Hobey Baker D
Bill Barilko D

Johnny Bower G
Lorne Chabot G
Marc Andre Fleury, G

Old
03-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Leaf Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
He can fight score kill penalties if need be. Ladd is a team guy who has intangible leadership skills that you need for your 14th forward. After a few seasons he will blossom into a 4th liner alla Brendan Morrow. Also Andrew he has played over 500 NHL games and has been on 2 cup winners.

At this point I am adding to the team spirit on the bench and in the locker room.

Last edited by Leaf Lander: 03-25-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 12:13 AM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
He can fight...
Probert? Tiger Williams? ... He canNOT fight against all-time level competition, not as an impact player.

Quote:
...score...
He has only twice hit the 20 goal mark, never 60 points. (Please don't cite his quarter season of 12 goals this half season to date.)

Quote:
kill penalties if need be.
Seriously? Has he had any respect against the best of his own era? (not Columbus or Florida)

Quote:
Ladd is a team guy who has intangible leadership skills
Okay, he some of that. Though there are plenty of options of guys who've been leaders both longer and in more significant circumstances. On an all-time draft squad his leadership skills are marginal.

Quote:
After a few seasons he will blossom into...
Stop right there. No projections into future potential play. Whether he may or may not be a worthwhile pick in the ATD 2016 is beside the point in this draft.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Leaf Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Probert? Tiger Williams? ... He canNOT fight against all-time level competition, not as an impact player.

He has only twice hit the 20 goal mark, never 60 points. (Please don't cite his quarter season of 12 goals this half season to date.)

Seriously? Has he had any respect against the best of his own era? (not Columbus or Florida)

Okay, he some of that. Though there are plenty of options of guys who've been leaders both longer and in more significant circumstances. On an all-time draft squad his leadership skills are marginal.

Stop right there. No projections into future potential play. Whether he may or may not be a worthwhile pick in the ATD 2016 is beside the point in this draft.
I am sure there are players in the Draft with less games played and no cups who are in the top 12 forward position.

He was picked for what he can bring to the team in a support role. He is not a starter nor is he the first alternate.

We are building all time teams. He has always been described as the ultimate team guy! He is a great pick for the roll that he fills.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Leaf Lander

He is the 14 th forward it almost doesn't matter what he can do on the ice.

I wanted. Ladd on my team.

Anyways I got work in 6 hrs nighy

Old
03-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Hobnobs
Pinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
He can fight score kill penalties if need be. Ladd is a team guy who has intangible leadership skills that you need for your 14th forward. After a few seasons he will blossom into a 4th liner alla Brendan Morrow. Also Andrew he has played over 500 NHL games and has been on 2 cup winners.

At this point I am adding to the team spirit on the bench and in the locker room.
He was a barely a part of those cup winners... It doesnt matter what he will blossom into either, hes not an ATD spare atm

Old
03-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Nalyd Psycho

The Minnesota FIghting Saints round out their team with a high character steady and reliable stay at home defender, Chris Phillips, D