HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oshie is getting sued

Old
03-11-2013, 01:26 PM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

vCash: 500
Oshie is getting sued

Quote:
From Courthouse News Services:

"Defendant's unit is commonly referred to as a 'penthouse,' which is located on the top of the building and has an outdoor patio which opens off of the main living area through four (4) large Kolbe custom made window/door units, giving a panoramic view of the City of St. Louis skyline," the complaint states.

"Defendant, during the lease term, maintained two dogs which he customarily kept locked out onto the patio. During defendant's tenancy, said dogs scratched and/or chewed on the custom screens, causing them to suffer irreparable damage necessitating the need for their replacement."
Quote:
Furthermore:

"Under the terms of the lease, defendant was fully responsible and liable for any and all injury done to the apartment unit or building and in the event the defendant did not leave the apartment in the same condition in which it was received, plaintiff is entitled to recover all of its damages plus fifteen percent (15 percent) overhead to put the lease premises back to its original condition, minus reasonable wear and tear," the complaint states.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...2491--nhl.html

moolah3i4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:45 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Not sure why they should get 15% extra, but whatever. Sounds like a kid not being the best renter. Ask any landlord if this is the worst he could have done.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
The extra 15% is normal. Part of it is a penalty for not fixing it like you are suppose to and part for the potential loss of rent if repairs keep the apartment from being immediately turned over to the next tenant.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

why are they suing him at all? was he refusing to pay or denying the damage occurred?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
why are they suing him at all? was he refusing to pay or denying the damage occurred?
You figure they would ask him to pay for damages before taking him to court, so I imagine he disagrees with it.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:02 AM
diehardbluesfan

over 11 thousand in damages? that seems to be a little high, eh?

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:53 AM
417blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
over 11 thousand in damages? that seems to be a little high, eh?
I agree that it seems high, but it's probably appropriate. Courthouse News reported that the rent at his unit was around $3750/month, so you can imagine the type of exterior doors and windows they're using. Even non-custom doors can get pricey. Personally, I think that paying nearly $4k/month for *rent* is a little high!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/03/11/55577.htm

417blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:01 AM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417blues View Post
I agree that it seems high, but it's probably appropriate. Courthouse News reported that the rent at his unit was around $3750/month, so you can imagine the type of exterior doors and windows they're using. Even non-custom doors can get pricey. Personally, I think that paying nearly $4k/month for *rent* is a little high!

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/03/11/55577.htm
My mother-in-law was paying $1700/month.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
sh724

My parents neighbor is a general contractor I used to from time to time go help him out when he needed an extra set of hands. We worked on this little ass apartment the rent was $3200 a month and the guy only lived there like 3 months a year. So the guy was paying $38,000 a year to live in the place 3 months. He spends the summer in Paris and the winter in Florida. The only reason he comes to STL at all is because his daughter lives there.

The next weekend I was at my uncles cabin off of some river out by Jeff City. He only pays about $3k for the entire year to use the it. The two places were about the same size.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

Injured as well. Bad times for Osh.

Christmas Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote