HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey perry to the habs

Old
03-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Corey perry to the habs

Just to start a discussion on what could be a good trade for both teams, not asking for other teams opinions (cough cough leafs) just a discussion between the habs and ducks

I heard the ducks wanted 2 prospects, 1st and a roster player

I'm thinking beaulieu is first on your list for prospects maybe a guy like kristo along with him

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
greenstickytoes

i would only give 2 prospects and a 1st rounder on a condition trade.
Kristo and a 2nd rounder for Perry. and if Perry signs with us at
the end of the year then i add Beaulieu and a 1st. If not Just Kristo and 2nd round.
for Half a season i wouldnt give more than that

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
If he's a rental they're not getting that much, at least I would hope not.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
the end of the year then i add Beaulieu and a 1st. If not Just Kristo and 2nd round.
When have players ever been added on condition?

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Treb

Quote:
You can't add conditional players, only picks

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:39 PM
crowi
Registered Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
If he's a rental they're not getting that much, at least I would hope not.
If Ducks trade Perry away right now, when they've a solid chance for playoff success, he will cost an arm and a leg to every single team interested.

Ducks would lose a key part of their offense on a playoff run, if he was traded, even if as UFA, they'd get a king's ransom.

Ducks probably won't trade him unless the offer is ridicilously crazy.

crowi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:45 PM
greenstickytoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
When have players ever been added on condition?
between GM's.. not on the official trade rules.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:50 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Unless Anaheim does a swan dive in the standings over the next month, this and every other "Corey Perry for..." thread is moot...that said, it bankrupts the Habs future to give Ana what they'd want for Perry, so the answer is still probably no...more's the pity!

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowi View Post
If Ducks trade Perry away right now, when they've a solid chance for playoff success, he will cost an arm and a leg to every single team interested.

Ducks would lose a key part of their offense on a playoff run, if he was traded, even if as UFA, they'd get a king's ransom.

Ducks probably won't trade him unless the offer is ridicilously crazy.
Exactly, they don't have to trade him. I see this as a Parise like situation..make a run with him and see what happens. The Ducks are the 2nd best team in the west..so unless a team offers the farm for him..don't move him.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Honestly, as a habs fan I'd love Perry on our team but at same time I don't want to know what it will cost. He's a great player and will surely command a montreal piece that would be tough to give up for a potential rental.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:04 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I'd rather build a deal around Eller or Plek to be honest

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Historical evidence is pretty clear. Young roster player, 1st round pick, good (not outstanding) prospect. That's the historical return in terms of value. That said, the Ducks are in a pretty different situation than the teams that usually traded their UFAs in the sense that they want to be competetive in the immediate future as well, so we might see them looking for a bit of a different design for a return, without a pick/prospect and a better player in return, or fewer pieces involved, or whatever. Then again, they could also take a more traditional "type" of return (focused more on futures) in case they really like the pieces involved, and address their current needs in a seperate deal - if that other deal was available (big if). If it isn't, it will be a question of how highly the Ducks value Perry's potential contributions to a playoff-run. It's all very tough to project at this point.

What I think is safer to say is the Ducks would have more interest in a forward- than in a puckmoving d-man prospect.

Quote:
between GM's.. not on the official trade rules.
How's that supposed to work? You don't know whether he signs beforehand. You can't just introduce the condition "between GMs" by trading the player back for future considerations if the condition isn't met...

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Nobody is going to get Perry if Anaheim is top 5 in the league IMO...unless they overpay.

Either he signs with Anaheim before the deadline or everyone gets a chance to get him at UFA.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I came here to post this. I'd prefer a center back in any deal.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Ottawa offers:

1st Rnd Pick This years draft +

Mika Zibanejad +

1 of Noeson, Puemple or Stone

+ Colin Greening

For C. Perry
I'm one of the Duck fans who believes Perry doesn't want to re-sign. (Hoping I'm wrong) This is a deal I'd love to see them make, but I don't think it's realistic from Ottawa's perspective.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
At this point, it's rather unlikely either is moved for Perry if pretty doesn't sign an extension.

It's not to say Perry isn't worth Eller but when it becomes Eller++ its obviously worrisome. Eller+ for 20 games of Perry doesn't make me feel much better. lol

Granted, if Perry had an extension in mind, surely Eller++ would be reasonable.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:44 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

here's a question... say the Ducks didn't have Perry, and they're sitting in the top-4 of the conference without him (they're the 2nd best team in the NHL with him!). Would the Ducks be willing to give up a package similar to what they're asking, if he was available as a rental player?

Basically how much is Perry worth to the Ducks as strictly a rental player in a season where they're looking like one of the top contenders for the Cup?

Given that, will the Ducks deal him in a season like this where he can help them win another Cup?

I know the whole HF mentality here is to get something for every asset, but it's clearly not the mentality of teams out there, as we seen proven time and again with both contenders NEVER dealing key rentals, and contenders often giving up packages just to land a rental who gives them no guarantees to extend.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Lol
Then start looking elsewhere!!
When you "build" an offer, its around something that the other team will be interested in. Why would Anaheim be interested in Plek or Eller?

AEKaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:51 PM
crowi
Registered Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
here's a question... say the Ducks didn't have Perry, and they're sitting in the top-4 of the conference without him (they're the 2nd best team in the NHL with him!). Would the Ducks be willing to give up a package similar to what they're asking, if he was available as a rental player?

Basically how much is Perry worth to the Ducks as strictly a rental player in a season where they're looking like one of the top contenders for the Cup?

Given that, will the Ducks deal him in a season like this where he can help them win another Cup?

I know the whole HF mentality here is to get something for every asset, but it's clearly not the mentality of teams out there, as we seen proven time and again with both contenders NEVER dealing key rentals, and contenders often giving up packages just to land a rental who gives them no guarantees to extend.
Pretty weird question to ask, but any contending team (including the Ducks), would pay a hefty sum for Hart trophy/50-goal scorer, even as rental.

Perry is one of their top offensive players, he is not replaced by some random roster guy+prospects+picks offer right now. He is worth even more to Ducks now, than before. If they make the playoffs with him and get sweeped, then **** happens, but they wouldn't trade him right now for spare parts.

Last edited by crowi: 03-10-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Fail to read?
crowi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:56 PM
FrankFountain
Legendary Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEKaki View Post
Lol
When you "build" an offer, its around something that the other team will be interested in. Why would Anaheim be interested in Plek or Eller?
Because both of them are better options than Koivu for the next few seasons.

FrankFountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowi View Post
Pretty weird question to ask, but any contending team (including the Ducks), would pay a hefty sum for Hart trophy/50-goal scorer, even as rental. Is that what you're asking? Perhaps my language barrier is kicking me in the nuts here...
No, I think he only wanted to express that keeping Perry around for a playoff-run would be seen as quite valuable by the organisation, and that he would consider the odds of the Ducks moving him very small for that reason, if I understood correctly.

Old
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Habsrback

IF the Ducks would trade Perry, it would strictly be for financial reasons. This automatically takes Plek out as he is making $5M and the Ducks, I am sure, would rather pay Perry $7-8M than to trade him and still pay big bucks for a downgrade (even if I like Plek).

It would possibly take one of our prime rookies such as Gallagher, plus Eller, plus a 2013 1st, or a 2014 1st combined with a 2013 2nd.

The good news is that I think that we do have the pieces that might suit the Ducks' needs. The bad news is that I absolutely think that they will find a way keep him for a very long time. I would see more Bobby Ryan traded, with no interest from the Habs.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:18 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEKaki View Post
Lol
We could use a 2nd line center

I don't see Anaheim moving Perry for just prospects

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
IF the Ducks would trade Perry, it would strictly be for financial reasons. This automatically takes Plek out as he is making $5M and the Ducks, I am sure, would rather pay Perry $7-8M than to trade him and still pay big bucks for a downgrade (even if I like Plek).
I don't think that is accurate, at all, because your premise doesn't include the quite realistic scenario of Perry simply wanting to play elsewhere. If the Ducks trade Perry, it would be strictly due to him not resigning. There's no question that the Ducks would want to give it their best shot to replace the production they'd lose with him, even if it's a lesser player making considerable money.

Old
03-10-2013, 06:34 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I think Eller + Gallagher + 2014 1st would be a fair and money conscious option for Anaheim.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote