HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR and JETS

Old
03-10-2013, 02:16 PM
jay from jersey

vCash: 500
NYR and JETS

to win= marian gaborik. gives them a legit threat to go with kane. also signed for next year and will be a valuable trade chip at the deadline if they choose not to keep him.

To NYR Wheeler or Little
1st rd pick
Paul Potsma

gives rangers a liitle offense from the back end. Helps with the loss of staal, 1st rnd rounder in a deep draft. If it is wheeler, they get a big body that was dynamite when he played with stephan, if it is little it gives them a young player maker who is taylored to fit their blue collar system. if i were the rangers i would want little. Could play center or wing, a little younger, fits the dynamic or NYR, and makes them better all around. plus with the money shed with gabs contract they can resign hags and McD quicker.

Flame away

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:20 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Overpayment by Winnipeg. No need to get an older, more expensive winger while trading away a first rounder.

Wheeler is outscoring Gaborik by the way.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Kane9Swag

Little + Clitsome + 2nd Round pick for Gaborik?

Kane9Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
jay from jersey

your right first might be too much.

how about little postma and a 2nd?? for gaborik and bickel or gilroy???

Old
03-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay from jersey View Post
how about little postma and a 2nd?? for gaborik and bickel or gilroy???
No.
Young roster player + top prospect + first is the cost to get Gaborik.

Wings, Nashville and Sens have better offers.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:07 PM
almostawake

Jets have zero interest in Gaborik.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:10 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Gaborik is not really a good option. By the time the Jets are ready to compete he'll have walked in free agency.

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 03:20 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
ATTENTION HFBOARDS: The New York Rangers are in their window of contention. We're not rebuilding. We're not trying to trade a guy who scored 40 goals last year for long-term benefits.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
ATTENTION HFBOARDS: The New York Rangers are in their window of contention. We're not rebuilding. We're not trying to trade a guy who scored 40 goals last year for long-term benefits.
The Rangers would take this deal and run, what are you talking about?

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Wheeler + 1st??

Deal!!!

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Kaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
No.
Young roster player + top prospect + first is the cost to get Gaborik.

Wings, Nashville and Sens have better offers.
Then they can have him, he isn't worth that, at least not to Winnipeg.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
The Rangers would take this deal and run, what are you talking about?
No, they wouldn't. Looking at value in a vacuum in worthless. The Rangers are trying to wins a Stanley Cup. This trade makes a Stanley CUp win less likely.

Old
03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
This is meant to be a joke thread, correct? Gaborik is about the last guy in the league the Jets are seeking right now. They've an organizational plan to build a young, huge, physically aggressive and punishing team. Soft 31 year old, often injured perimeter players are most definitely not on the radar here.

Best of luck peddling Gaborik elsewhere though; no sale in Winnipeg, regardless of the asking price.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:16 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Wheeler stays but Little should be dealt to get Gaborik.
The first is valuable as it could be 5-10
Value is fair even with the pick but the salary of Gabby is the X factor

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Wheeler stays but Little should be dealt to get Gaborik.
The first is valuable as it could be 5-10
Value is fair even with the pick but the salary of Gabby is the X factor
Nice theory, except that the Jets aren't trading for a Gaborik type though. They've zero use for an older perimeter player that is injured 50% of the time, none. When proposing a trade it is best to consider the needs of your theoretical trading partner. The Jets would have nil interest in this sort of player.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
jay from jersey

listen..

hockey is a business first and foremost. whether you guys understand it or now this will be gabs last 2 years of wearing ranger blue. They will need the money from his cap hit to resign their young payers to raises. It is better to deal him this year while the return is higher seeing as he is not just a UFA at the end. To me it seemed like a good deal. Ranger get a player with some upside in his mid 20's in little, a little help on the back end, again Potsma is mid 20's and a pick. They need to keep stocking the cupboard always. Not to mention, with the way gabs has played, the rangers would be better off with little in the line up then gabs at this point. On the jets front it gives you a dynamic goal scorer, even though he is streaky he is another legitimate threat to go along with KANE. Kanes bull in a china shop play and gabs speed and sniping ability would compliment that team nicely. and if you get in the playoffs, you never know. I would think Jets fans would like this??? there are only giving up little potsma and a 2nd for a 90pt player???I think value wise its good and both teams are better as a result. IMO

Old
03-10-2013, 07:49 PM
jay from jersey

i forgot to add

its not about peddling him off. Its about in 2 yrs the rangers will not be able to afford him while resigning their core. They will be a playoff team. Some of you guys are being very short sighted. Do you know what he will be worth to a team like Pit Bos Det etc come deadline time next year??? in his UFA walk year. The rangers would not trade him, especially to a team in the east for fear he would haunt them in the playoffs, but a team like the jets could ask for a kings ransom if they are on the outside looking in. i bet you the return would be greater then little potsma and a 2nd.. Just take everything into consideration before you guys kill the proposal please.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:24 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 1066
Stop justifying this from the Rangers POV. It makes no sense for the Jets. End of story.

Gaborik is worth FAR more than the Jets would remotely be interested in giving up for a player who'd be gone before they'd need him and who doesn't fit with the style/culture they're trying to develop.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Wheeler + Postma + 1st for Gabs?

Sign me up.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:31 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I'd take this deal and run.

Big fan of Blake Wheeler, I wanted the Rangers to go after him a few years ago, but they missed out.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

gaborik is a non starter for the Jets, It make absolutely no sense for the jets to acquire him. He's a huge piece, for a team in a certain window. The jets are not in that window. You could probably get this type of return from a contender/deep playoff team for him in a heartbeat, but it just doesn't make sense for the jets at all.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

If I could build a time machine, I would travel back in time to say no to this proposal before it was even proposed. Hopefully that gives you a sense as to how fast I would turn this down from a Jets POV.

Why in the **** would we want to give up all that for 1.25 years of Marian Gaborik?

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:53 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay from jersey View Post
hockey is a business first and foremost. whether you guys understand it or now this will be gabs last 2 years of wearing ranger blue. They will need the money from his cap hit to resign their young payers to raises. It is better to deal him this year while the return is higher seeing as he is not just a UFA at the end. To me it seemed like a good deal. Ranger get a player with some upside in his mid 20's in little, a little help on the back end, again Potsma is mid 20's and a pick. They need to keep stocking the cupboard always. Not to mention, with the way gabs has played, the rangers would be better off with little in the line up then gabs at this point. On the jets front it gives you a dynamic goal scorer, even though he is streaky he is another legitimate threat to go along with KANE. Kanes bull in a china shop play and gabs speed and sniping ability would compliment that team nicely. and if you get in the playoffs, you never know. I would think Jets fans would like this??? there are only giving up little potsma and a 2nd for a 90pt player???I think value wise its good and both teams are better as a result. IMO
So let me try and understand this.

The Rangers, who are in the best position to win a Stanley Cup that they have been in since 1997, should move their 40+ goal scorer for long-term pieces. Meanwhile, the Jets, who are fighting just to get one of the last playoff spots, should give up multiple pieces that are part of their long-term outlook in order to bring in a year-and-a-half rental.

What the hell am I missing here? The contending team should downgrade just for the sake of getting assets while they can, while the middling team should sacrifice said assets for the sake of bringing in a player you have already identified as a rental? Is this ****ing Bizzaro NHL? Did I enter an Eastside Hockey Manager matrix? Can someone please explain this seemingly backwards logic to me?

Old
03-11-2013, 01:52 AM
broc

I wouldn't trade Wheeler alone for Gaborik at this point.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Lundsanity30

Rangers arent trading a 40 goal scorer when they are trying to win a cup. Its really that simple

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote