HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

+/- Sock Monkeys versus Little Sisters of the Poor Edition

Old
03-11-2013, 12:21 AM
SID87BORG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Not arguing that at all, just think Despres is actually a tough, big body.

Unrelated: Sid is 3 pts from being guaranteed a PPG season.

Halfway in.
Beau-ner right there.

I soooo want Sid to win some hardware this season! And if we can add the biggest one, oh man, I'll need several new pants!

SID87BORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Where the hell is everyone tonight? Sid and Koon just put on a RIDICULOUS showing. I would have thought this thread would be all sorts of hot by now.
That's easy-it was a great game with offensive fireworks and good defense. In other words-nothing to complain about-so the peoples stayed away.

One thing I has learned about the Interwebs and sports-it's that peeps would much rather gripe than celebrate.

Tonight broke a long losing streak for games I have attended. What great fun it was-and man is it awesome having a couple of high end rookies on the team again!

Loved isolating on Beau and Despres this game. Man-is the Dangles a complete player or what? Could not believe some of the heads-up play away from the puck. That time with Niskanen-it seems like he was expecting it, and just planned on being the guy to cover for his D-man's trouble.

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:40 AM
mpp9

Watching Bennett was as enjoyable as Sid making a 5 pt night look easy.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Beau-ner seems to have absolutely elite hockey sense. It's going to be a real joy watching this kid develop into a Hossa type player.

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:47 AM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
Beau-ner seems to have absolutely elite hockey sense. It's going to be a real joy watching this kid develop into a Hossa type player.
He has an elite hockey mind. No doubt.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Jaded-Fan

Just a FYI for those who, like me, have girlfriends busting their balls to get them one of those sock monkeys from today's game. There are similar out there, arguably even better actually.

http://www.amazon.com/Pittsburgh-Pen...ns+sock+monkey

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

A grown woman nagging you for a teddy? Really?

Well.... I suppose it is not weirder than my wife falling in love with a spider monkey and wanting one as the new BFF of our cat.

Bygones.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
A grown woman nagging you for a teddy? Really?

Well.... I suppose it is not weirder than my wife falling in love with a spider monkey and wanting one as the new BFF of our cat.

Bygones.
You can not tell me that I am the only one whose significant other is hammering them to get her one of these once she saw it. Besides, you make her happy, you get happy back later.

I remember taking the girlfriend to see the move twilight. After I watched that movie I knew three things. One the dude was a vampire. Two the chick loved him. Three I was so getting laid that night. I did not even care that she called me the guy's name.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
You can not tell me that I am the only one whose significant other is hammering them to get her one of these once she saw it. Besides, you make her happy, you get happy back later.
I honestly couldn't tell you that I ever had a serious relationship with woman/girl who still liked teddy bears.... but perhaps I am the outlier
Then again, as indicated, wanting a monkey might well be a lot weirder. Particularly as she didn't know it won't stay small and cute...

Quote:
I remember taking the girlfriend to see the move twilight. After I watched that movie I knew three things. One the dude was a vampire. Two the chick loved him. Three I was so getting laid that night. I did not even care that she called me the guy's name.
Haha! That one I can relate to, although not the name thing so much .

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Tellmeister

Let's get serious. It's not hard for Sid to rack up points when his 2 wingers are pacing 54 and 35 goals. He's just a product of having really good linesmates.

Tellmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmeister View Post
Let's get serious. It's not hard for Sid to rack up points when his 2 wingers are pacing 54 and 35 goals. He's just a product of having really good linesmates.
Sids currently 7 points away from being 2ppg. Imagine if he has a bunch of multi point games

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmeister View Post
Sid's obviously dragging his line down with his rather mediocre 12 goals. Kunitz would be leading the league in points if Crosby had any scoring touch whatsoever. Hands of Stone Crosby?

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
On Dupuis' 2nd goal I realized, "he's just toying with the rest of God's creatures."

He could have scored. He could have robbed Nabakov's house and had sex with his wife. Instead just just does that. Just please stay healthy.
Tabitha Eckler would have to acquiescence.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:29 AM
wheelz87
B2B Predictor Champ

+Sid. No explanation necessary. Like somebody said before, on Dupuis's 2nd goal, Sid could have easily put it home. He ended up making the goalie look terrible. Puck went left, every part of his body went right.

+BB. Unreal cross ice pass on the 5 on 3 to Neal. I'm torn with him on the PP, I'd like to see him out there but idk if we can actually take Kunitz off at this point. Had a nice low shot on that PP too. This kid can work that left wall.

+Kunitz. That slow start seems like ages ago. Man is he playing good.

+Pretty much everybody else.

-Sock monkey. Mines gone.

Oh and I think the sock monkeys need to stay. Kinda like Florida has the rats, we need the monkeys. Yes it's random, but in the funny kind of way.

wheelz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 03:57 AM
deakka

I would like to see Bennett on 5 on 4 PPs and not just the 5 on 3. But as someone said, how do you take Kunitz off it? I wouldnt mind Bennet taking Letangs place tho. Martin can man the point and Bennet the half wall. It feels like when both Maritn and Letang are on the PP, the left side wall are almost empty and not used at all.

deakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

send out different groups of guys on the powerplay throughout the game. Don't let the PK get comfortable.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:01 AM
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
How dominate has Crosby been? His assist total (33) is higher than all but 3 NHL players point total (Stamkos 37, Kunitz, 36, St. Louis 33).
I think the fact that Kunitz is in the top 3 is also testament to Crosby's domination.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ

How hilariously awesome would it be if Sid still cracked 100pts this season?

Coach John McGuirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:52 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
How hilariously awesome would it be if Sid still cracked 100pts this season?
The main board would be down for months I bet.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:05 AM
AgentM

Quote:

I texted a pic of the sock monkeys on the ice to my wife and she replied with 'You didn't throw my sock monkey, did you???'

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:27 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Those sock monkeys were damn cute.

Old
03-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Gooch

My wife saw those sock monkeys and really wanted one (she has a thing for sock monkeys). Where can they be bought after the fact?

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Gooch

Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
My wife saw those sock monkeys and really wanted one (she has a thing for sock monkeys). Where can they be bought after the fact?
Quote:
Just a FYI for those who, like me, have girlfriends busting their balls to get them one of those sock monkeys from today's game. There are similar out there, arguably even better actually.

lol Thanks, I didnt anticipate people actually being as interested in this as my wife is. I love amazon too, no state sales tax.

edit: oof 19.99 that's purchase in the actual stadium/arena type pricing, didnt expect that out of Amazon.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 06:49 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
Since they were a promotional item given out at the game last night courtesy of Trib Total Media I doubt you can buy one.

Maybe try Ebay perhaps??? As I know Ebay has had and still has alot of the promo items that have been given out at various home games throughout the years.

Hell from personal experience, Ebay is where I got my "Final Game At Mellon Arena" and "Inaugural Game at the CEC" commemorative aluminum tickets (that were given to those who attended those games on those nights) a few years back. Plus Ebay helped me acquire a copy of that "Mario Lemieux: The Best Ever" career highlights DVD that was only given out during one home game back in 2005.

Last edited by MetalheadPenguinsFan: 03-11-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old
03-11-2013, 07:11 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I will admit - for whatever reason my Mom uses them on a Christmas tree and loved 'em. I had to save at least one, but I threw about 4-5 of 'em on the ice after being pelted from above with about 10. The ones above are a lot cooler. The ones we got say "TRIB LIVE" nice and big on 'em.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote