Jersey Sore | Jets lose 3-2 in SO

Old
03-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Kitty Tank Time

vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by StronGeer View Post
Good. There's not much to like about the Thrashers, we should get as far away from them as possible.

If Noel isn't impressed with Burmi, it's probably an attitude/effort/listening problem. Plus he's small and it's very clear that Chevy/Noel like size. Doesn't seem like a very good fit.

We should be able to get something good in return for him. In Chevy we trust.
That would be the only reason I kinda like trading him, depending on return of course

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Tdoe42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Useless except for helping the team.
Not really he hasnt been that good lately. His East West game must infuriate Noel

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point.
I would be indifferent as long as we got good value for him.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

I'm surprised that some people are surprised that Burmistrov was benched.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:49 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

vCash: 1337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Not really he hasnt been that good lately. His East West game must infuriate Noel
For sure. Like now and then he'll take a pass at the red line and instead of going North-South to at least gain the zone, he tries to go East-West and the opposing team pressures him and he ends up having to circle back to the D-zone by himself. If he makes a bad pass then that's an odd man rush starting in your own zone.

StronGeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Kitty Tank Time

What would be the return on Burmistrov?

Old
03-10-2013, 10:52 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

the good news is that Pavalec was our best player two games in a row...he needs to be our best player.

i really do not understand Noel's hate for Burmistrov......Mietenen and Antropov are absolutely horrible hockey players....Wright is a passable fourth line guy....what does Noel see that makes him bench a young gifted player like that over and over and play those dish rags ahead of him?.....is this how to develop a young player ?...he's going to destroy him....this whole north south argument is so tired....he is one of our few players skilled with the puck.....how north south are some of these other guys that can hardly even carry the puck?

I like Jokinen, but he is minus a million.....Burmi leads the team in plus minus.....what is the deal....can someone in the media please ask Noel...and not accept one of his bogus roundabout answers.

does every team juggle their lines as much as we do?.....i swear Jokinen hasnt played with the same line mates three shifts in a row since he got here.....Noel seems to shuffle lines (except the first line) every period...how will they establish any chemistry....its like, one guy gets an assist and bam, he's on the second line for the rest of the night....i dont follow other teams close enough...is this common?

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
For sure. Like now and then he'll take a pass at the red line and instead of going North-South to at least gain the zone, he tries to go East-West and the opposing team pressures him and he ends up having to circle back to the D-zone by himself. If he makes a bad pass then that's an odd man rush starting in your own zone.
No doubt... Whats the point of dangling out the whole team if you just end up in the corner!! Take it to the damn net!!

Old
03-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
What would be the return on Burmistrov?
Hmm, I don't know. Is there a young first-rounder who is struggling on another team somewhere?

Like I said, I wouldn't mind as long as we got fair value. I feel the same with just about every other player on this team aside from Ladd (who I like as gritty captain who gets it done) and Byfuglien (who I find vastly entertaining to watch because he's such an odd talent). As we are a bubble team I don't think we should be adverse to most anyone being moved.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
the good news is that Pavalec was our best player two games in a row...he needs to be our best player.

i really do not understand Noel's hate for Burmistrov......Mietenen and Antropov are absolutely horrible hockey players....Wright is a passable fourth line guy....what does Noel see that makes him bench a young gifted player like that over and over and play those dish rags ahead of him?.....is this how to develop a young player ?...he's going to destroy him....this whole north south argument is so tired....he is one of our few players skilled with the puck.....how north south are some of these other guys that can hardly even carry the puck?

I like Jokinen, but he is minus a million.....Burmi leads the team in plus minus.....what is the deal....can someone in the media please ask Noel...and not accept one of his bogus roundabout answers.

does every team juggle their lines as much as we do?.....i swear Jokinen hasnt played with the same line mates three shifts in a row since he got here.....Noel seems to shuffle lines (except the first line) every period...how will they establish any chemistry....its like, one guy gets an assist and bam, he's on the second line for the rest of the night....i dont follow other teams close enough...is this common?
Him taking long shifts and not playing within the system deserves a benching

Old
03-10-2013, 10:59 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

i said in another thread...burmistrov is 16 months older than scheifele who is in the opinion of most here the second coming of dale hawerchuck but is playing against 16 year olds....its a bit early to throw him under the bus because he occasionally stick handles too much....at least he can stick handle.

i thought this board was all about long term, who cares about the present.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:01 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Him taking long shifts and not playing within the system deserves a benching
long shifts?.....where did you get that from?

what system is that exactly?....the one that makes him a plus 6, kills penalties and plays two ways?....or the system that has our third and fourth lines scoring 4 goals total this season?

how does he play less of this system than antro, mittens, welwood and jokinen?

Old
03-10-2013, 11:02 PM
viper0220

Quote:

I think we need a NHL caliber coach that can help develop young players. I think the perfect coach for the Jets is Randy Carlyle but he is taken. I think Noel hates Burmi because he is Russian, trade Burmi to the right team and with the right coach he can become lower level Datsyuk.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:02 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

Quote:
i said in another thread...burmistrov is 16 months older than scheifele who is in the opinion of most here the second coming of dale hawerchuck but is playing against 16 year olds....its a bit early to throw him under the bus because he occasionally stick handles too much....at least he can stick handle.

i thought this board was all about long term, who cares about the present.
If he won't listen (and observations show he isn't) then that is a long term problem. Attitude can't be changed. If he's not playing in the system then he shouldn't be playing. If he were trying and doing what Noel asked of him, then he wouldn't be benched. For reference, see James Wright.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:05 PM
StronGeer
Nvr tell me the odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
I think we need a NHL caliber coach that can help develop young players. I think the perfect coach for the Jets is Randy Carlyle but he is taken. I think Noel hates Burmi because he is Russian, trade Burmi to the right team and with the right coach he can become lower level Datsyuk.
What the? Where the? Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Antro is Russian and that lumbering slow-poke doesn't get benched as often as Burmi.

EDIT: Tangradi rode the pine as well tonight. And he is distinctly not Russian.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:07 PM
viper0220

Quote:
What the? Where the? Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Antro is russian and that lumbering slow-poke doesn't get benched as often as Burmi.

I don't know, it is just a guess.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Aries56

Never been sold on Noel's coaching. He doesn't seem to give guys a chance to succeed.

Last year, I don't think Fehr got a fair look. He was always benched and look what he's been doing now. Give guys a chance to succeed and they might surprise you... but it seems under Noel's system, you do one thing that he doesn't like, and you're done for the rest of the game. Looked like that's what happened to Burmi tonight.

Aries56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
I'm surprised that some people are surprised that Burmistrov was benched.
Really? He is playing no worse than the other players who have almost double his TOI and yet he is the only one who gets benched for a period.

You don't seriously think Jokinen, Wellwood, and Miettinen deserved all that extra ice time over Burmistrov, right?

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tntkid

At least the Jets scrounged a point.

I can see the Jets moving both Antropov & Burmistrov come the trade deadline.

I like Burmistrov but if it means moving him to better the team then so be it.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
long shifts?.....where did you get that from?

what system is that exactly?....the one that makes him a plus 6, kills penalties and plays two ways?....or the system that has our third and fourth lines scoring 4 goals total this season?

how does he play less of this system than antro, mittens, welwood and jokinen?
1 1 1:35 / 18:25 3:02 / 16:58 01:27
2 1 4:34 / 15:26 5:04 / 14:56 00:30
3 1 7:09 / 12:51 8:10 / 11:50 01:01
4 1 10:48 / 9:12 11:16 / 8:44 00:28
5 1 12:36 / 7:24 14:28 / 5:32 01:52
6 1 16:17 / 3:43 17:21 / 2:39 01:04
7 1 18:16 / 1:44 19:52 / 0:08 01:36
8 2 11:11 / 8:49 12:35 / 7:25 01:24

=

Benched...

Old
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Good. There's not much to like about the Thrashers, we should get as far away from them as possible.

If Noel isn't impressed with Burmi, it's probably an attitude/effort/listening problem. Plus he's small and it's very clear that Chevy/Noel like size. Doesn't seem like a very good fit.

We should be able to get something good in return for him. In Chevy we trust.
Meh. What's the point of having big players that play small most of the time? Burmistrov plays like one of the biggest guys on the team.

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tom ServoMST3K
Kitty Tank Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post

Old
03-10-2013, 11:09 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
If he won't listen (and observations show he isn't) then that is a long term problem. Attitude can't be changed. If he's not playing in the system then he shouldn't be playing. If he were trying and doing what Noel asked of him, then he wouldn't be benched. For reference, see James Wright.
what is Noel asking of him that he is not doing that antropov, jokinen, welwood and mietenen are?....that is my question.....he leads the team in +/-.....he kills penalties....is one of the better physical on the team.....i just dont get what 'system' he is not playing.....until someone can articulate that for me, i dont buy it.

if you want to bench someone, bench the guys 6'-4" and over who are as soft as sponges.

Old
03-10-2013, 11:11 PM
sully1410
#EggosForEleven

vCash: 127
With the talent that this team has on it's roster...we should be leading the SE right now, the fact that we're not is purely based on systematic errors. I am starting to believe that a different coach could get way more out of this team then Noel does.

I know the argument is that the players aren't playing well yada yada yada, but why exactly do we think that is?

Are they lazy? Just don't care? If those things are the case....then whose shoulders does THAT fall on?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Boreal

I find Jokinen fights the puck at times. I like the guy, but he has to be able to give us more then he currently is on the ice. We need some production. He certainly isn't the only player struggling, but he is one of the few who is highly paid and expected to produce decent numbers that is not producing.

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote