HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks lose to Oilers 6-5

Old
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Great comeback by the Hawks, but this game probably wouldn't have been close if Dubnyk doesn't make that bone-headed play coming out of his net. Momentum completely shifted after that.
No argument here. Oy.

GreatMcKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:07 PM
BronYrAur

vCash: 500
The ugly defensive lapses cost us tonight like they did last year.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Dr. Acula
Global Moderator

The game was over after the 1st period. But the Hawks woke up, shifted the momentum, and the spirited play of Kane almost tied the game. The defensive coverage was atrocious, easily the worst all season. I don't feel too terrible about the loss. Thankfully it wasn't a blowout. But we deserved the loss.

Dr. Acula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:13 PM
zytz
lumberjack

I'll say it again:
Not sure if it was visible on the feed but there were several missed interference and holding calls that were missed, in every period... lots that probably would not have been called normally, but 4-5 that I can think of that were fairly blatant. I can only imagine it was very demoralizing for our guys to get beaten up on the scoreboard and physically mugged behind the play without any help from the refs. I don't know if means a win vs. a loss, but the zebras were certainly a factor tonight.

Largely I think the team showed that they can battle through that kind of adversity and make a serious comeback.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:15 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

A much needed 3 days off to reboot. Columbus is going to run into a steamroller IMO

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:17 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Team really does miss Sharp
LOL I'd agree except the only thing Sharp has missed all year is the net.

Toews needs to raise his game, plain and simple.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Kane At Mifflin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
LOL I'd agree except the only thing Sharp has missed all year is the net.

Toews needs to raise his game, plain and simple.
Couldn't agree more. The only one consistently bringing it this year is Kane and close second in Hossa.

Kane At Mifflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:20 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
A much needed 3 days off to reboot. Columbus is going to run into a steamroller IMO
The hawks could have already lost every game vs Columbus this season and they are now on a five game winning streak. Nope, the gig is up fellows, the hawks will have their hands full Thursday and I would not be at all surprised if we lose again.

Teams have figured out 5-6 games ago not to give the hawk D any time and space in their own end and the forwards simply don't win enough along the boards, the finesse of this team is showing, we need another big body forward or two WHO CAN PLAY THE GAME OF HOCKEY, not another Bollig stint.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
BigClemMacdonald

Quote:
Kane was a man possessed in 2nd and 3rd period
Problem is that he is equally as good at disappearing.

When he wants to he's dominant but he ALWAYS goes through stretches where he just coasts along.

BigClemMacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

When is it time to start worrying that Crawford and Emery are turning in to, well, Crawford and Emery?

Some of these goals lately have been brutal.

Old
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Tayvaan

Quote:
When is it time to start worrying that Crawford and Emery are turning in to, well, Crawford and Emery?

Some of these goals lately have been brutal.
Only one of them was a bad goal today, there is a lot more to criticize in our defense than our goaltending tonight.

As for when we start to worry well, its 24 good/great games vs 2 bad/mediocre games. I'm not sure when to panic exactly but the 12:1 ratio doesn't have me in cold sweats just yet.

Imo we lost tonight due to the whole team having a godawful first along with a bad pk until the end. They showed life in the second which is a good sign, hopefully they carry it over into the next game.

Tayvaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
madgoat33

loss sucks, but damn, i was impressed with the way the hawks fought back. they sacked up after a terrible start. pk killed them today, Seabrook got beat by smaller players for the same play two times, but giving so much space was also a problem. hopefully they can build on what they showed in the final two periods.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Quote:
The hawks could have already lost every game vs Columbus this season and they are now on a five game winning streak. Nope, the gig is up fellows, the hawks will have their hands full Thursday and I would not be at all surprised if we lose again.

Teams have figured out 5-6 games ago not to give the hawk D any time and space in their own end and the forwards simply don't win enough along the boards, the finesse of this team is showing, we need another big body forward or two WHO CAN PLAY THE GAME OF HOCKEY, not another Bollig stint.
Two losses and the sky is falling. Typical for these boards.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Penosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I'll say it again:
Not sure if it was visible on the feed but there were several missed interference and holding calls that were missed, in every period... lots that probably would not have been called normally, but 4-5 that I can think of that were fairly blatant. I can only imagine it was very demoralizing for our guys to get beaten up on the scoreboard and physically mugged behind the play without any help from the refs. I don't know if means a win vs. a loss, but the zebras were certainly a factor tonight.
They didn't need any help from the refs in the 1st period.

Also, the Oilers had scored 0 goals and had 0 PPs in their last two games. Maybe the refs decided to let 'em hook and hold a bit to make up for it. If that had to come at the Blackhawks' expense, oh well, they can take it.

Penosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:50 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Please no sky is falling. I am concerned about the loosy goosy play though. WTF.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:53 PM
madgoat33

Keith and Seabrook have to be better, plain and simple. toews looks off too.

i thought leddy/hjalmarsson looked good together and was possibly a preview of a great d-pairing we could have for the next 5+ years

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:54 PM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1000
I think it's simply fatigue and nothing more. If they suck next game after their break, then maybe something is a miss. And even then, I wouldn't step on the ledge as some of you are already doing.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:10 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
They didn't need any help from the refs in the 1st period.

Also, the Oilers had scored 0 goals and had 0 PPs in their last two games. Maybe the refs decided to let 'em hook and hold a bit to make up for it. If that had to come at the Blackhawks' expense, oh well, they can take it.
I guess I didn't really state it explicitly, but mostly I'm just impressed with our ability to play trough such a slanted game. There was some sloppy play for sure, but overall I feel good about this loss- team made a serious comeback and seriously dominated the third period.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
loss sucks, but damn, i was impressed with the way the hawks fought back. they sacked up after a terrible start. pk killed them today, Seabrook got beat by smaller players for the same play two times, but giving so much space was also a problem. hopefully they can build on what they showed in the final two periods.
That was my takeaway tonight. Sucks giving up all those goals and such a big lead, but there doesn't seem to be any quit in this team. You need that to make deep playoff runs. I'm not worried after a couple of bad defensive games against 2 teams with tons of speed that always seem to be match-up problems for us. The fact that we fought back as well as we did speaks volumes to me.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

It's a message board, way to be respectful. Some of you sound like little kids sometimes.

Tough games, nice comeback effort. Terrible defensive structure for the second game in a row. Goaltending was suspect as well but 5 of the 6 goals were pretty much grade A chances.

Loved seeing that passion in Kane. He was amazing in the last 40.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Red Mosquito

Agree about Kane. Once again Kane is far and away this team's best player this year.

Red Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

It's bad losing and giving up all these goals to bottom dweller teams, but the positives are we didn't relinquish divisional points and we didn't lose to teams that we are in any fear playing in the playoffs. There's 6 points separating the 3rd place team and the 14th placed team so good luck to those teams sorting that mess out. Rest up and recharge time now.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Emery is still undefeated and has a 10-0-0 statline.

Game sucked at the beginning and I was close to turn it off and go back to bed. I didn't. Nothing much to say. Kane is unreal, Emery started the game with a soft goal against and I still don't get why Q split up the 3rd line

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:33 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a trend. Not worried yet about this team falling on their face against 2 of the worst teams in the NHL. If they give up 4 or more to Columbus next game after 3 days off, then I will be worried at that point.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:12 AM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Kane was a man possessed in 2nd and 3rd period
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8M8 View Post
Yup, agreed. Played unreal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Agree about Kane. Once again Kane is far and away this team's best player this year.
An example of how Kane would be if he played in the eastern conference.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote