HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question to ex-Nordiques fans that became Habs fan.

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2005, 05:56 PM
bastone

vCash: 500
Question to ex-Nordiques fans that became Habs fan.

All I want to know is why do ex-Nordiques fans cheer for the Habs now that there is no hockey in Quebec?Ok fine you don't want to cheer for Colorado but why the Habs?A team you wanted to kill every game?Fans of the Canadiens that you felt like killing? My dad was a Nordiques fan because he hated the Habs,but after the move now cheers for Ottawa.So im just curious of knowing why ? And please don't tell me because they are in the same Province because that's crap!Who cares... Thanks and hope to hear from you many

Old
04-03-2005, 11:54 AM
bastone

I guess nobody know's why,and so do I!!!

Old
04-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo_Joe_19
All I want to know is why do ex-Nordiques fans cheer for the Habs now that there is no hockey in Quebec?Ok fine you don't want to cheer for Colorado but why the Habs?A team you wanted to kill every game?Fans of the Canadiens that you felt like killing? My dad was a Nordiques fan because he hated the Habs,but after the move now cheers for Ottawa.So im just curious of knowing why ? And please don't tell me because they are in the same Province because that's crap!Who cares... Thanks and hope to hear from you many
There is different level of fanatism and hate! I was a habs fan but as much as I wanted the habs to beat the nordiques, I supported the Nordiques agains every other team.

When one team was eliminated most of the fans were pushing for the other team from Quebec. In 1993 after 2 games 99% of the guys in my class seems nordiques fans, after 6 games there was no Nordiques fans left.

It's like junior hockey; even if many fans hates the Oceanics, most quebec fans will support them if they go to the the memorial cup.

Old
04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
bastone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
There is different level of fanatism and hate! I was a habs fan but as much as I wanted the habs to beat the nordiques, I supported the Nordiques agains every other team.

When one team was eliminated most of the fans were pushing for the other team from Quebec. In 1993 after 2 games 99% of the guys in my class seems nordiques fans, after 6 games there was no Nordiques fans left.

It's like junior hockey; even if many fans hates the Oceanics, most quebec fans will support them if they go to the the memorial cup.
That is totally different,they are representing the LHJMQ,you cannot compare,we are talking about your most hated rival and then you start cheering for them? To me it makes absolutly no sence!

Old
04-03-2005, 01:39 PM
TroyM

Read the other part of his post then... They were bitter rivals when facing eachother, but they still supported the Quebecois when they weren't pitted against eachother.

Old
04-03-2005, 01:43 PM
bastone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM
Read the other part of his post then... They were bitter rivals when facing eachother, but they still supported the Quebecois when they weren't pitted against eachother.
ok I get it,I will beleive it when the Sens fans cheer for the Leafs after they get elimenated

Old
04-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Masao

Most ex-nordiques fans I know are now Avs fans and hate the Habs more than any other team in the NHL...

Closed Thread