HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RH top 4 Defensemen to the Leafs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 10:50 AM
  #1
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
RH top 4 Defensemen to the Leafs

What would it take to trade for a Good Shutdown / Two way D to play with Phaneuf? someone like Robin Regehr or a Dan Girardi

The leafs have an abundance of wingers and left handed D

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:56 AM
  #2
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJoffreyLupul View Post
What would it take to trade for a Good Shutdown / Two way D to play with Phaneuf? someone like Robin Regehr or a Dan Girardi

The leafs have an abundance of wingers and left handed D
McBain isn't a shutdown guy, but he's two-way-ish.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:59 AM
  #3
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
McBain isn't a shutdown guy, but he's two-way-ish.
what does carolina need?

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:08 AM
  #4
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJoffreyLupul View Post
what does carolina need?
Ironically, Carolina needs dmen; though, I could see the team trading McBain for more of a veteran presence on the back end.

Carolina could also use some forward depth.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:11 AM
  #5
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job
 
Leafs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond Hill
Country: Romania
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Ironically, Carolina needs dmen; though, I could see the team trading McBain for more of a veteran presence on the back end.

Carolina could also use some forward depth.
Liles for McBain ?

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:13 AM
  #6
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Ironically, Carolina needs dmen; though, I could see the team trading McBain for more of a veteran presence on the back end.

Carolina could also use some forward depth.
how about mcbain for liles?

maybe we can add koska if you send us a pick

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:15 AM
  #7
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
(LH)Carl Gunnarsson for (RH)Jamie McBain

Phaneuf-Franson
Gardiner-McBain
Fraser-Holzer


I know Leaf fans look to fully upgrade without depleting, but this trade does a lot of good and opens up a spot of Gardiner.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
  #8
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Liles for McBain ?
Way off here. McBain>>>>>>>Liles.

Thinking more like McBain for Komisarek+MacArthur, if Leafs keep some of Komisarek's salary.

Or (and I'm honestly not sure of his value) I could see Carolina wanting to swap Franson and McBain.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
  #9
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
(LH)Carl Gunnarsson for (RH)Jamie McBain

Phaneuf-Franson
Gardiner-McBain
Fraser-Holzer


I know Leaf fans look to fully upgrade without depleting, but this trade does a lot of good and opens up a spot of Gardiner.
gunnarson is too good to be traded imo, his stickwork and positioning is what we need right now.

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:17 AM
  #10
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Way off here. McBain>>>>>>>Liles.

Thinking more like McBain for Komisarek+MacArthur, if Leafs keep some of Komisarek's salary.

Or (and I'm honestly not sure of his value) I could see Carolina wanting to swap Franson and McBain.
first deal is done like dinner at the trade deadline

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
  #11
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
(LH)Carl Gunnarsson for (RH)Jamie McBain

Phaneuf-Franson
Gardiner-McBain
Fraser-Holzer


I know Leaf fans look to fully upgrade without depleting, but this trade does a lot of good and opens up a spot of Gardiner.
Does/can Gunnarsson play the right side? If so, this might work.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
  #12
The Caveman
snowbozie
 
The Caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
Reunite Regehr and Phaneuf? Hmmm, I like it. What would it take to get him from Buffalo? They probably just want to get rid of his salary..Maybe Holzer and a 2nd?

The Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:26 AM
  #13
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Does/can Gunnarsson play the right side? If so, this might work.
The main thing is that I would like for them to open up a spot on the left side for Gardiner. Carlyle plays a system where you do not play your off side.

It would be nice to pick up a decent RH dman aswell.

Because we are sitting with, Kostka, Franson, Holzer.


Gunnarsson is our most complete Dman, Phaneuf is our captain, and Fraser is racking serious numbers in the +/- category - So getting a spot open for Gardiner may be a task in its own.

Has Fraser done enough to garner interest from any teams? He has bought into the system and then some.....but I am just wondering.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:27 AM
  #14
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJoffreyLupul View Post
What would it take to trade for a Good Shutdown / Two way D to play with Phaneuf? someone like Robin Regehr or a Dan Girardi
The leafs have an abundance of wingers and left handed D
Girardi wouldn't be moved for a LHD considering we have McDonagh, Staal, and Del Zotto.

Girardi wouldn't be moved for a winger considering we have Hagelin, Nash, Gaborik, and Callahan.

Girardi to Tor isn't happening.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:33 AM
  #15
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,030
vCash: 500
What does Toronto think about Coburn?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:34 AM
  #16
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
What does Toronto think about Coburn?
what does philly need?

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #17
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
The main thing is that I would like for them to open up a spot on the left side for Gardiner. Carlyle plays a system where you do not play your off side.

It would be nice to pick up a decent RH dman aswell.

Because we are sitting with, Kostka, Franson, Holzer.


Gunnarsson is our most complete Dman, Phaneuf is our captain, and Fraser is racking serious numbers in the +/- category - So getting a spot open for Gardiner may be a task in its own.

Has Fraser done enough to garner interest from any teams? He has bought into the system and then some.....but I am just wondering.
The reason I asked if Gunnarsson can play on his right side is because Carolina ideally needs a partner for Pitkanen, who already plays the left side.

I've noticed Fraser a few times this season. I've liked what I've seen, but I think Carolina has their own Fraser in Harrison.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
  #18
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
How about Kyle Quincey for a pick?

Only has 1 point this year, but is a +10 and definitely playing more of a shutdown role so far at just over 19 minutes per night.

He can also play in all situations -- the only problem is he's a bit overpaid.

Edit -- Missed the whole "RH" thing. Sorry about that. Still, there's always Ian White...


Last edited by RedMenace: 03-12-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP I can't read.
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:39 AM
  #19
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJoffreyLupul View Post
what does philly need?
We would like draft picks and young dman back.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
  #20
Sterling31
Takin' Over
 
Sterling31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
The reason I asked if Gunnarsson can play on his right side is because Carolina ideally needs a partner for Pitkanen, who already plays the left side.

I've noticed Fraser a few times this season. I've liked what I've seen, but I think Carolina has their own Fraser in Harrison.
Yup, you really do, actually forgot. Harrison is that salty dog that plays a similar game, unnoticeable means effective.

On the right side, We are in the same situation then it seems; However, I assume your coach is willing to play LH dman on the right side.

We have a abundance of ready guys, Komisarek and Liles, both are decent players and a soft deal for one of them makes quite a bit of sense.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
  #21
OMGaudreau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Reuniting Regehr and Phaneuf would be hilarious. They cant stand each other.

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:46 AM
  #22
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
What does Toronto think about Coburn?
I like him, but the price tag would be to high, and we need LHD more so then RHD. Unless he is a RHD and what is written online is wrong, if thats the case I'll start the package at a 1st + thats not Gardiner, Rielly, Phaneuf, Kadri, Kessel, JvR or Reimer.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:46 AM
  #23
nimos
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Just gonna throw the name Matt Niskanen out there. Guy is a really solid smooth skating PMD. Right Handed shot, makes a great first pass and he's young. Might be 26.

nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
  #24
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
What does Toronto think about Coburn?
I'd be interested for sure.

How's his skating? Haven't really watched him since Atlanta.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
  #25
SexyJoffreyLupul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I'd be interested for sure.

How's his skating? Haven't really watched him since Atlanta.
i think hes been philly's best defensemen

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.