HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Moving Schneider is the Canucks Best Move

Old
03-11-2013, 08:27 AM
LastWordArmy
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Moving Schneider is the Canucks Best Move

http://lastwordonsports.com/why-moving-schneider-is-the-canucks-best-move/

Quote:
One appropriate suitor for the Canucks might be the New Jersey Devils. The Devils, although they have three goaltending prospects in their system, neither Scott Wedgewood, Maxime Clermont, nor Keith Kinkaid are ready for the big show.

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Devilish Predator

Was just about to mention NJ, but it seems you've got it covered

I would love to see him come to NJ, just wondering what the price would be... I hope it's not too steep.

Devilish Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Inflict
Viking

Schnieder would ultimately net the Canucks a better return as he doesn't have a ridiculous contract attached to him. NJ would seem to be an ideal partner.

Something like Henrique + 1st + Frazee (or another G-prospect that can replace Lack in the minors) + Matteau (or another prospect).

Not sure what NJ or Vancouver fans would think, but Henrique would almost certainly have to be part of the deal.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Tyler Myers

Kinda mentioned it on another threads a few months ago...

the market for schneider is bigger so is the return. luongo was always the better goalie (IMO) plus his age goes well with the rest of the core anyways.

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:43 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Schnieder would ultimately net the Canucks a better return as he doesn't have a ridiculous contract attached to him. NJ would seem to be an ideal partner.

Something like Henrique + 1st + Frazee (or another G-prospect that can replace Lack in the minors) + Matteau (or another prospect).

Not sure what NJ or Vancouver fans would think, but Henrique would almost certainly have to be part of the deal.
Im not a Devils fan but that seems like a MASSIVE overpayment.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Devilish Predator

Quote:

That is major overpayment... Idk what exactly would have to be given, but that is far too much.

Devilish Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Im not a Devils fan but that seems like a MASSIVE overpayment.
The market for the best proven young goaltender not named Carey Price is going to be steep. Canucks may have to add some depth players as well, but I don't see Schneider moving for any less then a proven young NHLer, 1st round pick, and a prospect.

Old
03-11-2013, 08:55 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

It seems like Luongo, Bernier, Bishop, etc have all been on the market for a while. I'm just not convinced there's an actual trade market for goalies.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
It seems like Luongo, Bernier, Bishop, etc have all been on the market for a while. I'm just not convinced there's an actual trade market for goalies.
There isn't. I think Luongo was the last big goaltender trade in the league so there isn't much standards to go by when it comes to an elite goaltender's value (no Bryzgalov is not an elite goaltender). I think GMs are trying to lowball each other, but in this case the Canucks have the advantage as they have two number 1 goaltenders.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Josefson and a 1st(15th-20th) for Schneider and a 2nd(50th-60th)

Let's not kid ourselves goalies, never ever bring back big returns.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
Kinda mentioned it on another threads a few months ago...

the market for schneider is bigger so is the return. luongo was always the better goalie (IMO) plus his age goes well with the rest of the core anyways.
me too, Canucks window is now, they maintain essentially the same level of goaltending but get a much better return.

just took a few months to sink in i guess or they just needed to think its their own idea

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:19 AM
JJTT

Best young goaltender? He turns 27 next week.

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:21 AM
goal1228

Quote:

Wow ... I'm not a devils fan but there is no way LL trades Henrique in a deal for Shnieder

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Best young goaltender?

Is that why your team has considered trading him?
What an asinine post. The team can't keep both players, they have probably "considered" trading each of them (after all, every team doesn't just go around making commitments without considering the consequences, ).

You can't use that as a slight against either player any more than you can say that Andrew Ladd or Kris Versteeg or Dustin Byfuglien or Brian Campbell aren't good players because the Blackhawks chose to keep Toews/Kane/Sharp/Hossa/Keith/Seabrook together instead.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post

Until Sherman traded a 1st (11th overall) and 2nd round pick for Varlamov

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Best young goaltender? He turns 27 next week.
Fair enough. I still consider 26 young though.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

If the rumor of what the Leafs offered at draft for Luongo is true (Kadri + Bozak + 2nd) and turned it down... they have NO chance of moving Luongo now.

That was their window and it's closed shut now.

Schneider is best option, but thinking again Gillis will blow it as he is probably going to ask for too much... don't think Canucks will get nearly as much as they hope/want for either of these guys to be honest.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by goal1228 View Post
Wow ... I'm not a devils fan but there is no way LL trades Henrique in a deal for Shnieder
I can't claim to read the mind of LL, so I am basing it off value. What if Henrique was swapped with Adam Larsson? Better or worse?

Old
03-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post

Okay, that's simply not true.

First, when was the last big name goalie moved? It really doesn't happen often, as typically if a team has a legit top 10 goalie they are not looking to move him. Because of this you can't really state that a big name goalie "never" brings back a big return.

Second, when we look at younger goalies who have been traded the return is all over the map. The Halak deal is widely disputed as a bad trade for Montreal, and it's commonly argued that Montreal could have received more in that deal had they shopped Halak properly. Then at the other end of the spectrum there's Varlamov, who was traded for a 1st & 2nd round draft pick. More recently still there's Lindback, who was traded for two 2nd round picks and a 3rd rounder. Out of all of the goalies listed above, Schneider has the highest value and potential.

I will say this: the market for goalies is cyclical. Meaning Gillis will need to be patient with this deal, just as he has been. He will also have to have the foresight to act when the timing is right however, and some argue that his best chance was last offseason when he still had some leverage. I'm not sure I agree as it's impossible to know what kind of offers were on the table. If there isn't a market for goalies now, that could change suddenly. We have until the start of next season to make a deal, so we do have some time still.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:30 AM
goal1228

Quote:
I can't claim to read the mind of LL, so I am basing it off value. What if Henrique was swapped with Adam Larsson? Better or worse?
I might be misreading value here . I just do not think that the Devils would trade a player like Henrique esp. after the playoff he had last year. Maybe the Devils fans can speak more to the value of your proposal.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I'm not sure I see NJ as a good trading partner. We would want a deal centered around Larsson or Henrique and I'm not sure NJ would want to move either.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Petes2424

Quote:

Henrique, a 1st, Frazee and Matteau? Wow...

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:43 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
If the rumor of what the Leafs offered at draft for Luongo is true (Kadri + Bozak + 2nd) and turned it down...
Well there's no indication it is unless you happen to think Damien Cox is credible..

Quote:
they have NO chance of moving Luongo now.

That was their window and it's closed shut now.
But even if it was this does not follow from that.

Quote:
Schneider is best option, but thinking again Gillis will blow it as he is probably going to ask for too much... don't think Canucks will get nearly as much as they hope/want for either of these guys to be honest.
Yeah, this thread is headed in exactly the direction I thought it would.

It's been a slice..

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
The market for the best proven young goaltender not named Carey Price is going to be steep. Canucks may have to add some depth players as well, but I don't see Schneider moving for any less then a proven young NHLer, 1st round pick, and a prospect.
Im going to go with Quick has proven a bit more. You do know Schneider is an 86' right? He's not old by any means but he's 27 and he's never been a starting goaltender in the NHL. Yes, he's very good but he's not worth the farm.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

If I was NJ I would go after Bishop. Give up a 2nd + prospect for him instead of selling off top assets to get Schneider.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote