HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anaheim - Montreal

Old
03-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Suddenly7

vCash: 500
Anaheim - Montreal

Anaheim

Lars Eller

Montreal

Peter Holland

Devante Smith-Pelly

Maybe add a pick? 2nd

- Anaheim picks up a solid center prospect. Eller could be used more effectively on the second line than Bonino and could play wing.

- Montreal picks up two solid prospect from Anaheim that are big and physical. Both have a lot of upside and would work better in the Montreal system. Both prospects have awesome playmaking potential once they adapt to the NHL. Thoughts?

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

That's a big no from Anaheim IMO. Holland is equal to a 1st. So that's a 1st+DSP+another pick? If we are giving up that type of package it's going to be for a much better player. Holland is already a great center prospect.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Exit Dose

Why is everyone chucking Devo into their trade proposals these days? Our team isn't going to throw the towel in with a prospect that young.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
ekof232

vCash: 1195
Pretty good value for Eller but the Habs pass on this one.

Eller has shown to have chemistry with Galchenyuk (amongst others) and is playing very well both offensively and defensively right now (main proponent of our third line and balanced scoring).

Though he remains underrated, he seriously is one of the reasons for our resurgence this season (along with a more experienced and better D, more scoring depth, an improved system, and leadership from the front office out).

ekof232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Suddenly7

If I had to choose between Eller and Hollands I would go with Eller. Eller is someone that will fit into our system really well because he is fast, physical, and has great vision. At times I see he can create plays for himself and his linemates.
Defensively he is better than both Holland and Pelley. Sadly he hasn't played with players like Ryan or Selanne to really make an impact in the NHL. I added Pelley as a kicker to make the deal happen.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Solid return for Eller, but not a trade I'd pass on from a Habs POV simply because Eller has been playing very well and we're in no position to trade a proven asset for prospects as of now.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Solid return for Eller, but not a trade I'd pass on from a Habs POV simply because Eller has been playing very well and we're in no position to trade a proven asset for prospects as of now.
Agreed with this. As much as it's a pair of really good prospects - and ones who are ready/almost ready to step up too - it's still prospects and Eller has become a key player for the Habs in a surprisingly winning season, so it wouldn't make sense to step back.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
BJCOLLINS

If we lost Eller I would be looking for this type of value and happy to get it. Having said that, Eller has looked really good this year. Last year he proved he could play at a high level, even on a leaderless team.

I'd like to see how he matures on a team with a purpose.

BJCOLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Very interesting return for Eller but like most have said right now is a really bad time for the Habs to move Eller. Maybe at the draft, depending on what we do going forward with Desharnais

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote