HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Does Our Defense Look Like Next Year (Ideally, No Trades)

Old
03-13-2013, 11:00 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
If Marincin gets pencilled in then the Oilers dcore will continue to suck. He's not ready.
I'm as excited about Marincin as anyone, but this is so true. Him and Gernat have great potential, but neither were ever going to be in the lineup right away. Aside from Klefbom, Musil is our most NHL ready d prospect by a mile

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
I seriously hope Potter is off of this team. If Krueger and Tambellini can't tell that he isn't an NHL player then there is something wrong with them. Whitney and Peckham won't be signed.. Fistric is almost guaranteed to be signed and same with Smid if he isn't dealt on deadline day. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mark Streit signed here in the off-season due to his relationship with Krueger.

Streit - J. Schultz
Smid - Petry
Fistric - N. Schultz
Teubert

Klefbom stays a year in the minors before we make room for him starting 2014.

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Yablo21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I seriously hope Potter is off of this team. If Krueger and Tambellini can't tell that he isn't an NHL player then there is something wrong with them. Whitney and Peckham won't be signed.. Fistric is almost guaranteed to be signed and same with Smid if he isn't dealt on deadline day. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mark Streit signed here in the off-season due to his relationship with Krueger.

Streit - J. Schultz
Smid - Petry
Fistric - N. Schultz
Teubert

Klefbom stays a year in the minors before we make room for him starting 2014.
I may be the minority here, but I want Whitney to stay. A healthy, committed Whitney is a HUGE asset. He has been close to form lately, and all that early season animosity will be easily wiped out with a few more wins.

I just don't want him to part like Souray did, this management and coaching has been really touchy since Pronger. I agree players should probably keep their mouths shut but there is so much frustration and tension when a team is losing game after game that there should be a bit of tolerance.

Yablo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:14 AM
oil10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Those are three very different players, both in tradability and value.

1) OEL is not being moved. PHX will give him big money and likely match any offer sheet tabled for him

2) Yandle, while great, is not the type of defenseman we need. He is basically an advanced version of Schultz, and does not compliment his game whatsoever. Acquiring him will create a Visnovsky-Souray like dilemma where both were top pairing Dmen in their own right, but neither could be relied upon in a shutdown role to play with each other.

3)McDonagh is among a log-jam of defensemen on the Ranger blue line (Staal, Girardi, MDZ), on a team that's lacking a true RW scoring threat (Gabby and Nash are both LW). Rangers need goals more than they need to prevent them right now, especially seeing as how Lundqvist can excel even with an average defense.

I think Ebs is someone Sather gives up a talent like McDonagh for
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Well, if the Oilers want to get competitive to the point of being contenders before all of the young ELCs are up, they're pretty much forced to trade either their 1st pick this year+ or trade one of our skilled wingers. I'd love it to be Hemsky, but he won't command the same that, say, Eberle would. With Eberle, we could legitimately pick up a young-ish stud d-man. And with another top-10 pick this year, we'll be adding another fantastic piece-- maybe not as good as Eberle, or maybe even on D, but the team needs more defense than scoring, in my humble opinion.

Secondly, if the team picks a d-man this year, they can always sign a UFA 2nd line forward to help out with some scoring-- preferably a bigger, tougher player who can park himself in front of the net or use his size to win battles down low and retrieve the puck.

I'd honestly RATHER trade a skill guy for some help on the back end than suffer through another "oh we need a stud d-man SO badly" season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
McDonagh is a 23yr old LD poised for #1 status soon...

Ebs for RMcD?
WHAT????
I cannot believe people are ready to trade Eberle . . . . are you all kidding me. He is one of the big pieces in the Oilers and SHOULD be an Oilers for a long time.

Makes me disgusted in people that suggest to trade him . . . give your heads a shake!!

oil10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'm as excited about Marincin as anyone, but this is so true. Him and Gernat have great potential, but neither were ever going to be in the lineup right away. Aside from Klefbom, Musil is our most NHL ready d prospect by a mile
Agreed. I want guys like him to get a cup of coffee mid season next year, maybe to give them an idea of what the league is like so they know what to work on in the minors and to give them some confidence. I have no problem bringing guys along slowly.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:29 PM
fuswald
I'd Be Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Agreed. I want guys like him to get a cup of coffee mid season next year, maybe to give them an idea of what the league is like so they know what to work on in the minors and to give them some confidence. I have no problem bringing guys along slowly.
Cup of coffee. Funny way of saying a shot or a go. "hired a new guy today and gave him a cup of coffee"

How about a cup like Coffey.

It's hard enough to keep track of all the acronyms of things, actions and names but now some sort of new hockey language? GMAB.

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil10 View Post
WHAT????
I cannot believe people are ready to trade Eberle . . . . are you all kidding me. He is one of the big pieces in the Oilers and SHOULD be an Oilers for a long time.

Makes me disgusted in people that suggest to trade him . . . give your heads a shake!!
Don't even bother. Hemsky_83 has been saying Ebs for McDonagh for who knows how long now. I dont think he has a gone a day without mentioning that trade and talking about how bad Hall is and how we should have selected Seguin. Most fans do not want to trade Eberle and the management sure as hell doesn't want to either. So that is all that matters.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:49 PM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
Cup of coffee. Funny way of saying a shot or a go. "hired a new guy today and gave him a cup of coffee"

How about a cup like Coffey.

It's hard enough to keep track of all the acronyms of things, actions and names but now some sort of new hockey language? GMAB.
It's not a new expression, lolz

AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
Is there any chance Teubert would make the team?
Only if were looking for another 1OA.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote