HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

27|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Boston Bruins|Fun with Pictures!|Tuesday March 12th|7:30PM

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-12-2013, 11:10 AM
  #51
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 26,561
vCash: 500
I have my doubts Engelland will be a regular in the postseason for us. Have no problem seeing how Despres and Niskanen play against Boston. Eaton has been good in his shifts with Letang.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
  #52
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY
 
12IsGreaterThan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BEN LOVEJOY
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,522
vCash: 500
Yea, I was really upset with the Eaton signing (taking time from Despres and Bort), but he's been fine. They don't need a dynamic guy next to Letang. I actually like how they are going about trying to stabilize that pairing. Not sure what my thoughts are on Niskanen - Despres, though.

12IsGreaterThan47 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
  #53
JQR
Clearly it's Lovejoy
 
JQR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
On paper you would think they would be even worse matchup than against Philly. But for whatever reason the pens play well against them. They're 8-4 against Boston over the past 3 seasons. Sometimes you can't explain these things.
I think a very good part of that is that the Pens just play a much more disciplined game against Boston than they do against Philly. The Philly games have become so reckless.

JQR is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
  #54
Bennett Brauer
Registered User
 
Bennett Brauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,336
vCash: 500
Yeah, Mark Eaton has been a surprise for the Pens, he's been playing good defense and Letang has proven (chemistry I guess) with him.

Bennett Brauer is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:28 AM
  #55
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 26,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
I think a very good part of that is that the Pens just play a much more disciplined game against Boston than they do against Philly. The Philly games have become so reckless.
Our speed matches up well against their D-corps. Kunitz, Cooke and Neal hitting Chara every chance they get doesn't hurt either. We seem to follow the game plan very well against them.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:33 AM
  #56
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Wow, Dan Bylsma is an idiot. We are going to get physically dominated by the Boston Bruins tonight. That was a stupid move by Dan Bylsma not dressing Deryk Engelland tonight. If Dan Bylsma is going to scratch Deryk Engelland, then he should have put Engelland on the fourth line, or call-up Steve MacIntyre/Zach Sill from WBS.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #57
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 26,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Wow, Dan Bylsma is an idiot. We are going to get physically dominated by the Boston Bruins tonight. That was a stupid move by Dan Bylsma not dressing Deryk Engelland tonight. If Dan Bylsma is going to scratch Deryk Engelland, then he should have put Engelland on the fourth line, or call-up Steve MacIntyre or Zach Sill from WBS.
Nope, it wasn't. Engelland hasn't been very good this year. Eaton has played well with Letang. Niskanen is a better hockey player. Despres could use a couple games in a row to build some confidence. But I wouldn't be surprised if Bort or Engo replace Despres as a game time decision.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:36 AM
  #58
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY
 
12IsGreaterThan47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BEN LOVEJOY
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Bylsma: "strong possibility" of dressing 7 defensemen in coming weeks with 8 quality guys on roster. Didn't say about tonight #Penguins
Confirmed: This board controls Bylsma's decision-making.

12IsGreaterThan47 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:38 AM
  #59
Sh00terMcGavin
#Leadership
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,838
vCash: 500
Don't become Lucic's *****...that is all the advice I have.

Sh00terMcGavin is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
  #60
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Nope, it wasn't. Engelland hasn't been very good this year. Eaton has played well with Letang. Niskanen is a better hockey player. Despres could use a couple games in a row to build some confidence. But I wouldn't be surprised if Bort or Engo replace Despres as a game time decision.
Yes, it was. Sitting our toughest player against the toughest team in the NHL is not a smart move. Deryk Engelland has been inconsistent, but he played well against a tougher Leafs team on Saturday.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
  #61
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 26,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Yes, it was. Sitting our toughest player against the toughest team in the NHL is not a smart move. Deryk Engelland has been inconsistent, but he played well against a tougher Leafs team on Saturday.
Cool, he can be used as a #7 D if DB chooses to do so. He's not better than Despres, Nisky or Eaton.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
  #62
Bennett Brauer
Registered User
 
Bennett Brauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Wow, Dan Bylsma is an idiot. We are going to get physically dominated by the Boston Bruins tonight. That was a stupid move by Dan Bylsma not dressing Deryk Engelland tonight. If Dan Bylsma is going to scratch Deryk Engelland, then he should have put Engelland on the fourth line, or call-up Steve MacIntyre/Zach Sill from WBS.
I don't know about you, but from what I've seen of Deryk Engelland this season, he wouldn't help the physicality aspect of our game tonight, he hasn't been very physical this season and when he tried, he got owned (I remember he tried to hit Rinaldo and Rinaldo blew him away)

Bennett Brauer is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:47 AM
  #63
HotCoffey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Yes, it was. Sitting our toughest player against the toughest team in the NHL is not a smart move. Deryk Engelland has been inconsistent, but he played well against a tougher Leafs team on Saturday.
I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. Players don't have these robotic mindsets about their play, no player sits there on the bench and says "gee I'm not a tough guy I'm just going to sit here and take the hits coming to me." Guys will be wary about the toughness factor and cope or address the issue accordingly. Vitale and Glass are capable tough guys and they aren't going to let Boston push them around just because of their reputation. And just a reminder we're 8-4 in the past 3 seasons against the Bruins.

HotCoffey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
  #64
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Cool, he can be used as a #7 D if DB chooses to do so. He's not better than Despres, Nisky or Eaton.
It is too early to state that Mark Eaton is better than Deryk Engelland.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:54 AM
  #65
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 26,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
It is too early to state that Mark Eaton is better than Deryk Engelland.
He's being paired with Kris Letang. DB seems to think so.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
  #66
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I don't know about you, but from what I've seen of Deryk Engelland this season, he wouldn't help the physicality aspect of our game tonight, he hasn't been very physical this season and when he tried, he got owned (I remember he tried to hit Rinaldo and Rinaldo blew him away)
That was just one game. Give me a break, he has been physically consistent this year. However, his positional play/decision-making has been poor.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:55 AM
  #67
jrolley325
Registered User
 
jrolley325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 1,824
vCash: 162
i'd dress bortuzzo before i'd dress engelland. engo has been horrid.

jrolley325 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
  #68
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce
 
Tasty Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 7,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Confirmed: This board controls Bylsma's decision-making.
So 7 D means scratching Vitale though unfortunately.

Tasty Biscuits is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
  #69
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCoffey View Post
I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. Players don't have these robotic mindsets about their play, no player sits there on the bench and says "gee I'm not a tough guy I'm just going to sit here and take the hits coming to me." Guys will be wary about the toughness factor and cope or address the issue accordingly. Vitale and Glass are capable tough guys and they aren't going to let Boston push them around just because of their reputation. And just a reminder we're 8-4 in the past 3 seasons against the Bruins.
We had toughness those past seasons.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
  #70
Fordy
the kid signify
 
Fordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 23,256
vCash: 500
If we're rolling 7d it better be Glass or Kennedy sitting and not Vitale or Jeffrey. Just move one of them to the wing.

Fordy is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:57 AM
  #71
HotCoffey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
So 7 D means scratching Vitale though unfortunately.
Or Kennedy.

HotCoffey is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 11:59 AM
  #72
cheesedanish87
Registered User
 
cheesedanish87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
If we're rolling 7d it better be Glass or Kennedy sitting and not Vitale or Jeffrey. Just move one of them to the wing.
Their not gonna sit another center with Geno out.

cheesedanish87 is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  #73
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 26,561
vCash: 500
Now, a stupid thing to do would be to scratch Vitale in this game. We need another solid f/o guy in the lineup.

mpp9 is online now  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
  #74
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
Their not gonna sit another center with Geno out.
Craig Adams would most likely be the centre, knowing Dan Bylsma.

MichiganWolverines is offline  
Old
03-12-2013, 12:08 PM
  #75
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 28,119
vCash: 500
Should be Rask in net. No word on if Kelly will play (doubtful). If he's out then Peverley will center Caron and Pandolfo.

__________________
Do you believe in miracles?!

I am Boston Strong
6/15/11
4/15/13
10/30/13 | 2/1/15 | 2/5/17

Alicat is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.