HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

27|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Boston Bruins|Fun with Pictures!|Tuesday March 12th|7:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prattio View Post
Or because the manhandled Canucks 2 years ago... Not all about size
We've played them since them as well.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
plaidchuck

Pens always seem to come to play against the better teams, it's when they have some random game against a bottom feeder they lose in an embarrassing way.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Robert Baratheon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Well whether they're statistically the 'biggest' in the league or not, they're definitely the toughest and most physical. How does that compare to us? Do we need to be as tough and physical as they are? No. Should we be tougher and more physical than Mark Eaton? I guess we'll find out.
Boston - 583 hits
Pittsburgh - 598 hits

I agree that the Bruins are a tougher team, but only because some guys on their team are actually protecting the stars if someone goes after them.

Look at Chara against Emelin.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskennedy View Post
ya i hate it when they play people who are actually playing well, what is DB thinking we clearly need toughness. never mind the 43 times Engo turns over the puck to the other team.... WE NEED TOUGHNESS
Turnovers? Cool, then who's going to replace Orpik, Niskanen, Letang, TK, and Sid tonight? Guarantee Engelland's had less than they've had.

Come to think of it, I've asked 3 times now for someone to provide some evidence of Engelland's poor play. Everyone seems to think he sucks, so should be easy to come up w/ something right? Is it his +/- that's bothering you? His tripping over blue lines that directly leads to a goal that's bothering you? His standing around holding his tool while someone's 2 feet away from him in front of Fleury? What is it exactly?

Old
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
titaniumexpose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Reading the Bruins GDT. Some of these guys are delusional.. Mario and Bettman rigged the draft to acquire Crosby. One guy even has the proof. On top of that the Pens are the biggest divers in the league.

Anywho. Here's hoping for a great injury-free (from our POV) game!

Clearly they meant Montreal...

And without further ado, Zdeno Chara, the NHL's premier ballerina:

Let's go Pens!

Old
03-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post

Oh rly.
This never gets old
Their team and their fans call everyone divers while their players fall really easily...

Go Pens! Not only because it is against Boston, but Pittsburgh really became my 2nd favourite team theses last 2 years. I was there at the 7-6 crazy game at the Bell Center and I can tell you that the whole crowd were literally telling each other 'Oh no, he's jump back on the ice' (on Crosby)and then proceed to hold breath until he came back in. He's just so good it's ridiculous.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
DoktorZaius

Quote:
Come to think of it, I've asked 3 times now for someone to provide some evidence of Engelland's poor play. Everyone seems to think he sucks, so should be easy to come up w/ something right? Is it his +/- that's bothering you? His tripping over blue lines that directly leads to a goal that's bothering you? His standing around holding his tool while someone's 2 feet away from him in front of Fleury? What is it exactly?
Engelland can be scary because he is such a low-skill NHLer that it's difficult to have confidence in anything he does -- even rote plays -- that don't involve hitting or fighting. That being said, he's a man-beast, and will make opposing players pay a price.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I used to really respect Boston as a town and the culture around it until I met some people from there. Coulda saved myself some time just by reading their GDT.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorZaius View Post
Engelland can be scary because he is such a low-skill NHLer that it's difficult to have confidence in anything he does -- even rote plays -- that don't involve hitting or fighting. That being said, he's a man-beast, and will make opposing players pay a price.
I somewhat agree with that. But I seriously doubt he's less skilled than a 35 year old retread who was on waivers a few weeks ago. Of course we do love us some waiver fodder

Old
03-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

They don't look so tough to me guys...

Old
03-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I used to really respect Boston as a town and the culture around it until I met some people from there. Coulda saved myself some time just by reading their GDT.
the place really went downhill after Anne Hutchinson was excommunicated.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:41 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
Boston is the 21st tallest team and 26th heaviest team in the league. Where do people keep getting this "biggest, toughest team in the league" stuff?

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2013/01/2...t-and-age.html
It's more some of their main pieces are big & can skate really well for big guys. Chara, Lucic, Horton. They can play a mean but talented game.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Final8758

Sure sucks to be Finnish sports fan I didnt feel like missing the Barcelona vs. AC Milan soccer game, and i definetely dont feel like missing this Pens vs. Bruins game, so i will get grand total of 2 hours of sleep this night, unless i take a nap after the game.

Anyways, this game should be very good meter of where Pens stand right now 'cause Bruins is one of the - if not the most complete team in league atm.

Lets go Pens !

Old
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
Turnovers? Cool, then who's going to replace Orpik, Niskanen, Letang, TK, and Sid tonight? Guarantee Engelland's had less than they've had.

all of those players(excluding TK) provide something positive to go along with mistakes. Engelland hasnt looked very good this year, not hating on him just telling it like i see it.

I dont even think hes terrible, its not like i said trade him for a 7th. I'm just glad DB finally started playing the Defenders that were playing well. not orpik,letang,nisky,engo,martin and whomever he felt like that day.

Despres and Eaton have looked good the past few games, no reason to change whats working. i wasnt thrilled bout them signing Eaton but he has done well so far.

and honestly for me my biggest complaint with Engelland this season is him turning over the puck constanly, sure its not EVERY game but its often enough. i remember one game in particular, he had 3 turnovers on the same shift, he wasnt even being pressured and still kept coughing the puck up.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:01 PM
MtlPenFan

Hitting stats are not exactly a great barometer of measuring team toughness, and neither is looking at average height and weight.

Tanner glass is our leading hitter, but I still haven't noticed a single body check he's thrown (and by that extension, neither does anyone he actually hits)

Chara is just a badass. There's no other way to look at it.

Thornton is a heavyweight who can also play hockey. Boston's 4th line scored both goals yesterday in regulation.

Lucic is a 30 goal scorer who can also masquerade as one of the premiere heavyweights in the league. You simply don't mess with him.

McQuaid and Boychuk, while not fighters, can also throw down.

The reasons above are why guys like Marchand can act like the faux tough guy at the club when he knows he has all his buddies with him to back him up.

Last night Neil got pushed from behind into the boards, but came back later in the game. He had a collision with Chris Kelly that ended up being an accidental knee on knee, but Neil didn't go about his usual antics in trying to get retribution. There's a reason why.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
plaidchuck

Been to Conn. and Mass. outside of the rich areas they are straight ghettooo

Old
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I will say, there are a lot of great comics from Boston, luckily for everyone else they all leave.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
SundanceKid

Mark Eaten is hella weak. Yeah yeah he blocks shots. He can go block shots for Dallas. Lets trade him for another Neal

Old
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
plaidchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I will say, there are a lot of great comics from Boston, luckily for everyone else they all leave.
Yeah great punk bands too, luckily they record and tour.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:22 PM
plaidchuck

Yeah I agree about Engo, no point in dressing a dman just for one fight.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
cheesedanish87

Khudobin in net anybody know anything about him?

Old
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Til the End of Time

last time sid played the bruins, his head was messed up again, correct?

yeah, i don't like playing the b's. they scare me.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
last time sid played the bruins, his head was messed up again, correct?

yeah, i don't like playing the b's. they scare me.
He already wasn't looking right before the elbow. Would've happened eventually regardless of what team it was against.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Excited for the game, get to watch it on TSN too with hopefully Cuthbert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kras View Post
Sure sucks to be Finnish sports fan I didnt feel like missing the Barcelona vs. AC Milan soccer game, and i definetely dont feel like missing this Pens vs. Bruins game, so i will get grand total of 2 hours of sleep this night, unless i take a nap after the game.

Anyways, this game should be very good meter of where Pens stand right now 'cause Bruins is one of the - if not the most complete team in league atm.

Lets go Pens !
Love the dedication. You're nuts .

Old
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Stad
@Crosby2Perron

More of this please.

"It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Daniel Paielle!"

Last edited by Stad: 03-12-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Closed Thread