HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sullivan

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2005, 03:15 AM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Sullivan

Ok guys, since the stupid clause that since all contracts were for this season that since there was no NHL all of those contracts do not get pushed back a year but lose a year on them. Do you see Sullivan wearing a Predators jersey in teh future?? Do you see any Predators wearing predators jerseys in teh future, lol.

Old
04-03-2005, 03:18 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand
Ok guys, since the stupid clause that since all contracts were for this season that since there was no NHL all of those contracts do not get pushed back a year but lose a year on them. Do you see Sullivan wearing a Predators jersey in teh future?? Do you see any Predators wearing predators jerseys in teh future, lol.

huh?

There's been no definitive decision either way...and as a matter of fact, the last *I* heard was that there was a good chance this past season "wouldn't count," and contracts would pick up where they left off. That would benefit both the players and the league much more than the other way, really.

Old
04-03-2005, 03:22 AM
Wally112pac

Unfortunately all contracts are valid this year. So Sully is currently without one for next season.

Old
04-03-2005, 03:27 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally112pac
Unfortunately all contracts are valid this year. So Sully is currently without one for next season.

Well, going on what I heard the other day(I mentioned it in the CBA thread), there's been some speculation from both sides that if a mutual agreement could be reached, they'd "pretend" this past season didn't happen(like..at all) and pick up where things were left off, in terms of contracts. Shrug.

Old
04-04-2005, 11:24 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Well, regardless of if the contracts are valid for this season (which was cancelled, btw, so we may have to have access to the contract Sullivan signed to determine if the contract is still valid at the start of next season), I'd say whether or not Sullivan wears a Pred sweater is up to Sullivan. He will have the oppurtunity to shop his talent to whoever may want him, right? I am unsure of how the FA/UFA system works exactly, so I can't say for sure. But if we didn't want him, why did we offer him a contract?

Also, look at the fact that he's a crowd favorite, a good scorer, and if the owners get thier linkage cap, we will need his money to make up the percentages. However I like to think that the last of those three above are minor issues compared to the others... Right?

Old
04-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Pred303

Q-master,i'm sure if Poile thinks Sullivan would resign he'd offer him a contract(if that is necessary in whatever the CBA ultimately decides is the fate of contracts for this past year). Management seemed very pleased with him,as i think they should have been. It is a cloudy picture though. No matter the decision on the contract situation,there will be many free agents,and tons of them if contracts are ruled void. So sullivan might be had for a bargain if things screw up. And of course the preds will have to almost devise a new strategy based on whatever any cap limit would be,but you would think they could afford him. I would be surprised if they offered him more than one-two years though,but who knows.

Old
04-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Predshockey17

I would really like to see Sullivan back.

Old
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predshockey17
I would really like to see Sullivan back.
I think we all would.

Closed Thread