HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLVII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2013, 03:09 PM
  #1
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 3375
In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLVII

Continue here plz .

Link of the old thread :
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1550427

Frenchy is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:13 PM
  #2
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 140
Just saw Ryan Boulding's tweet about two Tampa scouts being at tonight's game, I wonder who we'd look at off their roster, has Malone ever played RW?

S3rkie is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:16 PM
  #3
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Just saw Ryan Boulding's tweet about two Tampa scouts being at tonight's game, I wonder who we'd look at off their roster, has Malone ever played RW?
I think he can play all three forward positions. I can see Roy being interested too, I'm just worried they're gonna give up some big package for him and Carle.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:20 PM
  #4
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I think he can play all three forward positions. I can see Roy being interested too, I'm just worried they're gonna give up some big package for him and Carle.
Maybe he can be had cheap bc of his contract, just did a search on the trade forums seems he's fallen out of favor there. I never was big on Carle, but you never know some players excel in different situations. Never would've thought about picking up Hejda but that worked out well for us.

S3rkie is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:27 PM
  #5
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
Maybe he can be had cheap bc of his contract, just did a search on the trade forums seems he's fallen out of favor there. I never was big on Carle, but you never know some players excel in different situations. Never would've thought about picking up Hejda but that worked out well for us.
If there's a trade he better come cheap, he's been riddled with injuries, is on the downside of his career at 34, has a $4.5M cap hit, can't skate all that well anymore, and has been playing on the 4th line I believe. Basically just stands in front of the net for tip ins.

Carle is too one dimensional for my tastes.

Foppa2118 is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
  #6
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,836
vCash: 500
tampa needs to add D, not trade one. and carle has been pretty good this year.

malone probably could be had for fairly cheap but he's pretty much done.

tampa and avs, both young, upcoming teams with similar weaknesses and strengths. don't see a trade there.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:35 PM
  #7
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,688
vCash: 500
I'd love to have Carle in Colorado. He would add a top4 LD, and somebody who can actually play on the PP. The issue is his contract. He is $1m overpaid, which isn't a huge deal for us with the cap going up, but I would like to see it lower or him come realatively cheap because of it.

henchman24 is online now  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:35 PM
  #8
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 140
Yeah I wouldnt be too interested by anyone with in reason from their roster, I was just wondering who they might target, still hoping Havlat isn't a possibility for them.

S3rkie is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:38 PM
  #9
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,586
vCash: 3319
I'm guessing Tampa Bay is scouting Phoenix. One of their defensman for one of Tampa's forward prospects makes a lot of sense.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:40 PM
  #10
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,900
vCash: 50
There is a bigger chance that scouts are there to get a look at Coyotes depth defenders than any Avs players. Stone, Schlemko, Klesla, Murphy, Rundblad and Gormley compete for two spots.

Freudian is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:44 PM
  #11
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
There is a bigger chance that scouts are there to get a look at Coyotes depth defenders than any Avs players. Stone, Schlemko, Klesla, Murphy, Rundblad and Gormley compete for two spots.
I wish we had defensive depth...correction I wish we had defensemen.


Last edited by S3rkie: 12-10-2013 at 03:53 PM.
S3rkie is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 03:49 PM
  #12
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
I wish we had defensive depth...correction I wish we had defensemen.
Soon, we will have them. Just not this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I'd love to have Carle in Colorado. He would add a top4 LD, and somebody who can actually play on the PP. The issue is his contract. He is $1m overpaid, which isn't a huge deal for us with the cap going up, but I would like to see it lower or him come realatively cheap because of it.
Not gonna happen. When he was healthy, Gudas and Carle made for an effective top pairing. After how much Tampa struggled to put together a legit defense, I'd be shocked to see Yzerman part with Carle now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
If there's a trade he better come cheap, he's been riddled with injuries, is on the downside of his career at 34, has a $4.5M cap hit, can't skate all that well anymore, and has been playing on the 4th line I believe. Basically just stands in front of the net for tip ins.
Well...we could use that.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 04:04 PM
  #13
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,433
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well...we could use that.
We would need someone who gets his shots on net first.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
12-10-2013, 04:14 PM
  #14
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
We would need someone who gets his shots on net first.
True, but more of the shots taken would get through if someone were at least wreaking havoc in the slot. Also, all those juicy rebounds that no one ever seems to get to would turn into more shots, possibly goals.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 04:21 PM
  #15
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
There is a bigger chance that scouts are there to get a look at Coyotes depth defenders than any Avs players. Stone, Schlemko, Klesla, Murphy, Rundblad and Gormley compete for two spots.
That's just depressing when I think about our D.

Nihiliste is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 04:30 PM
  #16
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
That's just depressing when I think about our D.
Think about our D last year, then you'll feel a whole lot better.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 04:37 PM
  #17
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 496
I can see the Avs being interested in Malone, especially since his actual salary is $2.5m/y for this season and the next.

CB Joe is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 05:42 PM
  #18
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: B.C. Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
If there is traction between Avs and Pens, I would bet that Despres is involved.

cyberfan is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 07:11 PM
  #19
AslanRH
Part of the Plan
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 50
Carle would be a good add, but I think that window has closed.

Roy is making his play for Drouin now.

__________________
"There's a point, far out there when the structures fail you, and the rules aren't weapons anymore, they're... shackles letting the bad guy get ahead. One day... you may face such a moment of crisis." - Jim Gordon
AslanRH is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 07:19 PM
  #20
SuperJoe
Registered User
 
SuperJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Royal City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Think about our D last year, then you'll feel a whole lot better.
How much better do you feel? I was at the game on Sunday and I didn't feel that well about it.

SuperJoe is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 07:20 PM
  #21
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJoe View Post
How much better do you feel? I was at the game on Sunday and I didn't feel that well about it.
I see your game on Sunday and raise you an 8-2 loss in edmonton

BoxOfChocolates is online now  
Old
12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
  #22
SuperJoe
Registered User
 
SuperJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Royal City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
I see your game on Sunday and raise you an 8-2 loss in edmonton
I fold

SuperJoe is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 08:34 PM
  #23
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
That's just depressing when I think about our D.
There's not much to say any of those guys would look any better on our team than our guys do. Something to be said for the best defensive coach in the NHL.

TheStranger is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 08:40 PM
  #24
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJoe View Post
How much better do you feel? I was at the game on Sunday and I didn't feel that well about it.
Still better than I felt whenever I watched O'Byrne, Zanon, and Hunwick playing for us last year. I'll take Guenin and Holden over that disastrous trio any day.

Av-merican is offline  
Old
12-10-2013, 08:48 PM
  #25
viach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: France
Posts: 890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfan View Post
If there is traction between Avs and Pens, I would bet that Despres is involved.
With the recent Orpik injury, I don't think so

viach is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.