HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 188: The Ken Holland Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 09:02 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

vCash: 500
BRING

IT

ON!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
They'll stab you and steal your money?
bingo.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:29 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

The 00z NAM just caved to the Canadian model and now also agrees on a decent NJ snowstorm next week. This is a good sign.

Still, the European model which is the king of weather models has disagreed and keeps the snow south of us, the next EU run comes out in 2 hours. That model has been correct ALL winter long, but I honestly feel it's going to be wrong this time. NJ is due for at least ONE decent snowstorm this winter!

Old
03-21-2013, 10:56 PM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Bad drivers eh?

So I was driving home and exiting the parkway behind another car. I slow down as he does but Im not too far behind him as wr head towards the ezpass.

As he gets closer he slows down (i assume hes actually going to abide by the 15mph limit posted) so I slow down too but i guess im still close to him (i dont really know Ive done this so many ****ing times the last 5 years its just instinct now) and as he goes through he comes to a stop as I pass through it too.

Im thinking this guy went through without an ezpass or something. Im stopped behind him wondering what the hell is going on. I cant pass around him because he boxed me in the toll itself. Before Im about to slam my palm through the horn he gets out of his car to yell at me about "driving too close."

The logic center of my brain went nuclear. He doesnt even realize the insanely unsafe move he pulled (coming to a complete stop for no reason) to yell at me for his perception of me driving too close.

Its ****ing New Jersey! Going 80 on the gsp isnt a guarantee of not having somone on your bumper.

My brain exploded. Its a good thing spring break is about to begin so it can heal and recover.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:14 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
They'll stab you and steal your money?
This would be correct.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Bad drivers eh?

So I was driving home and exiting the parkway behind another car. I slow down as he does but Im not too far behind him as wr head towards the ezpass.

As he gets closer he slows down (i assume hes actually going to abide by the 15mph limit posted) so I slow down too but i guess im still close to him (i dont really know Ive done this so many ****ing times the last 5 years its just instinct now) and as he goes through he comes to a stop as I pass through it too.

Im thinking this guy went through without an ezpass or something. Im stopped behind him wondering what the hell is going on. I cant pass around him because he boxed me in the toll itself. Before Im about to slam my palm through the horn he gets out of his car to yell at me about "driving too close."

The logic center of my brain went nuclear. He doesnt even realize the insanely unsafe move he pulled (coming to a complete stop for no reason) to yell at me for his perception of me driving too close.

Its ****ing New Jersey! Going 80 on the gsp isnt a guarantee of not having somone on your bumper.

My brain exploded. Its a good thing spring break is about to begin so it can heal and recover.
Haha he actually got out of his car?

Old
03-22-2013, 05:07 AM
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Haha he actually got out of his car?
He came to a full stop, waited 5-10 seconds, then got out of his car.

Everyone has another driver that gets too close every now and then and on the parkway almost every mile. I still cannot believe what the idiot pulled.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
bingo.
But this one lives in the Inner Harbour area. The one nice part.

She is pretty intense though, if I got her riled up enough she could definitely stab me.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:53 AM
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL

vCash: 919
I'd smack that idiot driver in the head. Really. I don't think there was a time ever when I drove the GSP and someone want right up my ass.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:01 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
The 00z NAM just caved to the Canadian model and now also agrees on a decent NJ snowstorm next week. This is a good sign.

Still, the European model which is the king of weather models has disagreed and keeps the snow south of us, the next EU run comes out in 2 hours. That model has been correct ALL winter long, but I honestly feel it's going to be wrong this time. NJ is due for at least ONE decent snowstorm this winter!
I wish Pitt got snow that stayed on the ground this year. Most of it melted pretty much instantly. Got 2 good ski trips in...thats it

Old
03-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Bad drivers eh?

So you got yelled at for doing some mildly dangerous but super common by a guy doing something REALLY dangerous and likely illegal?

Wow... Evolution at work, eh?

03-22-2013, 08:27 AM
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
So you got yelled at for doing some mildly dangerous but super common by a guy doing something REALLY dangerous and likely illegal?

Wow... Evolution at work, eh?
It's worse here: a guy cut over 8 lanes to get into a McDonald's.... This was around 6 PM yesterday on the drive home. It wasn't a blinker user either. Just decided to swerve through lanes on oncoming cars..

Old
03-22-2013, 08:31 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
But this one lives in the Inner Harbour area. The one nice part.

She is pretty intense though, if I got her riled up enough she could definitely stab me.
Every girl has it in them to stab you. Hopefully you won't learn it the hard way

Old
03-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Richer's Ghost
This guy can coach

vCash: 369
Quote:
Bad drivers eh?

he won't be doing this very much longer if it's his normal ruotine - lots of folks carry guns in their cars and if he approaches one of them in a bad mood, his driving tip days are over.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Geez I'm done with this cold weather nonsense. T-minus 24 hours till the Bahamas.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
he won't be doing this very much longer if it's his normal ruotine - lots of folks carry guns in their cars and if he approaches one of them in a bad mood, his driving tip days are over.
Not in NJ...

Old
03-22-2013, 09:40 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
It's worse here: a guy cut over 8 lanes to get into a McDonald's.... This was around 6 PM yesterday on the drive home. It wasn't a blinker user either. Just decided to swerve through lanes on oncoming cars..
i was really hungry..

Old
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Geez I'm done with this cold weather nonsense.
Get used to it. Winter isnt going anywhere.

This might be the best Spring skiing season of my lifetime.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:50 AM
CerebralGenesis

We're supposed to get several inches sunday into monday. Wonder if I should save my skis from the closet still

Old
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Richer's Ghost
This guy can coach

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Not in NJ...
- not everyone driving through NJ is from NJ
- not everyone in NJ obeys the law

Old
03-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
- not everyone driving through NJ is from NJ
- not everyone in NJ obeys the law
True, but you also don't hear a lot of gun violence in road rage incidents, but you hear a lot of road rage stuff. Just speculating on this...

But it's easy for that guy to confront someone in the EZPass lane, because there's a number of cameras focused on the spot.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:21 AM
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Get used to it. Winter isnt going anywhere.

This might be the best Spring skiing season of my lifetime.
I skied 6+ inches of freshies in the Catskills yesterday. Huge base on the summit, I would estimate 2-3 feet, although it declines fairly dramatically with altitude.

The storm Tuesday didn't drop quite as much snow as I hoped it would, but as long as it stays cold we should be in good shape. Much better than last year, when there was not a single patch of natural snow anywhere in the Catskills at this time.

Unfortunately yesterday may have been my last ski day of the season, unless the Adirondacks are still skiing well in April.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
VaxjoDevil

I spent ten days in intensive care and had to clip out 60 cm of my intestines because they were like mashed potatoes plus I have half a kidney crashed because I was in an accident which would have been avoided if people kept distance.

I hate, hate, hate drivers that ****ing tailgate.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i was really hungry..
it was bad. I was scared for my life. I live in WNY, and it's a breeding ground for sucky driving. But everywhere has terrible drivers. I think a few guys on here are from around WNY that can testify about how bad transit road is

Old
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaxjoDevil View Post
mashed potatoes
mmmmmmmmm yum

Closed Thread