HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2013, 09:11 AM
  #251
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 25,944
vCash: 50
Michalek's trade value is probably very low at the moment

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:12 AM
  #252
Daffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Hornqvist has put up better goal totals (minus Milan's 35 goal season) in a defensive system with lackluster teammates, doesn't have busted knees (80, 79, and 76 games played), younger and an RFA compared to a UFA next year.

Agreed. Can't see Nashville dealing Hornqvist for Milo. If Michalek could stay healthy, I think that would change things, but he can't.

Daffy is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:13 AM
  #253
Lenny the Lynx
Registered User
 
Lenny the Lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Hornqvist has put up better goal totals (minus Milan's 35 goal season) in a defensive system with lackluster teammates, doesn't have busted knees (80, 79, and 76 games played), younger and an RFA compared to a UFA next year.
If anything its a wash.
I wouldn't do Michalek for Hornqvist personally.

Lenny the Lynx is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:29 AM
  #254
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 25,944
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
If anything its a wash.
I wouldn't do Michalek for Hornqvist personally.

Why not?!

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 12:17 PM
  #255
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
He's RFA after this season

I don't know what it is about Chris Stewart but his name comes up here like once a week as people thinking he's 'available' in some way on the cheap. He's the leading scorer on one of the better teams in the league - he would be incredibly expensive to acquire.
Dreger said that the Blues are shopping Stewart. He also said that the Leafs and Blues are talking trade and that the blues are interested in Kulemin. If there is a deal around Kulemin+ for Stewart, I think we can match that value.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 12:29 PM
  #256
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Dreger said that the Blues are shopping Stewart. He also said that the Leafs and Blues are talking trade and that the blues are interested in Kulemin. If there is a deal around Kulemin+ for Stewart, I think we can match that value.
I hope to god we would. Stewart would be filthy playing with Turris or Spezza.

Latendresse - Spezza - Stewart
Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

Nice playoff year.

Curtinho is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM
  #257
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I hope to god we would. Stewart would be filthy playing with Turris or Spezza.

Latendresse - Spezza - Stewart
Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

Nice playoff year.
Well it would also suck if he went to the Leafs. Stewart wouldn't be a very fun player to play against in the playoffs and 6 times a year.

At this point it looks like the Leafs and Bruins are targeting more tough/physical players. The Leafs have their eyes on Stewart and apparently Boston is interested in Clowe and Morrrow.

If the Leafs and Bruins end of adding those players, or players like them, then the Senators may be forced to add a few more physical players. I don't expect MacLean to play Kassian in the playoffs, so we could be a bit vulnerable in that regard.

IMO our biggest needs going into the playoffs are a top six scoring forward, possibly a physical top six forward and grit depth.

I'm not sure who the top scoring forwards are that will be available at the trade deadline. In regards to a physical top six forward, players like Simmonds, Stewart, Glencross, Hartnell and Clarkson could all be interesting targets.

Aside from that, I think we have plenty of depth offensive players, but could use a little more girt depth. Clutterbuck would be an ideal target in that regard. I would also target Matt Martin, Devante Smith Pelly, Kyle Beach and PC Labrie. Players like Martin, Smith Pelly, Beach and Labrie could be useful if we end of playing teams like the Leafs and/or Bruins. But I probably wouldn't play them if we end up in a series against the Habs. That way, if we play the Habs we throw players like Hoffman or Prince on the 4th line. If we play the Bruins or Leafs, we throw Martin or Labrie on the 4th line.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
  #258
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens
 
SlapJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
One deal I'd love to see and actually makes a bit of sense, would perhaps be finding a way to pry Hossa from the Hawks.
They might be facing cap issues again next year and Hossa has 8 years left at $5.275M.

Personally, I think it would be a better option than Perry.Perry will command $3M more than that, plus the actual dollars left on Hossa's contract are only around $4M/yr for the remainder.

I know he's much older and both of these guys are pipe dreams anyhow, but I'm sure I'm not the only Ottawa fan who would love to see him back. He's still amazing as well

SlapJack is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
  #259
God Says No
Registered User
 
God Says No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
One deal I'd love to see and actually makes a bit of sense, would perhaps be finding a way to pry Hossa from the Hawks.
They might be facing cap issues again next year and Hossa has 8 years left at $5.275M.

Personally, I think it would be a better option than Perry.Perry will command $3M more than that, plus the actual dollars left on Hossa's contract are only around $4M/yr for the remainder.

I know he's much older and both of these guys are pipe dreams anyhow, but I'm sure I'm not the only Ottawa fan who would love to see him back. He's still amazing as well
i love hossa but the 8 years left are atrocious. lets say we want to move him in 3 or 4 years. that's going to be almost impossible.

God Says No is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
  #260
OD99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
I have no idea what rumor to start but George McPhee was on my flight from DC to Ottawa this afternoon...he may have some other connection to Ottawa and I would think it odd for a guy to have a face-to-face meeting with a GM when they could hash things out over the phone but...you never know.

OD99 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
  #261
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
I'd love Hossa. If he retires early its not on us and I think he can play at a high level until hes 40. I see him winding down similarly to Alfredsson although he will probably be a little bit better in the later years imo.

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:04 PM
  #262
VVS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OD99 View Post
I have no idea what rumor to start but George McPhee was on my flight from DC to Ottawa this afternoon...he may have some other connection to Ottawa and I would think it odd for a guy to have a face-to-face meeting with a GM when they could hash things out over the phone but...you never know.
Myers and Vanek to Ottawa O5

VVS is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:06 PM
  #263
Yokai
Registered User
 
Yokai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksh0w View Post
Myers and Vanek to Ottawa O5
What do either of those players have to do with Washington or Ottawa?

Yokai is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:12 PM
  #264
VVS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
What do either of those players have to do with Washington or Ottawa?
Because I totally screwed up the names and thought McPhee was the Buffalo GM for some reason.

And I wasn't even close. Wow.

VVS is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:13 PM
  #265
Kezia
Benny
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,434
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksh0w View Post
Myers and Vanek to Ottawa O5
Whats "O5"?

Kezia is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
  #266
OD99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Maybe they aren't happy with the goaltending they have been getting (last night not included) so he wants to delve into a Bishop trade...

Would happily take Yevgeni Kuznetsov or Filip Forsberg for him!!

OD99 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
  #267
OD99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Whats "O5"?
I think he also totally screwed up what decade we are in

OD99 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
  #268
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OD99 View Post
I have no idea what rumor to start but George McPhee was on my flight from DC to Ottawa this afternoon...he may have some other connection to Ottawa and I would think it odd for a guy to have a face-to-face meeting with a GM when they could hash things out over the phone but...you never know.
I don't really see us being good trading partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD99 View Post
I think he also totally screwed up what decade we are in
I'm pretty sure he was making fun of Eklund.

Curtinho is online now  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:29 PM
  #269
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,288
vCash: 500
Would like Brooks Laich. Help us at center and move to wing whenever Spezza is back.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:30 PM
  #270
Quo
...
 
Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OD99 View Post
Maybe they aren't happy with the goaltending they have been getting (last night not included) so he wants to delve into a Bishop trade...

Would happily take Yevgeni Kuznetsov or Filip Forsberg for him!!
Nah...Holtby's found his game recently. Don't see a need for them to accumulate beyond him and Neuvirth.

Quo is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:39 PM
  #271
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Dreger said that the Blues are shopping Stewart. He also said that the Leafs and Blues are talking trade and that the blues are interested in Kulemin. If there is a deal around Kulemin+ for Stewart, I think we can match that value.
Why would St Louis move their top scorer when they are in 4th place & likely going into the playoffs? Don`t most teams want to add & not subtract from their rosters going into the playoffs? I would hate him going to the Leafs, wish we would made this move at the beginning of the season when his value was much less. I wonder if St Louis would be interesting in getting Bishop back since Elliott sucks badly this yr?

aragorn is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  #272
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I'd love Hossa. If he retires early its not on us and I think he can play at a high level until hes 40. I see him winding down similarly to Alfredsson although he will probably be a little bit better in the later years imo.
I believe the new CBA addresses this and puts teams on the hook for these 'cap advantage' contracts. If Hossa or Luongo retire before their contract are up teams are on the hook for the cap hits until the contract expires. I don't know how it works if the contract is traded though.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:16 PM
  #273
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 25,944
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I believe the new CBA addresses this and puts teams on the hook for these 'cap advantage' contracts. If Hossa or Luongo retire before their contract are up teams are on the hook for the cap hits until the contract expires. I don't know how it works if the contract is traded though.
It's the teams that signed to them their deals that get caught with the cap hit, not the team that they are playing with at the time of retirement.

Or that's what was suggested at one point, I'm not sure if that clause found it's way into the CBA unchanged.

Do Make Say Think is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:33 PM
  #274
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I believe the new CBA addresses this and puts teams on the hook for these 'cap advantage' contracts. If Hossa or Luongo retire before their contract are up teams are on the hook for the cap hits until the contract expires. I don't know how it works if the contract is traded though.
The team who signed the deal is on the hook, if my understanding is correct

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:37 PM
  #275
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
It's the teams that signed to them their deals that get caught with the cap hit, not the team that they are playing with at the time of retirement.

Or that's what was suggested at one point, I'm not sure if that clause found it's way into the CBA unchanged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
The team who signed the deal is on the hook, if my understanding is correct
This is the rule according to cap geek

Quote:
Teams receiving a “cap advantage” from long-term contracts — defined as seven years or more for contracts signed prior to the January 2013 CBA — will be penalized in the event the player retires or “defects” from the NHL before the contract expires. A team receives a “cap advantage” when the player’s actual salary exceeds his cap hit in a given year.

Following retirement/defection, the “advantage” will be “recaptured” and charged against the club’s cap in equal amounts each year until the contract expires. This penalty applies to any team that received a cap advantage from the contract — ie. a traded contract — except in the event that the trade occurred prior to the new CBA coming into place in January 2013.
From what I understand there, we'd be a team receiving a "cap advantage" since Hossa makes 7.9M till 2015-2016 and has a cap hit of 5,275,000 and thus would be on the hook till 2021. I could be wrong though, I'm terrible with legal jargon.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.