HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVII

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 12:41 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 500
Today in first intermission they talked about Smid.

Oh how I wish.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:41 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I wouldn't trade for him but I would pursue Roy in the good ol free market.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

Oh how I wish.
Something around Bishop for Smid would be great.

Not many Oilers fans would be for it but they have Tambellini as GM so who knows what happens really.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:46 AM
arglebargle

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

Oh how I wish.
Not a good puck mover and redundant with Methot, Cowen and Smith already on the roster. I know people have fond memories of the Phillips-Volchenkov pairing but we need at least one guy on each pairing who can move the puck well.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Another name I remember hearing that could be available is David Clarkson from NJ.

Not sure what the price tag would be but the dude can score. He's got 11G so far this season, 19PTS in 31 games. Fairly young at 28yo. Having Neil, Smith, Clarkson and even Kassian would create havoc.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:10 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Looks like Smith might be out for a bit in Phoenix. Bishop suitor? Rundblad please.
I know there are some people are still diced about the org moving Rundblad away (even if they like Turris, it doesn't mean they have to stop liking Rundblad), but I have to ask: Would Rundblad even fit into our long term plans at this point?

If we could somehow turn Bishop into a guy like Lauri Korpikoski, I'd be pretty stoked. Not sure if it's possible, but that's a Coyote who might be avail that I'd love to target.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:17 AM
arglebargle

vCash: 450
I think Clarkson will probably get something like $4-4.5 million / yr this summer. I dunno if he's worth it.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:24 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I know there are some people are still diced about the org moving Rundblad away (even if they like Turris, it doesn't mean they have to stop liking Rundblad), but I have to ask: Would Rundblad even fit into our long term plans at this point?

If we could somehow turn Bishop into a guy like Lauri Korpikoski, I'd be pretty stoked. Not sure if it's possible, but that's a Coyote who might be avail that I'd love to target.
With the injuries we have now, I think we can play him. Our staff is familiar with him as an added bonus. Defensemen are much more valuable than goalies once they establish themselves and cash in that potential. It could be a way to maximize and an asset

You can send him to Bingo for the playoffs. Let him battle for the 7 spot in camp next year, that way we can keep Ceci down in the A for a year.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post

I'd easily do something like Bishop, Stone and a first for Hanzal. Wouldn't be enough though don't think. Love Martin Hanzal.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:29 AM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
I think Clarkson will probably get something like $4-4.5 million / yr this summer. I dunno if he's worth it.
That's been my thinking too. It's too steep a price for the guy, let some other team overpay.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
I'd easily do something like Bishop, Stone and a first for Hanzal. Wouldn't be enough though don't think. Love Martin Hanzal.
Hanzal is the heart of the Coyotes. They would want a lot more.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Daffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Hanzal is the heart of the Coyotes. They would want a lot more.
Yeah, you're most likely right. He'd be such a beast in Ottawa.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:31 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

I second the man crush on Hanzal...

Old
03-22-2013, 07:33 AM
tony d
Honey Nut Cheerios

Would love to get Hanzal here as well, such a good player.

03-22-2013, 08:05 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

yeah, adding a top six winger like cammalleri isn't a good idea.

we're not looking to add a top six winger, especially one so old that he could retire any second. there's no room in our top six anywhere for a nearly ppg player like him. at his age, he's gotta be decline at an incalculable rate. he's signed for next year too, so he'll be taking up a roster spot and stopping greening from playing on that wing by spezza. his cap hit is high, so i don't think we could fit him with our high salary. he can't play in our bottom six, obviously, and i think he might have been playing some center this year. we definitely don't have any room for a center, as injuries never happen to us. he might want to play both center and wing at the same time, taking up two spots at once on the line and roster. i don't like the colour of his shoes either. or his taste in breakfast foods (i heard he was a bacon hater).

the ridiculous idea of acquiring him popped up on the trade board and calgary fans were asking the moon for him as well. bishop and a pick i think was what they wanted. we're in no position to trade bishop, as we have little goal-tending depth, and really aren't looking to move bishop at all.

in conclusion, we don't need him, we don't want him, i don't like him, the cost is too high, and he's practically from bible times (like gonchar is. gonchar sucks).

Last edited by ATdaisuki: 03-22-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: spelling is hard work, you know.
Old
03-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Billy Bridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
yeah, adding a top six winger like cammalleri isn't a good idea.

we're not looking to add a top six winger, especially one so old that he could retire any second. there's no room in our top six anywhere for a nearly ppg player like him. at his age, he's gotta be decline at an incalculable rate. he's signed for next year too, so he'll be taking up a roster spot and stopping greening from playing on that wing by spezza. his cap hit is high, so i don't think we could fit him with our high salary. he can't play in our bottom six, obviously, and i think he might have been playing some center this year. we definitely don't have any room for a center, as injuries never happen to us. he might want to play both center and wing at the same time, taking up two spots at once on the line and roster. i don't like the colour of his shoes either. or his taste in breakfast foods (i heard he was a bacon hater).

the ridiculous idea of acquiring him popped up on the trade board and calgary fans were asking the moon for him as well. bishop and a pick i think was what they wanted. we're in no position to trade bishop, as we have little goal-tending depth, and really aren't looking to move bishop at all.

in conclusion, we don't need him, we don't want him, i don't like him, the cost is too high, and he's practically from bible times (like gonchar is. gonchar sucks).
Please insert a sarcasm smiley.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:43 AM
BK201

I still think Read would be a good pick up. Adding an offensive player now would be good just help the team. I wouldn't know who to trade back though.

Also with Noesen and peumpel turning pro next year and we already have prince, pageau, Stone, Dacosta, Hoffman. I'm not so sure what sens will do, although prospects are way overvalued here but based on a good developement track record we have here.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
That's been my thinking too. It's too steep a price for the guy, let some other team overpay.
I think 4-4.5 is a great deal for a 30 goal/50 point type winger who can scrap and defend his teammates. I'd gladly pay that for Clarkson if I were Murray.

He’d be a great fit on several of our lines. Silfverberg-Zibanejad-Clarkson and Michalek-Spezza-Clarkson would both be tremendous lines. I’m very excited about the Silfverberg-Zibanejad chemistry, adding a guy who can make space like Neil while scoring 30 would be amazing. Aside from that I’ve always liked the idea and wanted to get a guy with a little toughness and grit to ride shotgun with Spezza.

I don’t know if he can play LW but if so, Clarkson-Turris-Alfredsson would also be deadly and if Alfredsson retires, Turris-Clarkson is a good start to a line too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Another name I remember hearing that could be available is David Clarkson from NJ.

Not sure what the price tag would be but the dude can score. He's got 11G so far this season, 19PTS in 31 games. Fairly young at 28yo. Having Neil, Smith, Clarkson and even Kassian would create havoc.

Agreed, add in Cowen, Methot and Gryba/Borowiecki and that’s a really gritty team. I don’t see anyone pushing that lineup around.

Last edited by Bileur: 03-22-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I think 4-4.5 is a great deal for a 30 goal/50 point type winger who can scrap and defend his teammates. I'd gladly pay that for Clarkson if I were Murrray.
Seconded - LOVE Clarkson.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
SensChirp‏@SensChirp
#Flyers have apparently shown an interest in #Sens goalie Ben Bishop. Speculation suggests OTT looking for 2nd and roster player back
Da Costa + Bishop + 3rd

for

Read + 2nd?

Get it done Murray!

Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bridges View Post
Please insert a sarcasm smiley.
That was the only part of that post you thought was worth highlighting?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:15 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Da Costa + Bishop + 3rd

for

Read + 2nd?

Get it done Murray!
yeah, i'd do this.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Tuna99

What about Briere? Local, and Philly needs to clear cap space. His average is $6.5 mill but he will only be paid $3.5 and Ottawa can take the cap hit.

Great playoff guy and it might rejuvenate his career coming to Ottawa.

Philly: puempel
Ott: Briere

Old
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Legend Killer

Bring back Mezzy?!

Old
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev