Please check all picks in the draft order to make sure everything is correct. If there is a mistake, it cannot be changed once the draft is started, so take the time to go into the draft thread and confirm everything is good.
Rules of the draft:
1) If you plan to attend, please send me and RR a PM. This will allow you to make your selection live, as you will have a 5 minute time limit to do so.
2) If you cannot attend but would like to make your own selection, please send a list to both myself and RR. From this list, you will get your player selected.
3) If neither of the first two conditions are met, you will be auto'd. No exceptions whatsoever.
4) The first 2 rounds will take place live, with the 3rd and 4th rounds auto'd.
5) There may be long stretches without activity, and then BOOM - many selections have been made. That's what happens with auto'ing. Refresh often, as once you're passed, you're passed. No exceptions.
6) Every team has the ability to call one, and one only, 5 minute "timeout" if a trade is being negotiated. The trade must be sent confirmed to myself and RR within the 5 minutes. On the 6th minute, you'll have the balance of your 5 minutes to make a selection. After that, you get auto'd. Again, no exceptions.
7) Once your selection has been auto'd, you will be auto'd for the remainder of the draft. Once again, no exceptions.
Ladislav Smid to a 6-year contract worth $3,800,000 per season, including a NTC. Mark Fistric to a 2-year contract worth $1,500,000 per season. Nate Thompson to a 3-year contract worth $825,000 per season.
"It has been an utter treat watching Ladi mature into a consummate pro and premiere shutdown defenseman in this league. He's a fixture in the dressing room and both parties couldn't imagine Ladi playing anywhere else.
Mark expressed his desire to come home to Edmonton when he asked Dallas to be dealt. He made an immediate impact on our fans with his impact on opposing players.
Nate plays with determination, leads by example, and makes a delicious mango smoothie. He broke the mold when the Hockey Gods made bottom-6 centers."
On the trade front,
1) Chris Kreider could be moved in a package for a Top Pairing Defenseman.
2) We're looking for a 3rd pairing RH PMD/Offensive/2-Way defenseman. In order to obtain this player, we're willing to move:
- Nick Schultz
- Eric Belanger
- Ben Eager
- Theo Peckham
- Corey Potter
As far as the NHL Entry Draft tonight, we are unlikely to move the 4th OV pick, but if we we're to entertain offers, we'd need a Top-6 center with size and/or a Top-pairing defenseman. We're unlikely to move the pick though.
- Hawks are putting C Dave Bolland on block
- RW Michael Frolik on block (2.33M cap hit but only 1.8M actual salary next year)
- Hawks 1st (30th overall) is on block ast team looks to acquire some 2nd round picks
Also if anyone wants to acquire D Steve Montador or W Rostislav Olesz for dirty cheap before I put them on waivers to be compliance buyouts PM me
Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 03-17-2013 at 12:49 PM.
In search of a veteran top 9 RW, preferably with some size and grit. Also looking for a #4/5 veteran defenseman with a RH'ed shot. Picks/prospects as well as players such as Matt Calvert, David Savard, Steve Mason and possibly Cam Atkinson available.