HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Purpose Corey Perry Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 10:21 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
All Purpose Corey Perry Thread

Thought this needed to be done with all the threads popping up

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 10:55 PM
airforceones25

Will end up the same

Bobby Ryan - resigned
Ryan Getzlaf - resigned
Corey Perry - " "

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:01 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Will end up the same

Bobby Ryan - resigned
Ryan Getzlaf - resigned
Corey Perry - " "
I was fairly certain that Ryan and Getzlaf would sign, myself - but, with Perry, it's still up in the air for me. I get a 'not so sure' vibe when I read quotes from him. He may have been mis-represented in these quotes, I don't know, but I think there's a decent chance he ends up testing the waters. I don't rule out him re-signing with the Ducks, though. I just don't think it's as obvious as the Getzlaf re-signing was. I knew there was no way he's test the market, the signs were there that the Ducks would be able to keep him.

One thing I AM fairly certain about is that the Ducks, who, IMO, are for real, will not trade Perry, even if he's unsigned, before the draft. The team is clicking right now, and I think they'd want to take one last run with their current offensive group.

Although, I do think that moving Perry for a young, highly skilled centerman could definitely help Anaheim moving forward. Perry is good enough to garner a return like that. That said, there's no way a team contending for 2nd place ion the West would trade a player like Perry. It's not as if he's a one-dimensional goal scorer, he's a very important all-around player for the Ducks. Even if he's struggling to score goals, he's effective, and that's such a valuable asset to have.

03-10-2013, 11:08 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I was fairly certain that Ryan and Getzlaf would sign, myself - but, with Perry, it's still up in the air for me. I get a 'not so sure' vibe when I read quotes from him. He may have been mis-represented in these quotes, I don't know, but I think there's a decent chance he ends up testing the waters. I don't rule out him re-signing with the Ducks, though. I just don't think it's as obvious as the Getzlaf re-signing was. I knew there was no way he's test the market, the signs were there that the Ducks would be able to keep him.

One thing I AM fairly certain about is that the Ducks, who, IMO, are for real, will not trade Perry, even if he's unsigned, before the draft. The team is clicking right now, and I think they'd want to take one last run with their current offensive group.

Although, I do think that moving Perry for a young, highly skilled centerman could definitely help Anaheim moving forward. Perry is good enough to garner a return like that. That said, there's no way a team contending for 2nd place ion the West would trade a player like Perry. It's not as if he's a one-dimensional goal scorer, he's a very important all-around player for the Ducks. Even if he's struggling to score goals, he's effective, and that's such a valuable asset to have.
i really gotta hope that if we're not gonna be able to keep Perry we gotta trade him for assets coming back.
we came out of nowhere this year. I don't see us as a real cup contender. our window is more just opening rather than closing. no need to sell off the farm or lose a Hart Trophy winner for nothing

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:11 PM
NEWFowler
hi

The only way Perry gets moved at the deadline is if a proven #2 center is coming back. Which, IMO, isn't likely.

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i really gotta hope that if we're not gonna be able to keep Perry we gotta trade him for assets coming back.
we came out of nowhere this year. I don't see us as a real cup contender. our window is more just opening rather than closing. no need to sell off the farm or lose a Hart Trophy winner for nothing
I think the Ducks are a 2nd line centre away from being a true CUP contender. The funny thing is, they might have to trade Perry to get that player (or a young centre with upside).

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
I don't think the Ducks would sell the farm. I just think that there's maybe a 5% chance they trade Perry at the deadline.

If Murray is 100% sure that Perry won't re-sign, then I could see something happening. I mean, both NJ/NSH kept their star UFA players, and, IMO, it wasn't clear as to whether either of those players would re-sign or sign elsewhere. It actually paid off pretty nicely for the Devils, they came within two wins of a cup. Nashville looks to be suffering right now. They only made it to round 2, could use the skilled forward they would have gotten for Suter.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:18 PM
avsfansince95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I think the Ducks are a 2nd line centre away from being a true CUP contender. The funny thing is, they might have to trade Perry to get that player (or a young centre with upside).
thats not funny its more tragic, but with that said, send us perry!

avsfansince95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Perry + for for Kadri and Kessel +

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
I don't think the Ducks would sell the farm. I just think that there's maybe a 5% chance they trade Perry at the deadline.

If Murray is 100% sure that Perry won't re-sign, then I could see something happening. I mean, both NJ/NSH kept their star UFA players, and, IMO, it wasn't clear as to whether either of those players would re-sign or sign elsewhere. It actually paid off pretty nicely for the Devils, they came within two wins of a cup. Nashville looks to be suffering right now. They only made it to round 2, could use the skilled forward they would have gotten for Suter.
If I remember right, from what they got from Suter, the Preds were pretty confident they'd re-up him, and Lou doesn't talk contract mid-season.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:

This, but even if he does know he still isn't likely to trade him IMO. Being a small market team, Samueli might value the money he can make in the playoffs and take a chance, however small it may be, that he can resign Perry.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:35 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Perry isn't going to be a duck after this season. CP will test free agency and get paid to leave. The real problem is that the ducks are doing so well that they will want to simply hang on to CP to make a run at the cup and end up getting nothing for him (besides a shot at the cup this season).

Tough decision to make from a long term pov but easy when you are playing as well as the ducks have this season.

Ride CP until its all over and then thank him for the memories.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:47 AM
Dark Knight
We The North !!

Would love him on the Leafs, but I really hope Anaheim can keep their core.

03-11-2013, 02:48 AM
airforceones25

Tonight's game....

"I hate it here! I'm going to leave Anaheim so I can make a whopping 3 million less elsewhere. Ef you Getzlaf"

Reality check people...

8yrs - 66m (8.25av)

Or

7yrs - 63m (9av)

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 05:25 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Tonight's game....

"I hate it here! I'm going to leave Anaheim so I can make a whopping 3 million less elsewhere. Ef you Getzlaf"

Reality check people...

8yrs - 66m (8.25av)

Or

7yrs - 63m (9av)

I suppose that's one way of skewing things in a strange way. I don't see anyone saying that Perry hates it in Ana but if that makes you happy then it is all good. I also don't think that if CP leaves Ana to free agency it might not only be due to money. He may love it in Ana and his team mates but someone else may offer a better shot at the cup or allow him to live closer to home or he may want to play somewhere else for personal reasons etc etc etc.

He is gonna make the money no matter where he plays and he could earn more than 8yrs at 8.25 as you suggest. We won't know until it happens.

If he is going to re-sign with the Ducks for either of the contracts that you are suggesting then he will do it before he tests free agency. I mean why bother with all of that waiting, right? I mean if he is so certain to sign for one of those two amounts then he will do it sooner rather than later. No reason to test free agency at all if his situation is perfect where he is and he is willing to sign for the money you are suggesting then we will see it happen pretty soon, right?

Having Getzlaf and Perry signed at $17ishM per season seems about right.

Last edited by etherialone: 03-11-2013 at 06:01 AM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

In the bizarre case ANA trades him at the deadline, what would they want from Boston? Spooner and or KoKo and 1sts? Or roster players

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
topshelf15

I can see Perry being resigned,and if not he will be this year,s ZP .They wont move him, his value on that team is better than any other trade deadline deal they could make

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Tonight's game....

Reality check people...

8yrs - 66m (8.25av)

Or

7yrs - 63m (9av)
3 Millson less but with 1 year else work.

Also kypreos said that if Perry would sign in somewhere like Toronto, Mtl, he would be making a whole lot more money from endorsement deals than he would be playing with the Ducks.

For me it comes down to how much does Perry want come close to home, Bob Mac has said he wants to play in the East, so his parents and family get to see him play more often, but at the same time, its been said that he is a private guy, that is something he is going to give up if he comes East.

If he doesn't re-sign with Ducks, Habs/Wings/Sens/Leafs is where he'll go.

habs03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM
NHL Fanatik

Not that I feel NJ can even afford him, but is there 0% chance he could end up in NJ? Even the slightest chance?

NHL Fanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Pi

Perry is going to want 9M if he leaves and I think the Leafs would have zero problem giving it to him.

Overpaid? Yes he will be, but he'll be a great player.

Any team that gets him is going to be happy they overpaid for him.

I just hope nobody in the NE division gets him...if we don't.

I don't know why but I have this really bad feeling that the Bruins will get him .

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segnasty19 View Post
In the bizarre case ANA trades him at the deadline, what would they want from Boston? Spooner and or KoKo and 1sts? Or roster players
They'd definitely try for Krejci or Bergeron (and yes, we know how you feel about those two). If Perry was going to Boston, it would be for a number 2 center or top 6 winger +. No Horton or Peverley.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
NHL Fanatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Perry is going to want 9M if he leaves and I think the Leafs would have zero problem giving it to him.

Overpaid? Yes he will be, but he'll be a great player.

Any team that gets him is going to be happy they overpaid for him.

I just hope nobody in the NE division gets him...if we don't.

I don't know why but I have this really bad feeling that the Bruins will get him .
If the Bruins got Perry in the offseason with no trade necessary, I would probably cry from the thought that the Stanley Cup Champion for the next 5 years has been decided...

Old
03-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

I really hope Perry re-signs in Anaheim. If they need to clear up some space under the cap, I think they'd be better off trading Bobby Ryan. Getzlaf and Perry have undeniable chemistry and they are just so fun to watch together. I understand that Anaheim can techinically afford to re-sign all three of these guys, but I don't think they will want to tie up too much money between those three. Perhaps they could even put Hiller on the block now that they have Fasth locked up for a couple of years.

Whatever happens, I'd be more than happy to have either Perry or Ryan on the Flyers. I'm not sure we'd have the pieces necessary to trade for one of them, however.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 View Post
If the Bruins got Perry in the offseason with no trade necessary, I would probably cry from the thought that the Stanley Cup Champion for the next 5 years has been decided...
I don't know much about Bruins cap structure but I think most of their players are signed.

Horton is UFA and the Bruins can put Savard on LTIR. They can sign Perry and still have cap space.

If Perry wants to play for Boston..they will sadly get him one way or another.

Let's hope not.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:56 AM
NHL Fanatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I don't know much about Bruins cap structure but I think most of their players are signed.

Horton is UFA and the Bruins can put Savard on LTIR. They can sign Perry and still have cap space.

If Perry wants to play for Boston..they will sadly get him one way or another.

Let's hope not.
If that is true, I'll be having night terrors...

Just the thought of Perry on Boston's current roster make me choke up