HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

DUHATSCHEK: Tight standings= sellers market

Old
03-11-2013, 09:27 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
DUHATSCHEK: Tight standings= sellers market

Not surprisingly, it is shaping up to be a seller's market, with so many teams several points away from a playoff spot.

Near the bottom of the article.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle9582070/
Because the standings are so tight right now, NHL general managers believe sellers will be hard to find this year and thus, buyers will need to pay a significant premium for reinforcements. Calgary has been loath to sell in the past, because it conflicts with their organizational philosophy that they are in it every year.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:50 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Seems like good year to suck.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:54 AM
algernon

vCash: 500
As much as I an disgusted with the Oilers' philosophy of proudly bending over and throwing in the season on the hopes of some good picks, I would (just this one year) like to see the Flames sell.

Everybody's available.

Iggy
Kipper
Bouw
Tanguay
Camel Larry
Giordano
Stempniak
Stajan

Etc.
I don't think Glencross would want to leave, otherwise he'd be there too.
Any of the young guys could go as well, provided we keep a few to build around.

If somehow, we could trade all of the above and up with a handful of 1sts and decent prospects, we could be well on our way to the dreaded rebuild... but please, for the love of God, let it only be two years.

algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
I'm sure Buffalo, Calgary, Colorado and Columbus are looking for the right team to snag a 1st from. Have a feeling a few playoff ready teams will fall from grace, even after they acquire a rental/ player for the push.

Might be the right move to speed up their rebuild. It really was a good year to crap the bed, and collect some solid futures.

I'd assume anyone on their rosters could be had, as long as it isn't a recently drafted player or 22-23 and under.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
I'd love if Buffalo could somehow weasel away a 1st from someone for Regehr, but I think that possibility is remote. I'd be happy with a couple 2nd rounders for Leopold and Regehr.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:09 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Its a sellers market every year.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
if last year was a seller's market, I cant wait to see how exciting this year deadline will be :\

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I'd love if Buffalo could somehow weasel away a 1st from someone for Regehr, but I think that possibility is remote. I'd be happy with a couple 2nd rounders for Leopold and Regehr.
Buffalo could cash in huge this year.

D are always at a premium and Regehr + Leopold would be a nice addition to any team.

I also think the Sabres should look at trading Pominville and Ott or possibly even Vanek/Miller because all of them are UFAs after next year and are at the age where they've only got a 2-3 more years of peak performance left and the Sabres are at least a few season away from being a good team.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I don't agree. I've seen some quiet trade deadlines.

There have been yrs I've watched Snow shop Satan, Fedotenko, PAP... only to see them kept after Snow got what he felt were lowball offers.

This yr he's got Streit in extension talks, but Vis/Boyes/Reasoner/Nabby about to hit the ufa market.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

What could be scary is if Columbus scratches into playoff contention and decides, 'we have these #1 picks but our future is now. Anyone got some scoring forwards?'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:38 AM
zeus3007*

I'm torn. I'm tired of the Oilers moving their good players for picks, but with Hemsky having one more year, I wouldn`t be shocked if they shop him for picks. With the depth of the draft, I wouldn`t be too upset I don`t think.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:48 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by algernon View Post
As much as I an disgusted with the Oilers' philosophy of proudly bending over and throwing in the season on the hopes of some good picks, I would (just this one year) like to see the Flames sell.

Everybody's available.

Iggy
Kipper
Bouw
Tanguay
Camel Larry
Giordano
Stempniak
Stajan

Etc.

If somehow, we could trade all of the above and up with a handful of 1sts and decent prospects, we could be well on our way to the dreaded rebuild... but please, for the love of God, let it only be two years.
How do you get a rebuilding program that is only 2 years? If you are only going halfway Flames might as well stay where they are. The average rebuild is 5 years. Cleaning out a team like that and picks take a while to mature doubt they would be able to do it in 5 years. They wouldn't get high draft picks, all they'll get is mid to late first or late round picks.

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:53 AM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Formerly PADevil3034

Quote:

Everybody's available.

Iggy
Kipper
Bouw
Tanguay
Camel Larry
Giordano
Stempniak
Stajan

Etc.

Cammelleri to NJ please.

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I'm sure Buffalo, Calgary, Colorado and Columbus are looking for the right team to snag a 1st from. Have a feeling a few playoff ready teams will fall from grace, even after they acquire a rental/ player for the push.
If we keep ourselves within an arm's reach of the playoffs over the next couple weeks, we'll sadly probably not make any futures trades and only entertain 'hockey trades'.

I would like to see us sell off the guys not a part of the core going forward though. O'Byrne, Hunwick, Zanon, Kobasew, etc. Get some low picks if that's all they are worth, but just clear out their locker stalls and let the young guys take over.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:12 AM
intangible

Deep draft means firsts are more valuable than ever. I wouldn't expect tons of 1sts flying around for second-rate players, as has happened in the past.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post

Might be the right move to speed up their rebuild. It really was a good year to crap the bed, and collect some solid futures.

I'd assume anyone on their rosters could be had, as long as it isn't a recently drafted player or 22-23 and under.
I think Calgary, Colorado and Columbus will hold off being sellers until they're completely out of it (if they're completely out of it) by April 3.

Buffalo will sell, imo. Florida too.

I am really really really hoping this is the year we see the return of the hockey trade in grand style.

Ron Francis trades. Paul Coffey three-way trades. Let's go.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
NHL Fanatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
Cammelleri to NJ please.
This. I feel he would be a good fit as well.

NHL Fanatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:

Everybody's available.

Iggy
Kipper
Bouw
Tanguay
Camel Larry
Giordano
Stempniak
Stajan

Etc.

Why do you think you need to trade all of the above to get a high draft? You're only 2 points from the bottom now and neck-n-neck with the Oil for last...

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:20 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible View Post
Deep draft means firsts are more valuable than ever. I wouldn't expect tons of 1sts flying around for second-rate players, as has happened in the past.
normally i would agree but there will always be a few teams that think they are one player from going very deep in the playoffs....and with few teams out in ffew weeks time ...cost s will be expensive

do agree majority of teams will pass on trading this years 1st........

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 View Post
This. I feel he would be a good fit as well.
Buyer beware.

I was a very happy fan when Montreal acquired him. But last year he was arguably their worst player. Refused to battle for pucks, hung around on the periphery avoiding physical contact, tried hard not to get hit by shots and took some lame, long-range shots the few times he got the puck.

He's a sniper, yes. But certainly not one that endeared himself to teammates via hard work. Plekanec put an extra thousand miles on his body doing that guy's dirty work.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Robert Theodorson

Gotta imagine the Sabres will attempt to rid themselves of Regehr, maybe some other names too.

Florida and Buffalo are the only true sellers as of right now IMO. (in the east)

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
LEAFSIN4

Even though we're making a push, the Leafs have some players that could hold value for some teams.

MacArthur
JM Liles
Komisarek
Connolly

I wouldn't expect anything higher than a 2nd in return for one of those players.

LEAFSIN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:31 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleafsfan View Post
Even though we're making a push, the Leafs have some players that could hold value for some teams.

MacArthur
JM Liles
Komisarek
Connolly

I wouldn't expect anything higher than a 2nd in return for one of those players.
Carlyle likes MacArthur. I highly doubt they trade him. They will do whatever they can to re-sign.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Rinzler

I think it's going to be a buyer's market. There's a tonne of teams looking to unload salary for next year and the level of competition in the East is really sad. There's like 5 teams that are decent this year in the east. The west is competitive as usual though.

Looks like there'll be more sellers than buyers in my opinion. I think players are going to go for less than usual or be fewer trades. Also it's worth noting that this is a deep draft this year (For real this time) so teams are more likely to hold on to 1st round picks.

Rinzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Carlyle likes MacArthur. I highly doubt they trade him. They will do whatever they can to re-sign.
There's no way they deal MacArthur if they are in a playoff position. Spare parts ok sure, but no way Mac goes. Not a chance in hell.

Rinzler is online now   Reply With Quote